💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Ellie Goulding

Wunderful

Featured Posts

Anyone know what Ellie's setlist is for her on tour with Bruno?

I wish I knew... All I know is I'm bailing after Ellie is done!

I wish I knew... All I know is I'm bailing after Ellie is done!

:tea: The only reason I bought tickets. I can't seem to find her setlist anywhere.

I found this description of Ellie's voice from Neil McComick at The Daily Telegraph:

"Her tremulous vibrato and slightly hoarse timbre have the feel of something primal and folky, her birdlike high notes conveying a childlike wonder while darker tones imply ancient depths of sorrow. She sings like she is strung out on the melody, warbling from a place of desperate emotion. It really is that rarest and perhaps most accidental of gifts: an original voice".

:flutter:

SoldierDown

I found this description of Ellie's voice from Neil McComick at The Daily Telegraph:

"Her tremulous vibrato and slightly hoarse timbre have the feel of something primal and folky, her birdlike high notes conveying a childlike wonder while darker tones imply ancient depths of sorrow. She sings like she is strung out on the melody, warbling from a place of desperate emotion. It really is that rarest and perhaps most accidental of gifts: an original voice".

:flutter:

:legend: Such a good description.

Also - side note - does anyone know why Ellie isn't with Interscope in the US anymore? I thought it was all going pretty well out there, but I've read they've parted ways on here a few times now.

:legend: Such a good description.

Also - side note - does anyone know why Ellie isn't with Interscope in the US anymore? I thought it was all going pretty well out there, but I've read they've parted ways on here a few times now.

I don't think anyone really knows. They parted ways when Anything Could Happen was still rising on radio. Interscope then pulled the plug on the single and there haven't been any singles since.

It just makes me wonder what will happen when she releases new material in August. Which label will back it? And will it be released at all in the US?

SoldierDown

.I don't think anyone really knows. They parted ways when Anything Could Happen was still rising on radio. Interscope then pulled the plug on the single and there haven't been any singles since.

It just makes me wonder what will happen when she releases new material in August. Which label will back it? And will it be released at all in the US?

That's so so strange considering the success of Lights and the fact that ACH was still rising!

I can't even imagine a possible reason for it. She's a pretty marketable singer, plus she's just about to go on a fairly high profile tour with Bruno Mars. Just seems like such a waste to have parted with her... So bizarre.

That's so so strange considering the success of Lights and the fact that ACH was still rising!

I can't even imagine a possible reason for it. She's a pretty marketable singer, plus she's just about to go on a fairly high profile tour with Bruno Mars. Just seems like such a waste to have parted with her... So bizarre.

Interscope does a lot of strange things :shrug: I really wish I knew the reasoning behind their business decisions. Some people act like Interscope is the best label out there, but to me they come across as cheap... They rely on the huge acts they have and put little to no effort into the smaller acts that have potential to grow.

Edited by Klou

Klou

I am so confused lol. Why isn't she saying if it's a new album or a re-release??

Edited by Klou

Could it be related to this?

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/1084987/martin-kierszenbaum-cherrytree-part-ways-with-interscope-confirmed

Edited by craig

JudasInTheDark

Could it even be possible that its neither? Like what it we're judging getting to new songs out of the blue?

Idk hopefully she clears this up very soon

I am so confused lol. Why isn't she saying if it's a new album or a re-release??