đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MARYJANE'S Ratchet ARTPOP Review

MOLLY CYRUS

Featured Posts

MOLLY CYRUS

A TRUE STAN REVIEW TBH ~~~~ 

I know you don't care about my opinions but it'll be interesting to see what we agree and disagree on :classy:

1. AURA - tbh when I DL'd the album, I just skipped this. I'm not too pleased with the new verse. Not only that, but I was obsessed with this song before Applause even came out so this seems a little dated to me at this point. I also don't see this song becoming a single at any point this era. This will be amazing on tour though. 7/10

2. VENUS - this song grew on me. And now it's easily one of the BEST songs on the album. It has so much power and her vocals slay lives. It's also amazing to know that this was produced by Gaga. She is proving that she can probably produce an entire album by herself. 8.5/10

3. GUY - A M A Z I N G. When it starts off it reminds me of something Britney wish she could have in her discography. It's literally pop perfection. It's playful, the lyrics are fun and I think radio will eat this up. I don't have much to say because it's such a bop. 9/10

4. SEXXX DREAMS - I've loved this since iTunes festival. I don't agree with some of the vocal add-ons in the song and I think it sounded perfect the way it was when she sang it live BUT it's still an amazing song and if I had never heard this song until the leak, I would be in LOVE. It's also a great single choice IMO 9/10

5. JEWELS & DRUGS - This reminds me of FAMEGA. I love her voice in her verse, it brings me back to the days when kanye west remixed her "pokerface" and when she collaborated with wale on "Chillin". But damn, where's the iTunes festival DJWS drop 7/10

6. MANiCURE - FUN. She sounds cute and the song is perfect, another song that's been loved since the festival and I love what she's done on the studio version. A solid bop 8/10

7. DWUW - After hearing the album in full, I'm actually glad this was chosen as the second single. Another amazing vocal performance by the kwen. 8.5/10

8. ARTPOP - This song is OKAY for me, I kind of have to be in the mood for it. I wasn't too happy with it when she performed it at the festival, and I like the album version a bit better tbh. I don't picture this to be a single but it's a nice filler for the album. 7/10

9. SWINE - The beat on this is infectious. It's a perfect dance song. I've overplayed this a lot like Aura and some of the other festival songs so I don't have much else to say about this bop. 8/10

10. DONATELLA - YA$$$$$ YAAAA$$$$$. SLAY. If this doesn't become and decides to pull a Scheisse, I'm gonna drown myself. It's just such a banger, it's catchy and it's so badass. Easily my favorite track. 10/10

11. FASHION! - This beat to this is so s-xy. And Gaga sounds lovely. It kind of reminds me of the pharell/daft punk kind of thing going on. Not a single IMO, and it's not as big of a stand out as I had hoped it would be. 7/10

12. MJH - I'm in love with this track. Her vocals slay careers and the chorus is catchy AF. Another bop and I hope this would be on radio but I don't really picture it as a single unfortunately. But another album gem 9/10

13. DOPE - I'll review this when I have the patience to sit through a ballad. 

14. GYPSY - :cry: Beautiful and an obvious single choice. Gaga kills it and it's a great way to end the album before Applause. 8.5/10

15. APPLAUSE - 8/10

ALBUM GRADE: 9/10

JusticeforVenus

I only listened to 7/15.... saving the best for 11 CANT WAIT FOR DONATELLA EVERYBODY LOVES IT

monstronic

Thanks! I agree with a lot of this, but I'd add a point to each song :-)

And yes, ARTPOP the song is an album track. It's there to give us the feeling, not to be a single.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived