💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga’s portraits of famous painting by Robert Wilson

Bazaar

Featured Posts

did she paint these, or did someone else paint these of her, or did someone paint a painting of her to replicate another painting? so confused rn 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did she paint these, or did someone else paint these of her, or did someone paint a painting of her to replicate another painting? so confused rn 

I don't think these are paintings, maybe pictures.

Didymus

I thought they would reinvent the painting :ohwell:

original...? They're her as the individuals in famous paintings.. how could it be original in any instance? :huh:

Holy crap, that actually looks like it a lot. Did they just transpose her into the original painting, or recreate it completely?

I wanna see more of this.

They transposed her. I saw a picture of the process, its really interesting

aaronyoji

They transposed her. I saw a picture of the process, its really interesting

what do you mean transposed? where you there?

Prometheus

original...? They're her as the individuals in famous paintings.. how could it be original in any instance? :huh:

THIS 

:lmao:

theres pictures of how they merged the new photos of her to the old ones and the process lol

These pictures explain the process:

tumblr_mw7mlvchKU1qdmb8eo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mw7mlvchKU1qdmb8eo3_1280.jpg

It's actually a video that's shown at the Louvre, called Work In Progress I believe, showing Robert Wilson's process as a portraitist. They showed part of the video at the ArtRave, among the Inez & Vinoodh fashion film and the complete Marina Abramovic method. Watch it here, starts at 1:28.

I think they actually recreated the full set because, although the recreations are very similar, some elements are different, the draping of the fabrics and the letters for the Death of Marat... I'm guessing they projected the real painting while shooting the video to have the proportions, lighting and pose just right.

Ouh, nevermind I just searched about it and a few french medias reported on the exhibit and Gaga. The video of The Death Of Marat is actually shown right next to La Joconde, among all the classical paintings. (The original painting of Marat is not at the Louvre but in Belgium I beieve)

And it really is a video, her eyes are open here while closed on another photo, it's really striking apparently. She also opens her eyes and cries a single tear as Mademoiselle Caroline Rivière. The reports say it's very very beautiful.

wilson-gaga.jpg

Bob-Wilson-Louvre-Lady-Gaga_EDIIMA201311

14 screens show different versions of the head of Jean-Baptiste, more or less bloody, fusing with the original painting...

wilson.jpg

There is also a video of Gaga tied upside down with a rope, and spinning in the air, I suppose it's the part we see at the end of the video shown at the ArtRave. That's it right in front of the bed there.

wilson_bob_lit_louvre_131113.jpg?itok=s5

Urgh, I'm really excited to go now, I really must plan my trip to Paris asap. Gaga's taking over the Louvre and I LOVE it!

Archived