💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

UK Chart Exclusion Explanation

meow

Featured Posts

So I don't want to create another breakdown thread, but I have some valuable details on the reasoning behind this. After contacting about this issue I was given this information:

"Only one Instant Grat track from an album will be eligible for the singles chart during the pre-order period. Any subsequent Instant Grat tracks from the same album will be excluded."

Changing Instant Grat tracks to secondary single releases are forbidden once the Grat track is released to consumers. I understand the same rule may apply to some other countries."

So the 2nd single, Venus, should have been sold as an official single release. Since DWUW was rush changed to the 2nd single after release, but it was originally a 'Grat track', the Official Single Charts have said this is a breach of the rules.

DWUW will become chart eligible once the current chosen promotional period ends and the full album is released on 11 November. This has happened with artists before apparently, no solution was given for them, so all hope is lost for the UK and any other affected countries with this rule.

:sara:

Note: If Venus is released as a promo track in a few days, it won't chart either. Since that will be a 3rd Grat track and not an official single.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically, polydor/gaga need to realise this before Sunday and change Venus to the official single in the Uk at least?

So basically, polydor/gaga need to realise this before Sunday and change Venus to the official single in the Uk at least?

Basically, yes. But I dunno how they will realise it. I mean, I hope they know what they've done.  :ohno:

cant they just release venus as a normal single without the preorder effect?

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Venus needs to continue as it is in europe, but be realised separate to the album version

problem solved... Venus is a single in the UK, but a promo single in the US.

GagaMyBlood95

The only solution now is - that she releases Venus as a separate single in the UK and just let DWUW to be a promo single....

GagaMyBlood95

cant they just release venus as a normal single without the preorder effect?

yeah, they can if they want to...

Archived