Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Fan's Reviews

XicaChan

Featured Posts

I think a fan review is WAAAAYYY more important than a critic's review, anyways, this is my personal review of the album(WARNING: WALL OF TEXT).

Have in mind that I’m just a 22-year-old college student with no music expertise whatsoever. I’m just a fan of Lady Gaga, like many of you, so as a college student I have to write a paper about this. :legend:

1. Aura: This song to me is about how she’s trying to kill fame, and the whole Hollywood theme. It starts out the album perfectly of what the album is about. It’s like the intro to an essay.

2.Venus: **** just got real with this song. Since Gaga is such an advocate of love, I think she set out to write a song exclusively about said love. I can’t believe how much I’m into this song.

3.G.U.Y: I love how perfectly she starts this track with mentions of gods, perfectly making sense why it’s next in the album. An obviously catchy song that should be the next single.

4.Sexxx Dreams: This song I feel like it’s about unconquered love, and fits perfectly after her last two songs.

5.Jewels N' Drugs: This track was like spicy sauce after sugary songs. It’s like taking a breath after so many pop-electro songs. Which is something smart since it’s horrible when a fan starts to get tired of an album.

6. MANiCURE: Well NOPE!! HEREâ€S MORE SUGARY SPRINKLES FOR YOU. We get the most popish, Queen-love-fest song in the album. I had to literary stand up and wildly dance to this song. Such a feel good song!

7.DWYW: I think this song was placed in the middle of the album just to remind the critics what she really cares about when making music. So they can have her ass because she’s having fun doing music for us.

8.ARTPOP: Such a beautiful song that depicts what this album is about. It’s like the climax for this album. It can take any shape, to the listener, it can mean ANYTHING to anyone. “My ARTPOP could mean anything†is such an important thing to keep in mind when listening to this album

9.Swine: Who doesn’t like swine? Seriously, it’s such a badass song that made me move ways I shouldn’t be moving in my age...the best part is the ending when she’s singing like a pig. (Porky Pig from the Looney Tunes anyone?) 

10.Donatella: I wish I was Donatella so I could put this in every runaway show I have. It’s a good song, but not my favorite because...I’m not Donatella.

11.Fashion! The piano intro is so beautiful. When I listened to this I pictured myself buying clothes...if I had a store I would play this song all day long, and watch sales go up because you can’t help, but to buy stuff.

12.MJH: When I finished listening to this album, the first song that was STUCK on my head was this song. Like I said earlier, ARTPOP, could mean anything. And for me this song hits a personal spot that has nothing to do with weed or d--gs.

13.Dope: Funny how this song is after MJH. In MJH it’s so fun, and the good side of d--gs, while Dope is the consequences of addictions. This ballad is powerful as all Gaga’s ballads. I got teary-eyed when I listened to this because again I was able to related to something personal. Also, I could hear the anguish in her voice, and it’s so sad, poor Gaga.

14.Gypsy: I love how this song starts slow because it’s after a ballad, then OH YOU THOUGHT WE WERE DONE DANCING? AHAHAHA NO, STAND BACK UP AGAIN, AND DANCE. I love it. Such a perfect song. Love the Dorothy metaphor.  Broke my heart when she said “Someday in Jakarta.â€

15.Applause: Applause is the conclusion of an amazing album. It’s about lady gaga saying, “Look here was my album, and I hoped you loved it as much as I love an applause.†Perfect way to the end the show.

My overall reaction to this album is that it’s such an amazing, feel good, and organized album. I don’t believe in giving stars and grades to album reviews, it’s either you love it or you don’t. I LOVE IT.

Also,  unlike TF, TFM, and BTW, ARTPOP is so much organized, and clearly diverse when it comes to her vocals. My problem with other artists is that I can never finish listening to the whole album without getting annoyed, tired with their voice. It’s like having too much candy.

With Lady Gaga, however, she perfectly was able to grasp that knowledge, and I think is the reason why she singing so differently in each song. It’s perfection musically, and I must applause her for making me love music again. Thank you for any of you that read this.

I encourage any of you to write your own review because at the end of the day, it’s OUR opinion that matters the most because we’re the ones who support her. Have fun!

“I guess some of us just like to read.†:pawsup:

I think a fan review is WAAAAYYY more important than a critic's review, anyways, this is my personal review of the album(WARNING: WALL OF TEXT).

Have in mind that I’m just a 22-year-old college student with no music expertise whatsoever. I’m just a fan of Lady Gaga, like many of you, so as a college student I have to write a paper about this. :legend:

1. Aura: This song to me is about how she’s trying to kill fame, and the whole Hollywood theme. It starts out the album perfectly of what the album is about. It’s like the intro to an essay.

2.Venus: **** just got real with this song. Since Gaga is such an advocate of love, I think she set out to write a song exclusively about said love. I can’t believe how much I’m into this song.

3.G.U.Y: I love how perfectly she starts this track with mentions of gods, perfectly making sense why it’s next in the album. An obviously catchy song that should be the next single.

4.Sexxx Dreams: This song I feel like it’s about unconquered love, and fits perfectly after her last two songs.

5.Jewels N' Drugs: This track was like spicy sauce after sugary songs. It’s like taking a breath after so many pop-electro songs. Which is something smart since it’s horrible when a fan starts to get tired of an album.

6. MANiCURE: Well NOPE!! HEREâ€S MORE SUGARY SPRINKLES FOR YOU. We get the most popish, Queen-love-fest song in the album. I had to literary stand up and wildly dance to this song. Such a feel good song!

7.DWYW: I think this song was placed in the middle of the album just to remind the critics what she really cares about when making music. So they can have her ass because she’s having fun doing music for us.

