💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Overview of ARTPOPs reviews so far by Yahoo music

Unicorn De Milo

Featured Posts

Unicorn De Milo

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/lady-gaga-ARTPOP-gets-tempered-applause-critics-201441997.html

"The verdict? Tempered applause for what is being described as more an exercise in pure pop than art."

"John Aizlewood at the London Evening Standard gives it four stars (out of five), but notes, "At 15 tracks, it’s too long and too stodgy. A more rigorous editor would have trimmed the interminable title track and the feeble duet with R. Kelly, 'Do What U Want.' But at its best, 'ARTPOP' is an exhilarating musical bungee jump."

"Over at Dazed Digital, Oren Myers compares Gaga's latest to her last, "Born This Way." "At 15 songs 'ARTPOP' is similarly sprawling, but with a higher quota of inventive radio-hits-in-waiting," he writes, adding, "if this album were 10 songs long and Twista hadn't been allowed within a 100-metre radius, we'd probably be calling this the pop album of the year. As it is, it's an album with five excellent tracks, four solid deep cuts, and a few misfires. Inevitably, 'ARTPOP' will be compared to Katy Perry's cautious 'Prism' and Miley Cyrus' uneven 'Bangerz,' and in the main it triumphs with its monster hooks, sheer conviction, and genuine out-of-the-box oddness. She's still the most interesting pop star we have."

"The Guardian's Michael Cragg was one of several U.K. journalists who got an advance listen in the studio last week. "Lady Gaga isn't stupid and 'ARTPOP' stays very true to the second part of that awkward compound word. Almost every song comes with at least five hooks and two choruses, sometimes crowbarred into the song's jackhammer production," he writes."

Ps: I can't believe they talked about the mess of Angela Chang

But it's true at some points. This album sounds a lot like a mix of TF/TFM/BTW, so nothing really new, pure pop. But I still like it :party: anyway

JacobLindell

I feel like this is sort of true.. Like when you really think of it..If she just cut off Jewels & Drugs, Fashion! and Swine and made them BONUS tracks on the ARTPOP: Deluxe Edition I feel she wouldn't have gotten much criticism. I do agree it's too long and rocky 

But i still love it though!

Phoenix

These reviews are boring. I hate it that there's someone on internet who thinks he/she has that right to rate someone's work. No matter if it's Gaga, Katy, Miley or anyone. Only people who should rate it are fans. And so far Litlle Monsters think ARTPOP is 10.5/10

💎

I feel like this is sort of true.. Like when you really think of it..If she just cut off Jewels & Drugs, Fashion! and Swine and made them BONUS tracks on the ARTPOP: Deluxe Edition I feel she wouldn't have gotten much criticism. I do agree it's too long and rocky 

But i still love it though!

Problem is, the majority want 2-3 tracks cut because the album is so varied, but they can agree what they are.

This one likes DWUW best:

http://thequietus.com/articles/13805-lady-gaga-ARTPOP-review

This one wants it cut as filler:

A more rigorous editor would have trimmed the interminable title track and the feeble duet with R. Kelly, 'Do What U Want.'

Some hate her attempts at rock or rap, others think they are the best tracks.

that was a great overview of ARTPOP reviews.  :party:

I feel like western culture is so stupid in the sense that it always tries to explain why you should hate something, instead

of why you should love it. It's a hate culture. We diss the artist, we ridicule them, and it's never enough for anybody.

Reviews should be like this one, say what's great about the album and what's not so great, and stop there. We don't need

a "veredict". We can figure out if we like it by ourselves.

ARTPOP is loud, self indulgent, and messy. Whether that's good or bad is not up to anyone to decide. :nails:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

JacobLindell

Problem is, the majority want 2-3 tracks cut because the album is so varied, but they can agree what they are.

This one likes DWUW best:

http://thequietus.com/articles/13805-lady-gaga-ARTPOP-review

This one wants it cut as filler:

A more rigorous editor would have trimmed the interminable title track and the feeble duet with R. Kelly, 'Do What U Want.'

Some hate her attempts at rock or rap, others think they are the best tracks.

I think they just need to sit down  :noparty:

Somebody should give Gaga credit for having SHORTER tracks on average than on TFM or BTW.

It doesn't take as genius to notice, does it? 

"feeble duet with R. Kelly, 'Do What U Want'"

No. You must turn in your journalism badge right now.

This!

Somebody should give Gaga credit for having SHORTER tracks on average than on TFM or BTW.

It doesn't take as genius to notice, does it? 

That's not necessarily a good thing... Epica has 15 minute tracks and I cum to them.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived