Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Ellie Goulding

Wunderful

Featured Posts

JbGaga

Ya but im not going to buy it unless she does what gaga did and makes a stand alone E.P

I just read that Ellie wrote the song with Ryan Tedder, so if they wrote it for Leona's Glassheart album originally that means Ryan probably produced it since he produced the song Glassheart (also an EDM track). Sorry if y'all already know this though

I agree that Halcyon is a perfect album, but I'm always here for a rerelease

Redstreak

I'm so here for this. This is now my most anticipated along with ARTPOP and BWET.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Redstreak

And I'm loving that cover if real. :saira:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Highway Capricorn

Ellie is trying to turn The Fame/Fame Monster inside out by starting it darker and ending lighter

so I really like Burn and everyone knows I really don't care for her so that's pretty monumental

Have you listened to Halcyon? I didn't really care for her until recently, but she has very good songs on it, even though I skipped half of the regular edition. The deluxe tracks are really good too.

Ellie is a hit or miss for me. I like Burn, and I hope the rest of the re-release will contain mostly by songs I could like.

Edit: I also have to say I have something for Ellie because she's really beautiful and sweet. Plus all her covers are amazing.

Edited by Nastix

U-GO-BOY

I am so confused. I want You, My Everything so badly! I will PISSED if it's not on Halcyon Days and it's an album only track for skins

I was disappointed when I heard that Bittersweet wasn't on Halcyon.. it fits perfectly on Halcyon

Have you listened to Halcyon? I didn't really care for her until recently, but she has very good songs on it, even though I skipped half of the regular edition. The deluxe tracks are really good too.

Ellie is a hit or miss for me. I like Burn, and I hope the rest of the re-release will contain mostly by songs I could like.

Edit: I also have to say I have something for Ellie because she's really beautiful and sweet. Plus all her covers are amazing.

I did the week it was released (despite disliking Anything Can Happen because the production was grating), and I really didn't care for it. 

I did like Lights (the album) and rerelease, but after disliking Halcyon and all of her live performances I basically wrote her off

Paper Planes

d61m.png

This picture slays :legend: I would be really happy if this was the cover :)

^ well it's a soundtrack only song so prepare for disappointment

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Especially with the description of the video saying that it was lifted from Halcyon Days.

delete it fat

I did the week it was released (despite disliking Anything Can Happen because the production was grating), and I really didn't care for it. 

I did like Lights (the album) and rerelease, but after disliking Halcyon and all of her live performances I basically wrote her off

Anything Could Happen was horrible indeed, but I actually like some tracks of Halcyon, but some of them were really dull or just annoying. Never was bothered to listen to Lights even though I like the title track and her Your Song cover, so I may give it a try.

JudasInTheDark

I would totally be great with that cover if its real :legend:

Hypocrateen

Sorry, I'm posting like crazy today, but lots of new info :shrug:

New Article:

“Halcyon Days†is the upcoming re-issue album by English singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding‘s second studio album “Halcyon†(2012). The album is scheduled for release on digital retailers on August 23 via Universal Music / Polydor. It comes preceded by the lead single “Burn“, that was premiered on July 4 and it will be released on iTunes on August 18.  The album has 9 unreleased tracks including “Tessellate“, released in early June and the track “Stay Awake†included as a bonus track on the TESCO edition of the original version of the album.

Furthermore, the new unreleased song “You My Everything†will be included on the upcoming soundtrack of the television series “Skins“, to be released in August.

Tracklist:

1. “Don’t Say a Wordâ€

2. “My Bloodâ€

3. “Anything Could Happenâ€

4. “Only Youâ€

5. “Halcyonâ€

6. “Figure 8″

7. “Joyâ€

8. “Hanging Onâ€

9. “Explosionsâ€

10. “I Know You Careâ€

11. “Atlantisâ€

12. “Dead in the Waterâ€

13. “I Need Your Love†(Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding)

14. “Burnâ€

15. “Goodness Graciousâ€

16. “Hearts on Chains†(feat. Nate Ruess of FUN.)

17. “Stay Awake†(Ellie Goulding & Madeon)

18. “Got It Under Controlâ€

19. “Flashlight†(Ellie Goulding and DJ Fresh)

20. “How Long Will I Love Youâ€

21. “Tessellateâ€

22. “Midas Touch†(Ellie Goulding x BURNS)

Yeah I love those titles but where is you, my everything? If that song is not on the re-release

And people better stan for that slayage that Stay Awake is.

However, I like 'You, My Everything' more than Burn because it shows off Ellie's writing skills and it does sound more personal to her. But I don't mind Burn either, it's just that it is waay more commercial than her usual songs.

Edited by hypocrateen

Paper Planes

Anything Could Happen was horrible indeed, but I actually like some tracks of Halcyon, but some of them were really dull or just annoying. Never was bothered to listen to Lights even though I like the title track and her Your Song cover, so I may give it a try.

You really should look into Lights. It's an amazing album :legend: I actually used to like it more than Halcyon, but Halcyon really grew on me over the past couple of months.

delete it fat

JudasInTheDark

Opinions:

Halcyon > Lights/Bright Lights

Burn > You, My Everything

Best on Bright Lights: Wish I Stayed, Lights, This Love (Will Be Your Downfall), I'll Hold My Breath, Starry Eyed

Best on Halcyon: My Blood, Stay Awake, Figure 8, Dead In The Water, Explosions, Hanging On

Worst on Bright Lights: Under The Sheets, Salt Skin, The End

Worst on Halcyon: Hanging On (feat. Tinie Tempah), In My City, Without Your Love

Klou

Wish I Stayed is awesome :legend: So lame it wasn't on the US version... My favorite song on Bright Lights after Lights.

ShuichiAmy

Sorry, I'm posting like crazy today, but lots of new info :shrug:

New Article:

“Halcyon Days†is the upcoming re-issue album by English singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding‘s second studio album “Halcyon†(2012). The album is scheduled for release on digital retailers on August 23 via Universal Music / Polydor. It comes preceded by the lead single “Burn“, that was premiered on July 4 and it will be released on iTunes on August 18.  The album has 9 unreleased tracks including “Tessellate“, released in early June and the track “Stay Awake†included as a bonus track on the TESCO edition of the original version of the album.

Furthermore, the new unreleased song “You My Everything†will be included on the upcoming soundtrack of the television series “Skins“, to be released in August.

Tracklist:

1. “Don’t Say a Wordâ€

2. “My Bloodâ€

3. “Anything Could Happenâ€

4. “Only Youâ€

5. “Halcyonâ€

6. “Figure 8″

7. “Joyâ€

8. “Hanging Onâ€

9. “Explosionsâ€

10. “I Know You Careâ€

11. “Atlantisâ€

12. “Dead in the Waterâ€

13. “I Need Your Love†(Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding)

14. “Burnâ€

15. “Goodness Graciousâ€

16. “Hearts on Chains†(feat. Nate Ruess of FUN.)

17. “Stay Awake†(Ellie Goulding & Madeon)

18. “Got It Under Controlâ€

19. “Flashlight†(Ellie Goulding and DJ Fresh)

20. “How Long Will I Love Youâ€

21. “Tessellateâ€

22. “Midas Touch†(Ellie Goulding x BURNS)

I have mixed feelings about this...

Of course I'm terribly glad we're able to listen to new stuff, I'm ecstatic...

But a re-release? So soon...? I feel as if a re.release nowadays is over-used, as an excuse for selling an album that didn't do really well...

I mean, it's so sad the oldest songs on the album Halcyon are not getting a proper and interesant single release...

But oh, well, I can't wait to hear the new stuff!!!

Thanks a lot Klou! Where did you get this info????