đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga is among World's Best Selling Artists.

Foivos

Featured Posts

MonsterMarty

She has.

25 million albums + 90 million singles = 115 million records

She hasn't sold 150m yet.

It's at about 115m

I'm one of the editors on that and the Best-Selling albums articles - to put claimed sales, you have to have >60% supported by certs for an artist with the bulk of your work released after 1997, hence MJ only has about 170m certs but his total estimates are 400 million (without Jackson 5 stuff) but Rihanna is 150 million with 107m certs.

Gaga's certs for albums are actually really accurate at 17.5 million units so she's sold 24 million for sure, but her certs for singles are inflated, she's closer to 70 million estimated with a total of 43 million certs but her estimates range from 90-130 million singles on her promo stuff which is too high when her combined certs are at 60m. 80m seems fair on the list for now, Taylor wasn't allowed be considered for 100m until she passed 72 million certs.

An example of the stupidity of needing a reliable source to quote the sales: Garth Brooks has 136m certs and his estimate can't move past 130m.  :toofloppy:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smooth Criminal

Anyone can edit on Wikipedia, so don't trust it :spin:

No. That is not true. Not everyone can edit it. Plus Wiki requires legit sources for your info and you have to cite the source after you provide the info.

J e s s e

Slay gurl, slay.

Y9AAYsM.gif

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

The Katy Perry shade was unnecessary, we all saw she's not in the list

:laughga:
Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Wet Fire

I don't really know what they mean by 'record'. Is it singles+albums. If so then Gaga has passed 100 million.

I don't really know what they mean by 'record'. Is it singles+albums. If so then Gaga has passed 100 million.

Yeah, records generally mean singles, albums, and other music material which the artist released such as individual digital tracks, remixes, extended plays, et.al. Hence, record sales imply the COMBINED sales one has sold throughout one's career. Gaga has surely sold more than 115 million records worldwide since her debut.

However, Billboard recently posted that her worldwide record sales have already amassed over 150 million - others call the figures exaggerated but it isn't something uncommon. Publicists, labels, and media alike have been doing this kind of things since the time of Elvis Presley and the Beatles where both acts were at one point presented to have sold over 1 billion records WW each. Are these the completely accurate figures? I doubt it, and same goes with all the other pop stars in history. Accurate sales are hard to determine with the brand imaging labels do for their artists. For instance, the AMAs just called Rihanna to have sold over 50 million albums, in addition to her 180 million singles. 

As for Rihanna, that's probably ALL her collaborations alongside with her singles...

Exactly. And that applies to everyone else. Collaborations through singles are always counted towards the respective sales of each artist involved. 

GagaMyBlood95

Exactly. And that applies to everyone else. Collaborations through singles are always counted towards the respective sales of each artist involved. 

yeah, and we all know how many collaborations Gaga has...

WarriorPrince

Rihanna did 150m in 10 years

Gaga did 115m in 5 years

You do the math :emma:

Except Gaga already peaked commercially and Rihanna sells more records than her now :emma:

GagaMyBlood95

Yeah, and Rihanna's biggest hit of her career is "Love the way you lie" and it's not even her song, she's a feature...

I'm not shading her, I love her, but it's true..

• Mills locked this topic

Archived