💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Cher: Lady Gaga is not the new Madonna

Vernier

Featured Posts

Vernier

Cher spilling the boiling hot brew of truth once again :legend:

You can’t be the young anybody else. That’s why Gaga is Gaga and Madonna is Madonna. All these people are themselves. You can’t be the young anybody… There is no young me. If you get to be that, if you get to a certain level, you have to be the young you … Until I’m dead. Maybe when I’m dead, someone will go, ‘Oh that’s the young Cher.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a524199/cher-lady-gaga-is-herself-not-a-young-madonna.html

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

:clap: :clap:

I was worried Cher was going to be insulting Gaga but she's very right. 
Every artist is influenced by another but, unless they're complete rip offs, in which they won't get positive recognition at all, then they are to be seen as their own image. I find myself comparing artists a lot, like calling Gaga "a new Bowie" or "a radio Björk", but Cher's right. 

I was worried Cher was going to be insulting Gaga but she's very right. 

Cher insult Gaga? Never in a million years. Cher's just nice to everybody...except Madge :laughga: And even then she's only teasing.

PoshLife

Just like how nobody is the "female ____" or the "white/black ____" or any of that nonsense. Be who you are and be proud of your own achievements in THEIR own right!

:party:

Cher insult Gaga? Never in a million years. Cher's just nice to everybody...except Madge :laughga: And even then she's only teasing.

I know. I just fear the worst either way haha.

I one hundred percent agree, Lady Gaga is NO Madonna. :yes:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Haroon

Thank goodness someone speaks out about it and manages to reject the "new Madonna" thing but without any possible misconceptions of insulting anyone (if that makes sense?)

We love you Cher :sara::pawsup:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived