💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Do What U Want" release discussion thread - ON SALE NOW!

Americano

Featured Posts

Mister G

It's really sad. I'm genuinely gutted about this collaboration. Ever since 'Just Dance' Gaga's music has always felt like a safe space for me. A place to escape to even where I've felt there's nowhere else to go - I can just turn it on and feel safe. ARTPOP can't be that for me any more.

You can't let the perception of others cloud your judgment. Just because she has one song on there with R. Kelly regardless of what he did or didn't do, doesn't mean that ARTPOP can't be a safe haven for you. Look at Rihanna, a lot of people went bats*** crazy because she was beat by Chris Brown, got back with him and had a collaboration with him on her last album. I mean realistically, who are we to judge people based on their actions. I'm not defending R. Kelly's actions at all, but I don't think it's fair to say that ARTPOP can't be a safe place for you anymore simply because of one song. That situation with R. Kelly and that underaged girl happened years ago but his fans didn't ditch him. The same thing with Britney after her multiple metldowns; the same goes for Rihanna and the Chris Brown situation, hell even Michael Jackson and that man is still bashed even in death. Besides, you could easily just the skip song.

Edited by Mister G

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dylangaga

• AgusPop

• melodichard

• Allison M

wecouldbeARTPOP

Different spellings in American and British English.

I suppose there's nothing new in people willfully ignoring PAEDOPHILIA because acknowledging it doesn't suit their own interests. Doesn't make it any less deplorable though.

You guys do realize that a pedophile refers to someone who is s-xually attracted to CHILDREN...i.e. child-like, undeveloped, prepubescent bodies.

Actual age has little to do with it, in R.Kelly's case. That act does not classify him as a pedophile...

JakeIscariot

Downloaded the 24 second clip and was singing it on the bus today and someone poked my shoulder and asked if I was singing DO WHAT U WANT  *swoons*

only in chicago...

also--- It's going to be weird having the full version of the song without the interuption of the men discussing dr. dres beats at best buy Lol

Queen Gloria

*Checks the thread*

*Still b---hing about R, Kelly*

*Checks back out*

I'm not here for the social justice victim party. What happened happened and Lady Gaga chose to work with R. Kelly based on his talent, not his past mistakes. 

Dylangaga

*Checks the thread*

*Still b---hing about R, Kelly*

*Checks back out*

I'm not here for the social justice victim party. What happened happened and Lady Gaga chose to work with R. Kelly based on his talent, not his past mistakes. 

this..plus this SONG SNIPPET IS ALREADY SLAYING THE GP, AND OVERSHADOWING PRISM

DWYW is truly amazing from that snippet,happy fan here.  I think its gonna be a huge radio hit for her and another top 10 in the US  :cool:

BranBranoohlala

It's just nice to hear that the production is simplified and not super-duper overproduced. BTW was great, but it was sonically very dense. Applause retained some density, but I'm happy to hear that G.U.Y. and DWUW are scaled back a little bit more and let her vocals (whether singing or "retweeting") shine. I'm super stoked to hear the rest of this album after this snippet.