8.ARTPOP: Such a beautiful song that depicts what this album is about. It’s like the climax for this album. It can take any shape, to the listener, it can mean ANYTHING to anyone. “My ARTPOP could mean anything†is such an important thing to keep in mind when listening to this album

9.Swine: Who doesn’t like swine? Seriously, it’s such a badass song that made me move ways I shouldn’t be moving in my age...the best part is the ending when she’s singing like a pig. (Porky Pig from the Looney Tunes anyone?) 

10.Donatella: I wish I was Donatella so I could put this in every runaway show I have. It’s a good song, but not my favorite because...I’m not Donatella.

11.Fashion! The piano intro is so beautiful. When I listened to this I pictured myself buying clothes...if I had a store I would play this song all day long, and watch sales go up because you can’t help, but to buy stuff.

12.MJH: When I finished listening to this album, the first song that was STUCK on my head was this song. Like I said earlier, ARTPOP, could mean anything. And for me this song hits a personal spot that has nothing to do with weed or d--gs.

13.Dope: Funny how this song is after MJH. In MJH it’s so fun, and the good side of d--gs, while Dope is the consequences of addictions. This ballad is powerful as all Gaga’s ballads. I got teary-eyed when I listened to this because again I was able to related to something personal. Also, I could hear the anguish in her voice, and it’s so sad, poor Gaga.

14.Gypsy: I love how this song starts slow because it’s after a ballad, then OH YOU THOUGHT WE WERE DONE DANCING? AHAHAHA NO, STAND BACK UP AGAIN, AND DANCE. I love it. Such a perfect song. Love the Dorothy metaphor.  Broke my heart when she said “Someday in Jakarta.â€

15.Applause: Applause is the conclusion of an amazing album. It’s about lady gaga saying, “Look here was my album, and I hoped you loved it as much as I love an applause.†Perfect way to the end the show.

My overall reaction to this album is that it’s such an amazing, feel good, and organized album. I don’t believe in giving stars and grades to album reviews, it’s either you love it or you don’t. I LOVE IT.

Also,  unlike TF, TFM, and BTW, ARTPOP is so much organized, and clearly diverse when it comes to her vocals. My problem with other artists is that I can never finish listening to the whole album without getting annoyed, tired with their voice. It’s like having too much candy. With Lady Gaga, however, she perfectly was able to grasp that knowledge, and I think is the reason why she singing so differently. It’s perfection musically, and I must applause her for making me love music again. Thank you for any of you that read this.

I encourage any of you to write your own review because at the end of the day, it’s OUR opinion that matters the most because we’re the ones who support her. Have fun!

“I guess some of us just like to read.â€

Best review ive seen on here :)

YASSSS :lmao:

Well I feel almost anxious to say this here, but I don't really like ARTPOP.
And I will explain why.

The beats, they all sound the same and not really creative. There all heavy and repetitive. Her previous work had a lot more creative beats, like paparazzi, pokerface, just dance, badromance, all very different beatwhise. And I dont mean that I want another bad romande/pokerface and so on" I just want to point out that they all have really different beats and are (at the time of realese) refreshing. While the beats on ARTPOP all sound the same.
Its like besides not making new creative beats they even use the same drum riffs and sounds on each song.

The songwriting, feels on most songs "weird" to me, I miss the strong hooks, the memorable hooks and vocal melody's. I do think she did this on purpose, but I don't like it, it makes the songs sound less pop.. And I like pop. (And no, less pop doesn't equal more art).

Vocals. Sometimes good, but a lot of times I feel like she's trying to many different "accents".
Like putting another sound on top of her voice, it sounds forced to me, like trying to sound like another person. While her real vocal sound is just fine, is actually very nice.

Well, I do like, Aura, Sex Dreams, Venus, MANiCURE, ARTPOP. But I think I can't stand listening to his songs for weeks on, like her previous ones. Some of them are already tiring me.
I'm still exited about how some songs will sound live. For some reason, I actually prefer here live performances anyways, on top of the studio recordings.
Sorry for the rant, hope I can still comeback here ;).

:hug: Thank you guys

Well I feel almost anxious to say this here, but I don't really like ARTPOP.
And I will explain why.

The beats, they all sound the same and not really creative. There all heavy and repetitive. Her previous work had a lot more creative beats, like paparazzi, pokerface, just dance, badromance, all very different beatwhise. And I dont mean that I want another bad romande/pokerface and so on" I just want to point out that they all have really different beats and are (at the time of realese) refreshing. While the beats on ARTPOP all sound the same.
Its like besides not making new creative beats they even use the same drum riffs and sounds on each song.

The songwriting, feels on most songs "weird" to me, I miss the strong hooks, the memorable hooks and vocal melody's. I do think she did this on purpose, but I don't like it, it makes the songs sound less pop.. And I like pop. (And no, less pop doesn't equal more art).

Vocals. Sometimes good, but a lot of times I feel like she's trying to many different "accents".
Like putting another sound on top of her voice, it sounds forced to me, like trying to sound like another person. While her real vocal sound is just fine, is actually very nice.

Well, I do like, Aura, Sex Dreams, Venus, MANiCURE, ARTPOP. But I think I can't stand listening to his songs for weeks on, like her previous ones. Some of them are already tiring me.
I'm still exited about how some songs will sound live. For some reason, I actually prefer here live performances anyways, on top of the studio recordings.
Sorry for the rant, hope I can still comeback here ;).

Thank you for posting your review, it's important to get some sort of feedback, and unfortunately I need to prepare myself mentally to read some reviews.  :excited2:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived