💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Venus Reviews

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

Ok, so here are the Venus Reviews so far. And at this point, hey have been mixed.

Slantmagazine:

"Though "Do What U Want" has already tumbled from its digital sales perch, it will probably make a better single than "Venus," which finds the singer affecting both the Bowie-esque accent of the underwhelming "Applause" and the more guttural, Xtina-style belting of "Do What U Want." Silly, seemingly nonsensical lyrics like "Aphrodite lady seashell bikini garden panty" recall Gaga's early hits, but the idiotic "Uranus!/Don't you know my ass is famous?" is no "I'm bluffin' with my muffin." "Venus" is a solar system away from smashes like the hook-laden "Telephone" and the epic "Bad Romance"; at best, it's sorta fun, tongue-in-cheek album filler"

Popcrush:

"Gaga and her producers make effective use of all the tools available to them, as the song is supremely synthed out.The track has more in common with ‘The Fame’ than with ‘Born This Way,’ which most of the ‘ARTPOP’ songs we’ve heard so far do, and it’s more straightforwardly, dancefloor Gaga, with her typical sonic drama and lyrical enunciation. It’s sweat-soaked and explosive, and by no means is she taking a step back by incorporating a sound more familiar to an earlier album. It’s “vintage†Gaga, if you will."

Popjustice:

"It's worrying, almost heartbreaking really, that this piss-poor, messy descent into self-parody was ever in the running for the second single from 'ARTPOP'.

There are a fair number of decent bits, but there are toe-curling moments too. Gaga should understand better than most - she certainly used to - that pop is all about the full package, and the full, finished song just doesn't work. Most problematically, this song simply isn't finished. The production is incredibly basic, the lyrics feel like a first draft, and the middle eight is a disaster.

If this had surfaced as an unreleased demo from the 'The Fame' sessions it might have held some value as a curiosity. As a proposed single in 2013, it's tragic."

The Sonic Reverie:

"And crackers is exactly what makes 'Venus' the inimitable triumph that it is. If you're looking at the song with a potential-number-one-single mindset, walk away. This isn't an easy one to digest. It does have a euphoric hands-in-the-air chorus but it surrounds it with some 80's, almost Bowie-esque verses that drop out to almost silence whilst the Lady herself declares, in a variety of voices, 'Venus'.When I say it's difficult to take in - I comment on behalf of the masses. The Gaga fans are just about coming to expect this level of peculiarity from her and welcome it with open arms. The radio doesn't play this stuff though. Not yet. It's why Lady Gaga is such a treat to follow - she brings out music that you can't quite comprehend, then makes it into the next big thing. Mark my words, though, 'don't you know my ass is famous' is set to become a defining, iconic lyric of hers if this single takes off.
'Venus' is like nothing you've heard"

Mstarz.com:

"Unlike "Applause" and "Do What U Want," the new track "Venues" seems to better reflect the forward thinking oeuvre of ARTPOP that many Little Monsters and critics expected. Sounding more similar to "Aura" -- which made its debut in a lyric video/trailer for the Robert Rodriguez film Machete Kills -- "Venus" blends together bizarrely fascinating electronic elements, layered Gaga vocals and a fair amount of talk-singing with a sassy attitude.

Lyrically, "Venus" blends together otherworldly influences with classic Greek mythology about the goddess Venus, whom Gaga emulated during her 2013 MTV VMAs performance. At one wonderful point, Gaga begins dissing other planets, giving the world this sure-to-be classic line: "Uranus? Don't you know my ass is famous?"

Under The Gun Review:

“Venus,†dropped today and available for purchase once the clock hits 12:01, is not the behemoth that “Do What U Want†is. It’s not even a monster, really. It’s wonky space nonsense (not an insult) that takes a full, stiff minute to limber up and have a little more fun. It stops and starts, shining most when the beat is busiest and Gaga is demanding you take her to your leader.

It might actually not be weird enough, regardless of the thin, alien imagery lyrics. It could use more moments like the late shriek of “Don’t you know my ass is famous?†A lot more or a lot less of everything. Blow it out or reel it in.

Perhaps my vision is still a little clouded by the dust cloud still in the air after the “Do What U Want†meteor. It’s still better than much of Prism"

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PoshLife

Popjustice's review is harsh but I'd say it's the most accurate in terms of the actual SONG. In terms of the concept, Sonic Reverie's review is spot-on.

"It's worrying, almost heartbreaking really, that this piss-poor, messy descent into self-parody was ever in the running for the second single from 'ARTPOP'. :eww:

How dare they day this about my baby, :grr: drag them into the streets :king:

Gaga, Ke$ha, and Ava

fkc everybody except for the last one :laughga:

they can keep praising ms perry for all i care.

CRASHING THE CRITICS SAYING IS IT RIGHT OR IS IT WRONG SINCE AUG 12 2013 

â¤

Robotboy

venus should have been a lead single no matter what some floppy "critics" thinks. but im fine with getting the video and it being the last single at this point.

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

"It's worrying, almost heartbreaking really, that this piss-poor, messy descent into self-parody was ever in the running for the second single from 'ARTPOP'.

tumblr_mvcc11cvsm1rwg8h9o1_250.gif

What people are missing is how stylistically unique and important this song is. The song transports me to 70s/early 80s space rock/disco down to its core. Not just in the Space as a theme and spacey synths and alien voices, but the melodies sound straight from that era. Not to mention this is the kind of Bowie/glam rock-esque song Gaga was born to make. You can just tell how this is truly the kind of music she wants and loves to make. It's richly inspired while being unique and if people are going to throw negativity/overlook its greatness then whatever. They can pass on an epic song and I will enjoy popping my *** to it like a space hippie till the end of days.

TraeumereiLPB

The Goddess of Love remains unbothered :whitney: I will dance to Venus for eternity :legend:

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

It’s still better than much of Prism"

:fan: SO TRUE!

Roar > Birthday > Dark Horse and the rest.. just forget about them ._.

Prism has some 'ok' and half 'filler' songs  :wtf:

DWUW > Prism

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived