💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Hunger Games

ll7lax

Featured Posts

ryhanna

I heard they wante Zac Efron to play him but if they do that means Annyoing screaming Fangirls in the Thearte and I dislike that a lot :crossed:

Oh no! I like Zac, but he is NOT Finnick.

i'll finish the last book soon (today hopefully)

reading that alot of people hated it, makes me scared tbh :(

It's not a bad book by any means, I just feel that it was rushed. Like the author had a deadline to meet so she's just like "AND THEN THIS HAPPENED AND THEN THAT BUT IT'S NOT REALLY SIGNIFICANT AND THEN THIS CHARACTERS DIES BUT NO ONE REALLY CARES EVEN THOUGH IT SHOULD PROBABLY BE REALLY EMOTIONAL THE END BYE."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChasingTheGhost

• MattyMonster

• KingAlanI

• Parka

Ceremonials

It's not a bad book by any means, I just feel that it was rushed. Like the author had a deadline to meet so she's just like "AND THEN THIS HAPPENED AND THEN THAT BUT IT'S NOT REALLY SIGNIFICANT AND THEN THIS CHARACTERS DIES BUT NO ONE REALLY CARES EVEN THOUGH IT SHOULD PROBABLY BE REALLY EMOTIONAL THE END BYE."

I didn't think it was that bad lol.

I do see what you're saying though

ryhanna

I didn't think it was that bad lol.

I do see what you're saying though

Okay, I exaggerated a little bit There were times when I had no clue what was happening though. :ohno:

yeah i know what you guys mean, i have only a bit left, and there is a lot of confusion, at points i have absolutely no idea whats going on.

and

rn i am mourning prim

:ohno:

Ceremonials

Okay, I exaggerated a little bit There were times when I had no clue what was happening though. :ohno:

Yah haha I get you.

rn i am mourning prim

:ohno:

I was too for the longest time :sad:

I was like why? Why Suzanne why?

I was too for the longest time :sad:

I was like why? Why Suzanne why?

i had to put the book down. i can't read rn. everytime a character i love dies i have to mourn amd then i can't read until i feel better about it.

oh god why :(

Ceremonials

i had to put the book down. i can't read rn. everytime a character i love dies i have to mourn amd then i can't read until i feel better about it.

oh god why :(

I was also a wreck when...

Finnick died :sad: I was like noooooooooooo not Finnick

I was also a wreck when...

Finnick died :sad: I was like noooooooooooo not Finnick

yes that was so sad aswell.

but what makes me mad is that it's just so meh. i mean he just died, nothing major happened and he doesn't even get mentioned afterwards. poor annie :(

Ceremonials

yes that was so sad aswell.

but what makes me mad is that it's just so meh. i mean he just died, nothing major happened and he doesn't even get mentioned afterwards. poor annie :(

Yah I know :/

I was thrown off by that and the fact that katniss' mom and gale just up and leave her. It's not the way I pictured it happening, but I did love the fact that katniss and peeta end up together.

Edited by Ceremonials

Yah I know :/

I was thrown off by that and the fact that katniss' mom and gale just up and leave her. It's not the way I pictured it happening, but I did love the fact that katniss and peeta end up together.

oh god you just spoiled the ending for me, i wasn't done with the book yet :(

ryhanna

Am I the only one who didn't really care about Prim? I was shocked, but she always seemed like such a minor character to me that I didn't really care too much. I'm a horrible person. :sad:

erfaan

Do any of you find a lot of people hate on the third book? I think it's the second best right after Catching Fire!

KingAlanI

will reiterate some things I said about Mockingjay before:

(spoiler alerts)

I found the life of District 13 somewhat offputting - a harsh necessity, Coin's manipulations at work, or both?

I was confused by the later action scenes, but I thought that was somewhat appropriate to the chaos.

not a pretty ending, but that's more realistic, especially considering the hell they've all been through.

I was angry when Prim died (and surprised when Katniss killed Coin with the arrow meant for Snow)

I was sad when Finnick died. I started to like him in Catching Fire, but started to like him a lot more throughout Mockingjay. I was amused when Finnick spilled the secrets he obtained while being pimped out by Snow. I loved the Finnick-Annie wedding scene.

Katniss ended up with Peeta. I was surprised, but I understand why. The book specifically says she wanted Peeta's calm personality instead of Gale's fiery one. She thought the act might be for real, and the act caused Gale to grow more distant. President Coin causes Prim's death via a weapon Gale may have created; that can't help. Katniss and Peeta _would_ "grow closer together" with their common experiences. They have 3 kids. I'm not surprised that she eventually was willing to have kids once the world changed for the better.

KingAlanI

A lot of the series characters seemed beyond their years. This may seem unrealistic but:

a lot of young adult novels do this to their protagonists

it's part of making the characters something to look up to. Writing in general seems to do this. Maybe that's the point, to illustrate those ideals. The characters were still quite relateable

forcing them to grow up too soon is part of the setting

talking to someone else who had recently seen and liked the movie:

She thought Peeta was a bit of a jerk. I thought hiding his crush was shyness, and it was the Capitol's fault that Katniss was forced to pretend to reciprocate.

She saw Gale as the nice one. Yes but I was thinking of the angry side to Gale's personality.