• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why the hell are people still buying roar?Ā 

it should have run its course by now.

Ā 

Children.

Ā 

And I'm not even being mean, I actually work with Preschool to 5th grade.Ā  The preschoolers/kindergartners especially love singing the Ro-ahahaoh part.

pie-kun

Oh, thanks.

Ā 

I love how open this country is. They're only few millions dollar away from the US yearly music gross income last year so I ain't gonna be surprised if they become this year's biggest music market. Music sales int the US is dropping a lot this year.

Ā 

They're not really that open to Western music, which is what makes Gaga's success over there so impressive. The vast majority of hits over there are by Japanese artists or Korean artists singing Japanese-language songs. One of the reasons people rarely talk about the Japanese market is because there's usually not a lot to talk about regarding American or European artists.

Gov Hooka

at this point i don't even care. the second single choice is making me fume. it's a ****ing promo single, of course its sales are going to explode and then fall down, yet her bat**** stupid team decided to judge a single based off of its first day sales. They probably had the right idea with Venus. Goddddd. why?

pie-kun

so is DWUW a flop and Unconditional no?

Ā 

Neither are anything yet lol, neither have even really begun their chart runs yet.

PlasticHo

Who could be buying roar. I know people who don't have internet and only hear the radio on their way to work that know roar! Surely it has been bought by the people who would spend the money. Katy or the label must be doing something shady. Lol. (I'm just being pressed)

daviddarko

Children.

Ā 

And I'm not even being mean, I actually work with Preschool to 5th grade.Ā  The preschoolers/kindergartners especially love singing the Ro-ahahaoh part.

Ā 

:lmao:Ā Ā That's explain a lot...

Arturo

so is DWUW a flop and Unconditional no?

it's way too early in their single runs to label them as a flop or not.

wait several weeks.

So what did PRISM sell?Ā 

we'll find out on Tuesday

projections are 275k-300k

Jesse Pinkman

OMG Prism and BTW are so similar! Hugely successful first single, underwhelming 2nd single, crazy promo, promo singles that slay. Except BTW did 1mil its first week, but you all know that story..

It's science, bitch

daviddarko

Neither are anything yet lol, neither have even really begun their chart runs yet.

Ā 

because you act like it is a tragedy

heavymlover

Can't Interscope just upload a new audio video with a different picture? Without radio, promo or streaming DWUW will disappear soonĀ  :fat:Ā Ā 

Gov Hooka

They're not really that open to Western music, which is what makes Gaga's success over there so impressive. The vast majority of hits over there are by Japanese artists or Korean artists singing Japanese-language songs. One of the reasons people rarely talk about the Japanese market is because there's usually not a lot to talk about regarding American or European artists.

Another market that Gaga really needs to tap into is the Indian music market. She could be really huge there, if she tried and kept up with promo. She tried a little bit with Born this way with a few BTW remixes and MTN remixes, but never really followed through. Her music would, IMO, be really well received there. Her image, not so sure, if she tones it down.

Archived