💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Venus" #1 in 55 countries (iTunes)

Wendell

Featured Posts

Americano

Sure, if ARTPOP is to start high then hit the ground. Starting out with such high numbers means less chance for longevity which will be the thing to make it a success. Imo she should have had a promo single out each day in the week leading up to ARTPOP. That way there's still a few surprises left but no single confusion or ovrrsaturation.

A promo single every day would be absolute chaos on the iTunes charts. The point of promo singles is to have months-long buzz that helps pre-orders over the span of weeks, not to wreack havoc and have the entire industry hating you for cockblocking other hits.. lol.

Fans are looking at this in a one dimensional way in terms of single "eras." When you're this close to an album release, it's not about clean cut single eras, it's about appealing to as many people as you can with as much material as you can.

She can focus on the second single after the album drops. Until then, there's really no rush to simplify what people can purchase from her.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A promo single every day would be absolute chaos on the iTunes charts. The point of promo singles is to have months-long buzz that helps pre-orders over the span of weeks, not to wreack havoc and have the entire industry hating you for cockblocking other hits.. lol.

Fans are looking at this in a one dimensional way in terms of single "eras." When you're this close to an album release, it's not about clean cut single eras, it's about appealing to as many people as you can with as much material as you can.

She can focus on the second single after the album drops. Until then, there's really no rush to simplify what people can purchase from her.

Totally agree you guys should listen he knows what he's talking about :tea:

No it didn't she was 19 before 2 . It is still 2 and prob. not going to hit 1

Thank you. She's holding on to that #2 spot, which is still pretty awesome, being how crazy the song is.

OMG, the "Uranus-my ass is famous" part is my favorite! :D

Venus would've flopped in the US

The song is a mess and I'm sure it wouldn't go #1

I'm sorry but the song is not good and it's my least favorite song from gaga ever

Teal Ambition

It's about to rocket to #1 or #2 tho so idk how that's ouch worthy

Well when I checked it was #30, I wouldn't lie.

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Am I the only one that is still unable to download Venus?? I pre-ordered the album and live CST in the US, yet it still isn't giving me the option to download it :( I wonder how many people this is happening to and if it's affecting sales much

I was having that issue. However, it downloaded just a couple hours ago for me. iTunes rly needs to fix their preorder system, it's messed up.

Mister G

Godly words as always :legend:

Aga Gydal

So weird seeing people say they don't like this. It's the only song since Bad Romance that can actually stand side-by-side with Bad Romance and Poker Face in terms of quality and resonance. It's a roller coaster ride of hooks.

This is pretty much the kind of music/style I expected to hear on ARTPOP. Just totally unhinged and hilarious. NEPTUNE GO

wecouldbeARTPOP

I hope that you realise now: the preorders weren't the only fact that made DWUW a big success. :coffee:

now everyone is going to be quiet on that comment :classy:

I agree with you though

NewYorkCity

Venus would've flopped in the US

The song is a mess and I'm sure it wouldn't go #1

I'm sorry but the song is not good and it's my least favorite song from gaga ever

the US is not the only place in the world. 

Archived