Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Lady Gaga’s ex-manager wanted more pop, less art

miss anthropy

Featured Posts

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Interscope rep snipped to us about the sales: “It’s the No. 1 album, and everyone would love a No. 1 album. What’s not to be happy about?â€

I guess Troy should think before doing....

I like dancin', and ponies....

Allison M

I'm glad Gaga doesn't cave on her artistic direction and stick to what she wants to create as an artist. It is her name on it afterall, not Troy Carter's.

I can't tell whether this is true reporting or just a reasoned deduction.  The tustle between artists and their record labels like this is no doubt played out over and over again through the years.  The artist wants to build a legacy and secure a long term career, but the record label execs will be most concerned to maximize the quick $$$.  It could be well the case that Troy stepped too far over to the record label side of that negotiation, rather than fight Gaga's case.

HORRORHOLIC

If true Gaga made the right decision. The artist should always have creative control, record labels trying to tell their artists what kind of music to make are what's wrong with the music industry

HausOfNicole

I truly believe this coz there rly are no true hits other than DWUW and applause, probably gypsy

Gypsy, Sexx Dreams, and MANiCURE are hits waiting to happen, and a strong cases of can be made for G.U.Y., Mary Jane Holland, and Fashion! under the right promotion and timing. A lack of hits isn't the problem.

Elizabeth

I think it's true, to an extent. However, I don't think we really are in a place to comment since we do t know the full story or the truth.

FrozenKookie

I can believe it. She really started speaking negatively about commercialization and marketing around the time of their split.

Yeah, that makes sense actually..

ThomastheMonster

This album does have a lot of hits... Just not radio friendly generic hits... Aura, Venus, G.U.Y are definitely better than average songs, they could be hits but they're not radio friendly enough... MANiCURE could have been a HUGE hit if it was more pop and less rock. 

I think she should do this

Applause

Do What U Want

Release Gypsy in February

Release MANiCURE, and then end the era...

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived