:

:

:

ARTPOP Cover (REVEALED) Discussion

Spyro

Featured Posts

Zilla

Now looking at it it's not that bad. I wish she was in front of a hand painted background or something to match

𝙸'πš– 𝚊 πš“πš˜πš›πšπšœ πšŠπš—πš πš“πšŽπš•πš•πš’ πšœπš‘πš˜πšŽπšœ πš”πš’πš—πš 𝚘𝚏 πšπš’πš›πš•.

There's a couple things about it that reminds me of the "Love. Angel. Music. Baby." cover, and I mean that in a VERY VERY GOOD WAY. I think it's a fantastic album cover.

DeleteMyAccount

There's a couple things about it that reminds me of the "Love. Angel. Music. Baby." cover, and I mean that in a VERY VERY GOOD WAY. I think it's a fantastic album cover.

Really? It reminds me of "Pink Friday". Β Don't hate me people. Β I love the cover!

Really? It reminds me of "Pink Friday". Β Don't hate me people. Β I love the cover!

Β 

Yeah totally! I think it might be the pose of the Koons sculpture with all of the mayham going on... either way, I think it's great. I can understand the "Pink Friday" reference as well though

SummerGirl21

Anyone else getting a Gwen vibe? Β This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Β 

I love Gwen and I do think Gaga is inspired by Gwen. Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

49feed185d2c04224c0bee44f375d752.jpg

Β Gwen-Stefani-The-Sweet-Escape.jpg

gaga-artpop-cover.jpg

Edited by SummerGirl21

Jenniferella

I'm so relieved !!! I LOVE IT !!! I REPEAT : I LOVE THE NEW ALBUM COVER !!!
Β 
Everything works well I believe, the thing I love the most is the font she distorted, a copy/paste to make something different, just like what the album seems to sound like + her art direction too. This cover feels so fresh and new, this is what I needed from her. I wasn't a fan of the idea when the fans talked about when she showed them the cover (the "birth" thing), I was afraid it would look too...vulgar. But it's classy in her way. The statue is amazing, and OMG the hair looks so good !Β 
Β 
I tried something else, more simple (and quick of course), here it is :
Β 
tumblr_mubbm4ARf21rcjcxwo1_1280.jpg

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

BornSimon

I love it! The only thing that bothers me a little is the ARTPOP font, and the fact that it kinda looks like they didn't know where to place it. :P But it's a great, impactful cover and it's got everyone talking!

Has anyone noticed the white star in the top right hand corner of the cover? I wonder what it meansΒ  :eek:

Solitaire

I agree too. She has her hits and miss too. She seem to be trying to please everyone but also wants to taunt everyone with her work which ends up being neither here nor there. The promo shots for ARTPOP were so damn amazing, the elle photoshoot yes. but she's trying to make the venus thing happen so she crams it into the album cover and i dont even know how that idea for a font would even come about.Β 

Β 

and with applause it was so force i felt she was obviously trying to regain the GP w the track. But gaga naturally draws attention if she just puts out her intended stuff. Too much planning do actually hurt her. TFM was the album that was completed the quickest and look how well that fared. i def feel she has good raw ideas. but when she starts to plaster everything on that idea, it crumbles into an overload.

Β 

I still am excited for the music because that has always been great. But she is def falling into a trap she created herself that is overthinking stuff, overplanning stuff and cluttering too much ideas thinking it would be great. sometimes, really less is more and that was the initial plan you can see w her promo pics and her ways with marina. somehow venus got involved and she got messy again. and the haus is just a mess, they really do need to learn to stop producing paint like, 5min bad photoshopped images.

Β 

Whenever Gaga started to talk about the minimalism that was such a big part of ARTPOP, I got really excited. It was around the time that Gaga was hanging out with Marina quite a bit & released that beautifully simple video of her reading the opening chapter of Solaris. The image & vibe Gaga created in those few weeks was absolutely perfect; different, shocking yet still marketable. I really got my hopes up that the "look" for ARTPOP would be somewhat like that, but I'm beginning to loose hope.

Β 

Hopefully Gaga will once again change her image to something a little more boundary pushing. It's not enough to be different & work with great artists, your work actually has to say something. I love the Koons sculpture, but the ARTPOP cover says absolutely nothing that the actual title of the album doesn't. That's why I'm disappointed in the album cover.Β 

- Previously Sycothisis

• ChicaSkas locked this topic