đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why Was AURA Changed As 1st Single?

nakedidea

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She did say she wanted it as lead single but anyway, I think the 'Burqa' word would have ruined a lot of her bcuz of the muslims so...  :roll:

Slayer

Oh come on, Venus was supposed to be the first single

Venus wasn't even made until September/October 2013...

I would have much preferred Aura to have been the lead single. Even if it had flopped, it would have been a risk worth taking. Applause is a good song, but it's not impressive or revolutionary in any way, and that's not what I expect from Lady Gaga. It did its job; it got to number 4 in the charts, but will people remember it as a classic Gaga song? Of course not. Aura, on the other hand, had the potential to be remembered, even if it hadn't charted as well as Applause.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

DanceInTheDark

Venus wasn't even made until September/October 2013...

Stop quoting me, I said this 7 months ago

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights

Slayer

Stop quoting me, I said this 7 months ago

oops, sorry, didn't realise this was such an old thread.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Omegahedron

I think it would have been good as a lead. It's bold, and the intro is very nice as a transition of eras. I imagine the image of a dead BTW gaga in the trunk of a car for the video. But I doubt they ever thought it would lead ...

Venus wasn't even written before Applause was released, let alone being choice for the lead single.

I never heard her say that Sexxx Dreams would be the lead? Any links or receipts for this?

Versace

TBH the only song I would've imagine might have been more popular than Applause as a lead would be G.U.Y , I can't see Aura slaying tbh

HORRORHOLIC

If Aura was the 1st single Gaga'a career would be in a much better place right now. I've already explained why many times, I'm sure some will disagree but I've been 100% right with how fans would react to certain singles so far!!!

It's the only song on ARTPOP (except maybe Dope) that would have been able to actually make a real impact!!!

Oh come on, Venus was supposed to be the first single

:awkney: 

alsjeblieft neen 

Phlop

Venus was finished last, doesn't mean she didn't write it a long time before September 2013.

I'm sure she wrote and recorded demos of it way before September.

BYE

XoXoJoanneGaga

Applause was the best choice for the first single. It was like candy for radio, incredibly replayable. It was in the top 10 for 3 months straight. Gypsy or DWUW might have worked as well.

SpadesToStart

You have no idea.

1. Initially, the first single was Venus. Other first single choices have been Sexxx Dreams, Gypsy and ARTPOP.

2. It wasn't Troy who chose Applause as the lead single, but Jimmy Iovine.

3. How is Applause trendy?

Venus was NOT the first single choice.  Venus wasn't even written until after Swinefest.

Gaga wanted Aura, that got shot down.  The next two choices were Applause and Sexxx Dreams. The label chose Applause.

Too many changes aren't necessary! Change the intro, and maybe bigger bridge? Please don't touch the angelic chorus.

I actually wish she sang Aura's chorus 3 times instead of 2!  I think it's the strongest chorus on ARTPOP and one of her best ever.

Stephen

Why are people saying the lead was Venus? Wasn't that song not conceived and finished until after Applause was already released?

The lead was supposed to be Sexxx Dreams

She said it in one of the first radio interviews during the Applause era. Jimmy Iovine ultimately decided that Applause would be the lead instead of SD.

:smh: but what am I wasting my time for? People are going to believe what they want to believe :smh:

Thank you! Finally someone with sense dear god lol

djBuffoon

"Applause" was the best choice. Radio-friendly, but still with a Gaga touch that makes it unique. Plus, it most succinctly summarizes the themes of the album.

drinkmytears

You have no idea.

1. Initially, the first single was Venus. Other first single choices have been Sexxx Dreams, Gypsy and ARTPOP.

2. It wasn't Troy who chose Applause as the lead single, but Jimmy Iovine.

3. How is Applause trendy?

Venus was written and produced like after Applause came out

ARTPOP and Gypsy were never candidates, only Applause and Sexxx Dreams

Archived