💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Cover (REVEALED) Discussion

Spyro

Featured Posts

EthanPamyu

Gaga should make the gazing ball on the cover reflective so when you hold the album you can see yourself.

Jigglygoth

MY BODY WASN'T READY!!!!!!!!! today it was pure Gaga slayage: "Applause" ranked #1 at one of the most popular pop stations here in Argentina (which is REALLY surprising considering she rarely tops that chart, and the songs ranking there are generally the lamest ones released, I couldn't believe Gaga was at the top on that radio), then "Born This Way" gets played in the most succesful radio show from my country, and the most amazing thing: I HEARD "BAD ROMANCE" ON A METALHEAD STATION!!!!!!! I almost cried from excitement :party: ; it's really a VERY underground radio that probably has nearly zero listeners, but it's actually my favourite radio station, and I'm telling you: they NEVER play pop songs, NEVER, they literally only air Metal tunes, and Rock tracks, they've never played mainstream pop, I couldn't believe they played Gaga!!!!! get those metalhead fans my queen! :legend: .

And then of course... THE ALBUM COVER!!!!!!!! I really don't have.much to say, it is PERFECT and even better than that. I thought that using "The Birth Of Venus" as a background image was a bad idea. I was wrong. The painting is perfectly integrated to the whole piece, the sculpture is MARVELLOUS, visually and conceptually, it's a magnificent cover... I don't know, I'm slayed, period.

HEART OF EVER-FROST

SKANK

Gaga should make the gazing ball on the cover reflective so when you hold the album you can see yourself.

I just watched an interview with Joni Mitchell who said that if you listen to music and all you see in the music is the artist and not yourself reflected in the music then your not getting anything out of it. 

I agree, that would have been awesome had she made the gazing ball out of a reflective material so people could see themselves when they looked at the cover. 

I just watched an interview with Joni Mitchell who said that if you listen to music and all you see in the music is the artist and not yourself reflected in the music then your not getting anything out of it. 

I agree, that would have been awesome had she made the gazing ball out of a reflective material so people could see themselves when they looked at the cover. 

In her vagina though

I really like the cover. When it was revealed I wasn't too sure, but I watched the live reveal at Times Square. Seeing it in better quality, the colors really mesh well together and the background and text are a mess but they are supposed to be a mess. The focal point(the statue) counter balances that with it's simplicity. The gazing ball is bleh for me personally, but it could be way worse. It almost looks like the statue is 3d.

Number Five

Did anyone notice the mouth in the bottom left hand corner? Looks liek the black and white is some sort of picture. I wonder which one it is!

It could've been better and it could've been worse. My biggest concern was the statue, and now that we got it, I think it's so beautiful and amazingly stunning. Love the bangs, very The Fameish.

The background and the font, on the other hand, are tacky in my opinion. There's too much going on.

Sister

I don't like this cover. I don't hate it, but I think it's too safe a card for Gaga to be playing.

I do like the colours in it.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Jigglygoth

Did anyone notice the mouth in the bottom left hand corner? Looks liek the black and white is some sort of picture. I wonder which one it is!

It's a sculpture of Apollo and Daphne (greek mythology, just like Aphrodite/Venus), a user here posted the pic used for the black & white parts in this thread already ;)

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Guest Niolodi

I actually like the font and busy background. It puts a spin on what would alone be a rather classic statue. The spread legs pose comes off as a kind of hip hop look with the busy background. Fitting for Jewels N' Drugs

And I LOVE how someone is holding a mirror in the koons sphere reflection. So we can see the statue. Very classic art technique to have reality be in the artwork.

Edited by Niolodi

Xd4356u.jpg

• ChicaSkas locked this topic