💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP : My opinion, track-by-track review

junglejim4322

Featured Posts

junglejim4322

Ladies and gentlemen, as you might know, ARTPOP has leaked today. I decided to listen to it anyway as I already pre-ordered a physical copy + digital copy on iTunes. Here is my honest thought on it, going track by track with a rate on 10.

Here it goes...

Aura : A very fun, crazy opening. The vocals are the same as the one you've heard in the Machete Kills lyric video. I'm getting used to the verses and I really like the song overall. The production is amazing and her powerful vocals in the chorus is simply flawless. 8.5/10

Venus : Simply psychotic. The fact Gaga produced me amazes me even more. The vocals are amazing, the chorus is mindblowing! I thought the verses sounded messy at first but it's quite a grower and I like it a lot. 8/10

G.U.Y : The intro with the talking + the beat getting louder in the background is just amazing. I love the vocals but I thought there would be something bigger after the "I wanna be that guy (G.U.Y)" kind of like how there was something after "I live for the applause-plause" but it's still very amazing and Zedd's production doesn't disappoint. 8.5/10

Sexxx Dreams : I loved the live version and I love the studio version as well! The beat goes hard and there are new/different parts in this version. There's a little bit of altering and effect in her voice, which I thought was not necessary but it doesn't make the song bad! Catchy chorus!! 8.5/10

Jewels & Drugs : DJWS' production is amazing even though I missed his mixing part like he did in the live version. Everyone's vocals is amazing and it's a grower for me! 7/10

MANiCURE : The same as the live version with some new lyrics. Very catchy and some altering + effect in her voice, kinda like in Sexxx Dreams. It's not my favorite but it's still a very good pop song. The breakdown at the end is amazing!! 8/10

Do What U Want : I wasn't excited for this track at all at first but I love it now. It gets better with every listen, the production + vocals slay. It's one of my favorite on the album and I'm happy it is a single! 9/10

ARTPOP : I love how this song divides the album in two. The production is just flawless and with headphones : eargasm. I find it very hypnotic and catchy. It's got this kind of chill vibe, I don't know how to describe it. One of my favorite! (P.S : The hee hee's are there!) 9/10

Swine : I like this so much. The live version slayed me and the album version does the same. Again, it got this kind of altering effect to her voice and that disappointed me in this song because I liked the raspiness of her voice at the Swinefest. I also miss the squealing a lot, which only added to song and I feel like the production overshadows her vocals a little. Still a very good song, fun to dance to + definitely a party hit! 8.5/10

Donatella : The opening is so clever. "I'm so fab, check out : I'm blonde. I'm skinny. I'm rich. And I'm a little bit of a b---h" I feel like this song will be talked about in the media as some of the lyrics are quite something but I know that it is very ironic. Gaga did something clever here and I love it a lot. The Zedd production slays and the vocals too. One of my favorite. 9/10

Fashion! : This will.i.am production is not your typical song by him, as you could think. It's got a disco feel. It's a grower for me. Quite catchy. I think the part where will.i.am is talking (yes, there's one) wasn't necessary. 7.5/10

Mary Jane Holland : Oh my god. This is probably my favorite. It's fun, it's loud, it's catchy. The Madeon production is slaying and this song needs to be listened to with headphones. It's INCREDIBLE. The lyrics are amazing as well and Gaga's vocals as well. 9.5/10

Dope : I don't know how I feel about this one yet. I'm not sure about the lyrics... The vocals are great though. To be honest, it feels out of place in the album. 7/10

Gypsy : I couldn't wait to hear this one after hearing the live version. Sorry for the comparaison, but this is the Edge of Glory of the album and I can see why people would like it as a single. It's faster than the live version and the beat is simple but very amazing. It's a catchy song and I think it's a perfect power ballad. 8.5/10

Applause : The lead single of ARTPOP. I think it was the perfect choice for a 1rst single, really. It's not the weakest song on the album, it isn't the strongest either but it's a very Gaga song. Catchy and fun. I won't get tired of hearing this. 9/10

So yeah, that's it. The album as a whole is amazing. Only time will tell if it's one of Gaga's best album but I feel like this is a true masterpiece and she indeed took a lot of time to work on this and it shows. It's clearly one of the best, if not the best, pop album of the year so far.

Feel free to comment and give your own opinions  :)

junglejim4322

Nice review but what is your overall score? :party:

I think giving it 8.5 or a 9 out of 10 would be pretty fair.  :party:

I think a good majority of us can, at the bare minimum, say all the songs are good.  Yes, some songs are clearly better than others, but there are no dogs among the pack.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived