💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Artpop, my thoughts and review.

zexion_armando

Featured Posts

zexion_armando

Its been a long few years, with a bunch of highs and lows (most of you will say lows for me)

***This is gonna be a long read, so I hope you are here for the long haul, if not, just read my individual song reviews and comment on that. But the preamble of my review will be a nice read, if you are curious.

I know a lot of you think I am this horrible hateful troll... I am only one of those things, lol.

Anyway, from the beginning, I know this album would be about over the top, to the point of grating, but I know her music would save whatever she says or does, which it has always done.

I am a fan of Lady Gaga, the singer, not a major supporter of Lady Gaga, the artist. But that stems from my disdain/uncaring opinion of art. So while I am overly negative about what she says and what she does, I am fairly positive of her music and production.

She has a tendency of going balls deep on things, to the point of it becoming painful. Some productions in the album (the production, or overworking), some of the looks, the cover (the text, for example). Could have been perfect with a lighter hand, but like some people will argue, its her work to present (Its also her work for me to judge). I find a simple work is better and speaks on a higher level than a loud overdone work,.

But I know, in the end, I can only really stan for Gaga, cause musically, she will never truly misstep for me. Other pop divas can't compete with her on this level with me, so it makes it difficult to move on (I tried, trust me,

(Tegan and Sara had me for a sec, but their songs were too break up romance for me, lol. La Roux was a one hit wonder but were okay, Carly Rae tried her best, but she needs better producers lol, Ke$ha's label hates her and I feel bad for her. And it just goes downhill from there)

So I finish this to say, I hope this was a little enlightening about my mental trainwreck, lol. If you have any questions or comments, please don't be afraid to spit it out.

Now the important portion

_____

1. Aura- 4/10  Ruined, I know some here will argue that the demo is bad and liking it should be bad, but its not. The demo really showed the experimentation this song does, and its softened and feels like its lost its claws. The instrumental is flawless, and improved, but is it worth it at the cost of the flawless vocals? The screaming really felt intense and passionate. This sounds like... a boring s-xy secretary? lol

2. Venus- 9/10 One of the best songs on this album, and in her discography in general. If only the chorus could perfectly edited how I want, it would be way nicer, but as it stands in the album, really flawless and I love it. Perfectly encapsulates how I wanted ARTPOP to sound really, lol. Too bad about the movement killing part of the chorus, lol.

3. G.U.Y.- 6/10 I am not sure how I feel about this song. Portions are great, some are really bad (the spelling gets really grating if you ask me), but that intro is hysterical, and the breakdown (I'm in Love with You, portion especially) is perfection, but other parts really make this song difficult to put up with. Don't hate, don't love, but I like it. 

4. Sexxx Dreams- 8/10 Another great song, but weirdly, the Swine Fest version is superior. The Chorus is overstuffed now, which I just... dislike. I don't mind it, but it just needed a lighter hand. But as it is, I enjoy it and will listen to it a lot.

5. Jewels N Drugs- Ha, No.

6. MANiCURE- 4/10 I don't like this song, plain and simple. The chorus just... bores me, and I have to skip this song. The verses are nice, and I like the general sound. But damn, that chorus just irritates me. Like, had it been different lyrics, it would have been less unbearable. As it stands, will never listen to it again after this album listen.

7. Do What U Want- 7/10 Really grew on me, and I really enjoy the RnB feel of this song. R Kelly was actually a good addition to this song, so I take back all I ever said about this song. The prechorus, the breakdown are amazing, and I will enjoy this song for a while.

8. ARTPOP- 7/10 Other than my issue with chorus (I feel its lazy to say "My ARTPOP could mean anything"), I think this song is good, and enjoyable. The breakdown is the best part, and the hee hee gives me life. Not really much else to say. Also, the ending is amazing.

9. Swine- 9/10 The Scheisse of the album, from when it was revealed, lives up to the name. Its really good, and really enjoyable. I do miss the squeals, but its not a deal breaker. I still hate that nasty robot munchkin at the end, and feel it ruins the ending, which could have been used for another chorus or another breakdown, lol. Otherwise, tied with Venus for being the 2nd most amazing song on this album.

10. Donatella- 8/10 I really like this song, its catchy, its fun, its a little obnoxious, but in a comedic way. Really not much else to say about it, other than its a real keeper.

11. Fashion!- 2/10 Shocker, Will I Am ruined this song, as anticipated. Werk Bitch also was ruined for the same reasons: Repetitious to the point of ripping my ears out. She should never work with him again, and this track deserves to be sent to hell.

12. Mary Jane Holland- 6/10 Now, I hate the topic, everyone knows this. But its a little better (Not as good as Stache, in terms of a similar song). The production isn't overdone this time, but its just... so loud. Improve the vocals please, and it becomes better. The breakdown really saves the song though.

13. Dope- 3/10 I like her ballads, but this song... Ugh. The lyrics kill me. For ballads, its inferior to the next song, and it just fails to be a valid song after I Wanna Be With You was so good and emotional. But hearing I love you more than Dope just makes me roll my eyes. I love you more than heroin. I love you more than Cocaine. Not really romantic to me. So I just tune this song out

14. Gypsy- 10/10 This is her best ballad ever made, and I love it. It has such a nice feeling, and so enjoyable. I wanna spin around with my boyfriend, telling him about these lyrics, dancing and smiling and saying some of the silly things. Also love the ending, reminds me Shakira (Who should collab with this, tbh). Plus the Scheisse reference gives me life, lol. Really,

15. Applause-7/10 Really, nothing else to say, but I thank this song for being a great intro to the album (Well, Aura was, but still.)

I hope you enjoyed it, and I appreciate any conversations on this.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zexion_armando

Get out. It slays.

lol If you read that all in this span of time, I suggest trying to comprehend it next.

But lol, not getting out. Nice try though.

GreenEyes

Not to be rude, but was this thread necessary? I don't think everyone needs to make a thread on their review. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived