Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

Can someone tell my why DWUW is like #5 on iTunes?? Doesnt look good..

because it hasn't taken off on radio or has a music vid or any promo so no one knows about it therefore no one is buying it.

And when I say no one, I'm not really exaggerating. At the rate it's dropping it's close to selling nothing.

Gagaloo911

Can someone tell my why DWUW is like #5 on iTunes?? Doesnt look good..

ummm cause it has no radio support yet and the only streaming it can get is through an age-restricted audio clip

Where have you been? :awkney:

Btw, look guys

iqehp2.png

:ghostney:

pie-kun

Do you know if there are other international artists who can sell 750K copies of album there aside from Gaga?

Gaga was the only Western artist to do that in 2011 (or even come close), I don't know about other years. I know one of Avril's albums a while back did it, but that was while she was still somewhat relevent in the rest of the world, she didn't do it with Goodbye Lullaby lol.

But yeah, all she needs to do is set foot in Japan to cause her sales to skyrocket over there. They go crazy for her.

Arturo

Basically DWUW is dropping hard for the same reason that Unconditionally is starting to drop

Not enough exposure
Roar and Applause are still kind of big

MarcsARTPOP

because it hasn't taken off on radio or has a music vid or any promo so no one knows about it therefore no one is buying it.

And when I say no one, I'm not really exaggerating. At the rate it's dropping it's close to selling nothing.

ummm cause it has no radio support yet and the only streaming it can get is through an age-restricted audio clip

Where have you been? :awkney:

Btw, look guys

iqehp2.png

:ghostney:

Any chance it can go back up now that most radios get the song today?

Arturo

definitely not today

it's going to take several weeks

Gagaloo911

It isn't being sent to radio until the 29th or the 5th of next month.... no one is sure which date is factual :awkney:

MarcsARTPOP

It isn't being sent to radio until the 29th or the 5th of next month.... no one is sure which date is factual :awkney:

Oh mannnn.. But confident it can go back up?

Tommymonster44

i really do want katy to release dark horse, it's a given. They should do what Gaga just did. I'm totally here for another standoff/war.

They need to release a ballad, though.  Her team knows very well that right now Katy is still the Teenage Dream pop girl.  That is why her album sales are still low and why she still doesn't have long term potential.

She needs to release a ballad for single #2 while she has the success of Roar by her side.  The important thing is that she can't box herself in this era.  She's still known for her 2010 Dr. Luke sound and needs a single to ditch it.

That's not to say her fun pop songs can't be later singles.  But it would be foolish to not use her current momentum to invest in her future with a riskier single choice.  She needs this second single to stray from her norm to show she can make different kinds of music.

Gov Hooka

damn that late? it's only going to keep plummeting, this is why these rush releases are terrible. If you're going to do it, then atleast have a plan that doesn't doom the single and atleast care when youtube blocks the video.

Dangerous Man

Gaga was the only Western artist to do that in 2011 (or even come close), I don't know about other years. I know one of Avril's albums a while back did it, but that was while she was still somewhat relevent in the rest of the world, she didn't do it with Goodbye Lullaby lol.

But yeah, all she needs to do is set foot in Japan to cause her sales to skyrocket over there. They go crazy for her.

Oh, thanks.

I love how open this country is. They're only few millions dollar away from the US yearly music gross income last year, so I ain't gonna be surprised if they become this year's biggest music market. Music sales in the US is dropping a lot this year.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Archived