💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' set to debut at 240-260k

Americano

Featured Posts

VenusWarhol

This is sad but for some reason I'm not suprised, I feel like the people don't care about her anymore, I hope I prove wrong because she works so hard for her albums and try to push boundaries. Quick Gaga tell to your good friend Oprah to buy your new album, she could buy 1 million copies :teehee:

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• Doot

• Aidenaude

• HANZ

Top Posters In This Topic

This is horrible! And I actually have to admit it's her own fault. She hardly did any promo after she was gone for 2.5 years. You just can't expect high album sales after the mess that was the 2nd part of the btw era, such a long brake and no promo. 275k isn't even that bad with this conditions. :(

So what promo did Eminem then??

SadJudasPanda

The Fame: 24,000
Total Sold: 4,525,000
The Fame Monster: 174,000
Total Sold: 1,566,000
Born This Way: 1,108,000
Total Sold: 2,298,000
ARTPOP: 250,000-275,000
Total Sold:???

As shown, she hasn't had big debuts other than BTW. If she chooses the right singles everything could be alright. She's alienated a lot of people and it's going to take a lot of work on her part to get people on her side again. She has some friendly hits that could work for her. If she chooses to appease the GP instead of here fans, she could repair a good amount of the damage that has been done to her brand. I will never jump ship as long as she keeps delivering music that I enjoy.

GermanJudas16

I've got a question. I'm asking it myself for the last 24 hours. :excited2:

ARTPOP's first-week sales are approximately around 250k, right? WHAT ABOUT THE PRE-ORDERS? :party:

AREN'T THE F*CKING PRE-ORDERS HIGH ENOUGH TO GET HER THAT #1 ALBUM, ADDITIONAL TO THE FIRST-WEEK SALES? :excited2:

GagaMyBlood95

I'm not saying she couldn't get good numbers with ARTPOP because she can of course, all does NOT depend on the debut week, but she is LADY GAGA and I didn't expect these numbers, that's all...

DustOnMyTable

Amazing how I didn't get BTW during first week (bought BTW the collection last year) because I didn't have enough money and now when I have the money to buy ARTPOP, it didn't chart properly. Anyways, I love the music not the bling (money/numbers).

bumblebee

You do know that 2.5yrs is almost exactly May 2011 which was exactly when BTW was released? So she has been "gone for the gp" right immediately BTW was released? Wow, never heard of an era ending right after the album was released. Amazing really.

She only got 2 top ten radio hits with Born This Way. After The Edge of Glory, non of her singles managed to crack the top 10 on all-format radio. I think that was the meaning. In terms of radio top 10 presence, APPLAUSE is her first top 10 song on the radio in over 2 years, as well as her first top 5 hit on Pop Radio in over 2 years also

hausoffame

As long as she still has the fans, that's all that really maters. Those numbers aren't bad by any means. It's not about record sales anymore. The tour is what brings in the money.

As long as she still has the fans, that's all that really maters. Those numbers aren't bad by any means. It's not about record sales anymore. The tour is what brings in the money.

I don't think you get it. The singles sell the albums, and the singles and albums together sell the concert tickets. The Born This Way Way Ball was flopping near the end because there were all sorts of unsold seats. If enough of the public has indeed tired of her, then they won't be going to the tour and she will have to downsize to smaller venues. 

Ander_Monster

I cant at people saying that Interscope will fire her OMG. Even if she flopped super hard in USA (which she wont), she still has the rest of the world. And the tour is what brings money. And oh jesus, interscope would never let Gaga go

So what promo did Eminem then??

Millions of white boys from the suburbs who think they are "gangsta" but are also racist and refuse to listen to music by black people. I know, I have met many of them... many

Neight Shayde

Okay. It's my favorite album! I'm here to enjoy the experience with Gaga. I'm excited to buy the album!!