Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Huffington Post: ARTPOP Review

boobtank

Featured Posts

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dylangaga

This tbh. It's a seriously average album, especially coming from someone like Gaga who has proven herself time and time again in the past. Especially for how long she's supposedly been working on it, it comes off as lazy to me. And there's not a single track that pops out at me as mindblowingly great (I love Venus, and MANiCURE and Fashion! are fun and catchy, but def lack a certain "wow" factor). 

I hope youre kidding...you werent wowed by GUY? DWUW? Dope? Gypsy? Donatella? ARTPOP? Fashion!? these songs all offer something different from gaga including the flawless jewels n d--gs...these songs are far from average..the lyrics all flow nicely and just because this album lacks maturity doesnt make it average...gaga told us this album was gonna lack maturity so did you expect something different? Every bridge has something different to offer and just because each song doesnt scream art doesnt mean its not art. People and gaga are always changing...everyday, people are influenced by other things to change their view and if this is gagas ideal of art I see no flaws in it..gaga is combining art with everyday life and just because it isnt obvious it doesnt mean that its not there

Redstreak

That is likely true, I think the ARTPOP concept, if properly and fully executed, would not be mainstream. Which raises the question, should an artist be willing to sacrifice for their work if it really means so much to them?

They should, but being with a label there always has to be a practical side to things.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Dylangaga

gagas theory of art is clear and I dont know what some of ya'll are seeing...many people lack an artistic view and gagas whole ideal is to instill the art in the person which is what shes doing...the album hasnt even came out yet so we have yet to experience gagas full complete concept of ARTPOP...we only have 1 music video and that is a CLEAR INDICATION of ART...its flawless and visually beautiful

Schwerk

I think reviewers are taking the art concept way too literally.

True, but Gaga is partly to blame for that I guess.

How can people not realize Donatella's lyrics are SUPPOSED to sound ridiculous as they are parodying the misconceptions of Donatella Versace and ridiculing the stereotypes of the fashion industry? 

BYE :awkney:

IKR? Lazy lyrics? Her lyrics are way more interesting than BTW if you ask me, or any previous work really. Especially Dope hits the point without sounding to cliche. And it's good that she's so ironic.

Guess there will always be people who think Pokerface is actually about playing poker.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

To be quite fair, J&D is not a good song, per say. We enjoy it because we're Gaga fans, but it's not up to par with most of the sound on the record, I believe. 

The reviewer was actually pretty professional, but, IMO, only failed to see the humour in Gaga's allegedly "bad" lyrics. 

Dylangaga

To be quite fair, J&D is not a good song, per say. We enjoy it because we're Gaga fans, but it's not up to par with most of the sound on the record, I believe. 

The reviewer was actually pretty professional, but, IMO, only failed to see the humour in Gaga's allegedly "bad" lyrics. 

lmfao Ill pray for your sins...Jewels n d--gs is flawless

TheOriginalOne

I haven't even heard the album yet, but all these reviews by these people are really discouraging me. I'm scared to hear it now tbh.

Dylangaga

I haven't even heard the album yet, but all these reviews by these people are really discouraging me. I'm scared to hear it now tbh.

these reviewers dont know ****...we'll revive you when youre done listening to the album

OysterBaby

Anyone find BTW more artistic? More concrete concept that is clearly conveyed. It was a well done collage, and my favorite part is that it did not worry about the mainstream too much. It did not let that get in the way of what the album could be. That is what I think went wrong with ARTPOP.

Now, I like ARTPOP. I just think Gaga took a step backwards. Should have been released the other way around.

if you let others opinions **** up music for you, that says something about your mind and thought process :wtf:

its like letting chart positions and sales mess up NEW music from your fave after 2 years.. who honestly cares about the reviews. gaga clearly doesn't so why should we? have we not heard the applause lyrics?

TheOriginalOne

these reviewers dont know ****...we'll revive you when youre done listening to the album

It's not just the reviews online. It's here on GGD too. I've seen so many post expressing how they dislike many of the songs and how the album doesn't live up to the expectations. I hope it's as amazing as I thought of was going to be :ohno:

TheOriginalOne

if you let others opinions **** up music for you, that says something about your mind and thought process :wtf:

its like letting chart positions and sales mess up NEW music from your fave after 2 years.. who honestly cares about the reviews. gaga clearly doesn't so why should we? have we not heard the applause lyrics?

But I haven't heard the album yet. I've been going simply by what people are saying. All I'll have to form a thought about ARTPOP are others opinions until I hear it for myself.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived