Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Lady Gaga’s ex-manager wanted more pop, less art

miss anthropy

Featured Posts

Levine

I hope you guys know how powerful is Troy Carter in the industry... if he's pissed at you, you should be worried about it

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstronic

I love it. The reviews all complain there's no Art and it's all Pop, and then here we have rumors of the label wanting even more Pop! She cannot win in this context.

This is what Gaga is talking about when she mentions "corporations" and why they don't know what the **** they're doing.

This album does have a lot of hits... Just not radio friendly generic hits... Aura, Venus, G.U.Y are definitely better than average songs, they could be hits but they're not radio friendly enough... MANiCURE could have been a HUGE hit if it was more pop and less rock. 

I think she should do this

Applause

Do What U Want

Release Gypsy in February

Release MANiCURE, and then end the era...

GUY?!

Omegahedron

I believe the root of this article. Though you're never sure of the truth when its projected through someone else's lens

miss anthropy

I love it. The reviews all complain there's no Art and it's all Pop, and then here we have rumors of the label wanting even more Pop! She cannot win in this context.

That's a good point!! 

I don't know if I buy it, mostly because of the "there's no potential hits on it" bit. In addition to the two already released (hit) singles, there's Sexxx Dreams, MANiCURE, Gypsy and G.U.Y  that all have hit potential (as well as others) I actually think this album is massively pop; it's catchy, dancey, happy and yeah it has weird elements but nothing overwhelmingly strange. Gaga does twist the genre but sometimes people act like she makes the most experimental music on the face of the earth; what she makes is excellent pop music with an edge and people love that bit of edge. The album itself is not massively avant-garde sonically: she is as a persona, but she always has been so I don't really get this article.

Honestly if it's true then it's idiotic because it's almost like getting cold feet and giving up rather than riding the wave; every career has peaks and troughs and Gaga is clearly building herself back up again with this one. Someone on here said something very interesting that the album and singles might not be her biggest sellers but they'll have a lot of impact in terms of how she's perceived and the next couple of albums she'll be right back on top again; it's already happening; Applause was a success, DWUW is growing; the AMA's performance was a true Gaga moment; it's all building her back up.

I just posted something in the comment section clocking all them haters lol

Srsly, if this is true, she did a smart move. It's LADY GAGA's carrer, it's her art. It's her decision.

RAMROD

Gaga been on Page Six so much lately, she is true New Yorker now :derpga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Okay, so if this ARTPOP was an EP(8 songs I guess, just like TFM), wich songs should be on it?

I came up with this:

ARTPOP (title track)

Venus (Gaga's solo produced masterpiece)

G.U.Y. (Just love it)

Do What U Want (I love the message in this song)

Mary Jane Holland (It's about my country)

Donatella (Flawless)

Gypsy (Her vocals in this song are just amazing)

Applause (Good comeback song after she had to cancel the BTW Ball)

Thoughts?

trutheverafter

I don't know if I buy it, mostly because of the "there's no potential hits on it" bit. In addition to the two already released (hit) singles, there's Sexxx Dreams, MANiCURE, Gypsy and G.U.Y  that all have hit potential (as well as others) I actually think this album is massively pop; it's catchy, dancey, happy and yeah it has weird elements but nothing overwhelmingly strange. Gaga does twist the genre but sometimes people act like she makes the most experimental music on the face of the earth; what she makes is excellent pop music with an edge and people love that bit of edge. The album itself is not massively avant-garde sonically: she is as a persona, but she always has been so I don't really get this article.

Honestly if it's true then it's idiotic because it's almost like getting cold feet and giving up rather than riding the wave; every career has peaks and troughs and Gaga is clearly building herself back up again with this one. Someone on here said something very interesting that the album and singles might not be her biggest sellers but they'll have a lot of impact in terms of how she's perceived and the next couple of albums she'll be right back on top again; it's already happening; Applause was a success, DWUW is growing; the AMA's performance was a true Gaga moment; it's all building her back up.

THIS so much 

„Talk is cheap but costs a lot“

I'll believe it when it comes from:

A) Gaga's mouth

B) Troy's mouth

C) Interscope statement

Otherwise, bye. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

freebit

I'm not sure if true or not, but it would make sense.

Also, there's this quote from DJWS that also might explain the "non-radio hits" thing and why people seem slow to warm to ARTPOP:

I was just trying to make something that pushed people’s way of thinking a little bit. I mean, we release a single at 140bpm. It took people a little bit to catch on, 'cause they were not hearing anything at this tempo. Same with the rest of the tracks – something a little off from the norm to get people thinking about possibilities.

As for these other claims, I also feel like it would've been a good idea to make this an EP, not only because I like EPs, but also because ARTPOP feels like a mixtape to me. G.U.Y., Jewels N' Drugs, and Dope don't seem like they belong on the same album.

I like that LG is able to do her thing freely, but she's like a great rough draft in need of an editor. That said, if Troy was team Interscope in this feud, I can see why he's no longer her personal manager. That sort of conflict should just be between her and the label IMO.

Anyway, I hope her next collection of sings go perfectly and so everyone will shut up and get off her back.

Ray of Light

Why are people hating on the idea of an EP when TFM was more than enough :wtf: Quality over Quantity any day.

It seems Interscope is denying this took place.

I hate how everytime they bring up BTW sales, they mention the 99 cent Amazon deal. Don't they remember that Amazon bought all those albums at full price to feature them in their promotion for cloud technology?

🖤 𖤓 ♠︎

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived