💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Label Pressured Gaga to Omit Controversial Princess Di Song

craig

Featured Posts

If it's true, then I agree with their decision. I find the song suited for a "decay of a pop star" album, not for an album titled ARTPOP. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HYPERCRUSH

I prefer Dope> Princess Die even though its not as good lyrically or sonically, the emotion and rawness cant be beaten 

pissartist

Even though this is The Mirror and I don't believe the information, I assumed that this was the case anyway. Princess Die is one of Gaga's most effective songs ever written. She was more truthful in this song than she ever has been, I think it's more truthful or heartfelt than Dope is. I'm sad that it's not on the album but in a way it's probably a good thing as the live version is so raw, a studio version might not have done it justice.

I'm wondering how people will react to this album on a worldwide tour. "gypsy" is offensive to romani people apparently, "burqa" references seem to be reviewed poorly, and if this song made the cut I feel like it would just be a mess. Personally, I don't really care about any of those things. 

Elizabeth

I reckon if the label thought it was too controversial they wouldn't have let her perform it as many times as she did anyway :shrug: 

HausOfMiklaus

And yet formerly Burqa "Aura" and racial slur "Gypsy" exists. :deadbanana: I love both songs, just so we're clear.

Pressured to drop it? I thought she dropped it because it doesn't fit with the theme/sound of the album, which it doesn't.

Alien Tulip

I'm glad. I wanted fun music on ARTPOP not depressing so I'm pretty happy with the outcomes.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived