the throne will be destroyed by cersei

danny and john will work together to defeat the real enemy

bran john and dany will ride the dragons

bookmark this :poot:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MelbHawker

Stunning, game changing episode of Television. Daenerys destroying her enemies dragonback was perhaps her most epic scene to date. It was stunning. The Battle of Winterfell was indescribable. That set piece was game changing, the end result was stunning. The show has become a masterpiece, I just can't take it anymore gurls. 

Kit Harrington SLAYS Jon Snow so mother*cking hard, he's perfect. Everything about the war between him and Ramsay was classic. The visuals were brutal but brilliant. The ending with Sansa and Ramsay was sweet revenge. Sansa's had her best season to date. I like that she withheld information from Jon. She was confident Littlefinger would show if she requested it of him and ultimately, it was her action which won Winterfell back for her family.

Amazing, amazing episode. 

Watch Cersei go 'Burn Them All' next week in Kings Landing. All that wildfire underneath the city. It's about to go the hell offffffff. 

MelbHawker
7 hours ago, Poot said:

The Winterfell fight was so unoriginal, first losing then suddenly they get saved by another army. Like as if it's not expected. This episode would've been better and more logical if they had actually lost the fight and Sansa hadn't contacted Littlefinger or if Littlefinger's army fighted along them. Now it's like the writers just wanted a plot twist for the sake if it. Like why would Sansa not tell Jon about the army she's getting for them? Also I just don't get when the last group was running towards the fight, they still got surrounded. They didn't even try to attack them and it's not like they were being busy fighting others. The visuals of this fight however were one of the best ever in a TV show imo.

And Ramsay's death... Sansa surely didn't want him to suffer much, when Sansa told him 'you are non existant blabla' I was hoping she would turn him into her own reek. Ugh, I hope Sansa's new storyline will make her a bit more interesting and smarter, but I doubt it. She is so replaceable and weak now.

Edit: Plus when Ramsay told Jon and his group his dogs hadn't eaten in 7 days, Sansa was long gone. Like they did have a conversation where they told Sansa: 'Ramsay told us his dogs would like us, because they haven't eaten in 7 days, haha'. 

That battle was anything but unoriginal. Team Stark knew they'd lose the battle - still, they chose to fight despite Sansa's correct statement in saying they need more men. Littlefinger had offered his army to Sansa earlier in the season, it made perfect sense for Sansa to call on Littlefinger to assist her in winning her home back. Otherwise the Starks, Wildlings, Davos, they'd have been crushed by the Bolton shielding tactic. It was never a true plot twist that Littlefinger/The Vale showed up, the bread crumbs were laid by Sansa all season for her act of manipulation. She'll pay Littlefinger dust (I hope). 

Sansa isn't a sadist like Ramsay. If they turned her into a carbon copy of Ramsay in making her a torturing psychopath, the character would've been completely degraded. She used his own weapons against him. She ended him without actually lifting a finger. Ramsay's suffering is not worth her time. She's never been stronger! I'm at a loss as to how you've interpreted Sansa's movements as weak and replaceable. Gurl, she's become a Queen. 

kizurl

I would've LOVED the episode if I hadn't been spoiled about Ramsay's death all over the internet :koons:

Anyway, the battle scene was one of the best I've seen on film or on television. Just spectacular cinematography. I can't help but feel however, that Dany's scenes are getting a tad bit too cringey and just uninspiring. I get it she's the powerful queen but it's becoming repetitive and corny. I wonder if they're gonna pull something as jaw-dropping or game changing as Ned's death or the Red Wedding this season finale, because i've been anticipating for it and it hasn't come. It's about time GOT, give us the heart attack we all yearn for. :green:

29 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

That battle was anything but unoriginal. Team Stark knew they'd lose the battle - still, they chose to fight despite Sansa's correct statement in saying they need more men. Littlefinger had offered his army to Sansa earlier in the season, it made perfect sense for Sansa to call on Littlefinger to assist her in winning her home back. Otherwise the Starks, Wildlings, Davos, they'd have been crushed by the Bolton shielding tactic. It was never a true plot twist that Littlefinger/The Vale showed up, the bread crumbs were laid by Sansa all season for her act of manipulation. She'll pay Littlefinger dust (I hope). 

Sansa isn't a sadist like Ramsay. If they turned her into a carbon copy of Ramsay in making her a torturing psychopath, the character would've been completely degraded. She used his own weapons against him. She ended him without actually lifting a finger. Ramsay's suffering is not worth her time. She's never been stronger! I'm at a loss as to how you've interpreted Sansa's movements as weak and replaceable. Gurl, she's become a Queen. 

The fight was very predictable. The visuals were on point, but the sudden arrival of another army was so predictable. Right on time when they were being surrouned, litterally at that moment. If that's not predictable TV show/movie for you, then I don't know what is. This also shows how Jon's army was stupid af. How did they even let them get surrouned. They did deserve to die... :smh: 

Also Sansa has not become a queen, without Littlefinger's help they would've lost. She didn't even have a plan when she was discussing with Jon. I was expecting her to come up with something epic, but instead she was like: 'I don't know'... Then she contacts Littlefinger as a last resort and she doesn't even let Jon know. Like she could've at least told him and they might have saved tons of soldiers of Jon's army.

Her character wouldn't be downraded. She doesn't know how to fight, think of good strategies. Only think she is good at is with Littlefinger. If she somehow knew to trick Ramsay, aka the master of manipulations, that would finally give her something badass.

Then when Ramsay gets killed the writers make Ramsay look so stupid by saying the dogs would never eat their master and making him look hurt by their betrayal.

GRR Martin would never in his books tbh, but we'll see for that :emma: 

Next episode will be so much better 

Hecturr

I was literally at the edge of my seat during the fight with dany, it's been a looooooooooooooong time coming. I get the feel that they give her the 8th or 9th episode each season though :emma: It was also so cool to see her actually talking to other people from westeros, other than tyrion and the bald one I always forget the name of. I'm hoping we will get to see her fight with her dragons more during then next seasons. 

RAMROD

This episode is the best GOT episode they have made so far. The war scenes are even better than many those shown in movies. Damn, they must have save half the budget for this season for this episode alone! Very beautiful cinematography, the scenes where Jon running forward as Boltons army approaching him was amazing!! And that is not the only one!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

yASSsss

i have no words to describe my feelings.this episode was the epitome of perfection:giveup:.Sansa's smirk at the end gave me life:giveup:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

I'm glad to witness you all seeing the light when it comes to how awesome Sansa is. Our girl has come a long way and I'm rooting for her to play Littlefinger like the cruel joker he is. :rockstar:

5 hours ago, Yanko said:

danny and jjohn will not fight, john doesnt care about the throne

the throne will be destroyed by cersei

danny and john will work together to defeat the real enemy

bran john and dany will ride the dragons

bookmark this :poot:

its not the throne he cares for but his people AKA the north and jon might end up as kind of the north while danny wants to rule the 7 kingdoms including his kingdom and she wants to do it with those awful monsters that will destroy the smallfolk. i agree that cersei will go mad and try to burn down kingslanding but i doubt she succeeds :neyde: . 

the valonqar will stop her :sis: 

and i dont think the ending to that battle was predictable because if you think anything in this show is predictable then you havent been paying attention :neyde: GRRM will kill anyone even twice :laughga: wouldnt put it past him.

oh and one thing i hated about this show is the iron islands not being able to rape and pillage anymore. thats what the iron born are dammit and you're ruining the pirate aspect of the show that i really liked :emma: . how are you iron born without any salt wives or paying the iron price for what you have? this is blasphemy and as much as i like yara i hope she is killed by euron. hope theon can stay alive tho :giveup: 

I disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

Lion Heart

One thing I noticed is that Varys has never met Daenerys. 

When Tyrion meets Daenerys, Varys isn't there (since Tyrion was captured by Jorah Mormont when they went to the brothel in Volantis). Then at the end of Season 5 when Tyrion, Missandei, and co. are left to rule Mereen, Varys magically appears to help Tyrion rule the city, just as Daenerys goes missing and is eventually captured by the Dothraki army. And finally, just before Daenerys returns to Mereen, Varys once again disappears on a secret mission (my guess is Dorne). 

I know that he had no idea that Tyrion would be captured by Jorah, but the other two events... is it just a coincidence? Terrible luck? Or is he trying to avoid her on purpose? 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

I wonder why Jon didn't tell the men to bring Rickon to Melisandre. She could at least try to bring him back.

Lion Heart

ZeG8Z6V.jpg

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

MelbHawker
21 hours ago, Poot said:

The fight was very predictable. The visuals were on point, but the sudden arrival of another army was so predictable. Right on time when they were being surrouned, litterally at that moment. If that's not predictable TV show/movie for you, then I don't know what is. This also shows how Jon's army was stupid af. How did they even let them get surrouned. They did deserve to die... :smh: 

Also Sansa has not become a queen, without Littlefinger's help they would've lost. She didn't even have a plan when she was discussing with Jon. I was expecting her to come up with something epic, but instead she was like: 'I don't know'... Then she contacts Littlefinger as a last resort and she doesn't even let Jon know. Like she could've at least told him and they might have saved tons of soldiers of Jon's army.

Her character wouldn't be downraded. She doesn't know how to fight, think of good strategies. Only think she is good at is with Littlefinger. If she somehow knew to trick Ramsay, aka the master of manipulations, that would finally give her something badass.

Then when Ramsay gets killed the writers make Ramsay look so stupid by saying the dogs would never eat their master and making him look hurt by their betrayal.

GRR Martin would never in his books tbh, but we'll see for that :emma: 

Next episode will be so much better 

I see Sansa's journey and character development differently to you. She has most definitely become a queen. She knew Littlefinger would help her and Jon win the war - she was the only one in Jon's camp who was adamant that they needed more men if they stood any chance against the Boltons. She knew they faced certain defeat. She had a plan when she was discussing warfare with Jon. She did not want to reveal what she had up her sleeve re: Littlefinger for reasons that we can only assume since she has not stated exactly why she withheld such information. The way I see it - it was Littlefinger who handed Sansa over to Ramsay, and it is his fault that she experienced so much pain. Did he know what Ramsay was? Yes. He's no fool. Sansa proceeded to use him to win her home back. If Jon and co. knew what sort of man Littlefinger was, there's no way they'd have accepted his assistance if Sansa had suggested it. I think people reduce Sansa's character down to nothing because of the mistakes she made earlier during the series. She was so naive, and now she's anything but. She's suffered more than most characters in this series, it makes sense for her to act as a lone wolf in times of war given how those closest to her have treated her. 

Ramsay's death was fitting. He was complete sadist - Sansa experienced his torment firsthand. I thought having her set his own beasts on him (remember, it was his plan to feed Jon & Co. to the hounds) was classic. It's also in line with Sansa's innocence in all of the atrocity she's surrounded by. She won her home back for herself. She outplayed him from the sidelines of the battlefield. She decided to use Ramsay's weapons against him to end him. Effortless. 

Do I believe the war was predictable? I'm not sure. I mean, I knew Team Stark would win. I knew they'd struggle. I knew Littlefinger would show up by Sansa and make all the difference in winning. Was it ever going to be unpredictable? No. There was no other way for this war to end. Jon's army wasn't stupid. They were outnumbered 3 to 1. They were never going to get on top of the Bolton forces. Ramsay's tactic was brilliant. 

Archived