• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MonsterOfSpain

• Unicorn De Milo

• Ricochetmatt

• Sleepy

djBuffoon

I guess my main issue is that, aside from the lack of pizzazz in the new verses, the sound quality is worrisome. She sounds very tinny and the Auto Tune isn't handled well at all. :confused:

Like many here I don't like the video lyric version much, in particular the first verse, but I'm really not worried and looking forward to the album version.

Here's why. At the iTunes Festival she (apparently) sung the intro and verses live, and her delivery was very close to the "demo" (BTW we don't know anything confirming that it was indeed a demo and not just a low quality copy of the final track). Especially the intonations and "screaming" on the first verse were just like in the demo - I love the "protection" and "bedroom…" parts.

Gaga was in complete control of her show at the iTunes Festival to introduce her new songs to us. Why would she sing Aura live like a version of the song that would be discarded for the album, when so many other aspects of the song are identical? It's true that she had said that the songs would be done differently for this show, but I think this is more to do with the production of the music, stripping away some parts. There was not much stripped away on Aura live!

Why then is the video lyric version different? Perhaps she doesn't have full control over how the Machete Kills version turns out. Clearly bits had to be chopped off to make it shorter, and she might have been asked by the people making and producing the film to change some aspects of it, such as the screaming style of the vocals. Or maybe she deliberately made it different for use in the film, given it has all those extra sounds and dialogue from Machete that really distract from the song and annoy fans. After all it is more the case that Machete is taking advantage of Gaga and Aura for its promotion than the other way round. It's not surprising then that Gaga didn't talk about it and there was no promotion from her camp.

I think there's no reason to worry for the moment and we should just wait patiently for the album. Not much longer to wait now. In the meantime I'm listening to the official remastered version of Aura from the iTunes Festival video replay which is fantastic. It's got all the attitude of the "demo" with much sharper sound and instrumentals. My bet is on the album version being like this. If not, we can always lobby Gaga to release an alternative version through the app.

Edited by speechless

Amen Fashion

What the **** did she do to this. I loved that Nina Hagen vibe during them verses, like it was full of energy. It sounds like she is bored and too lazy to sing.  :noparty:

Edited by Amen Fashion

MonsterOfSpain

Well, the verses are so weak... I loved the demo version, it was so powerful and agressive, but now it's so lazy and boring. Also the last line on the first verse, "the size of him's more than enough  :noparty: " while in the demo "the size of him's more than enoooooougggh ":gaga:"

But anyway, I still like it a lot.

when the demo came out i loved the verses  so... :nails:

Same here... I thought they were perfect from the start. The new vocals are not doing a thing for me.

I also didn't download the demo and only listened to it, like, 10 times because I didn't want to spoil it lmao. A lot of good that did me.

Didymus

The funny thing is that you're equating two groups that were already divided from the start.

The people who hated the verses are happy now, the people who loved the verses are disappointed.

It's really not that difficult to understand

When the demo came out:
"Omg! The chorus is everything, but those damn verses. Wtf Gaaaags. It sounds so bad...."

When the actual song comes out:
"Omg! The verses were everything, but she changed them. Wtf Gaaaags. It sounds so bad..."

People have no idea what they want...

MonsterOfSpain

Gurl where is the iTunes version. I wanna buy it already and I'm getting pressed like a panini :flop:

Panini... mmm  :shocked:

:hehe:

I don't think it's being put on iTunes tbh.

MonsterOfSpain

The funny thing is that you're equating two groups that were already divided from the start.

The people who hated the verses are happy now, the people who loved the verses are disappointed.

It's really not that difficult to understand

This :clap: :clap: tell 'em.

In love with the new verses!!! I wonder if theyll stay like that for the official song.

But that's the official song already...