Sharon Osborne Calls Out Gaga [The Sun]

jaspermatt

Featured Posts

jaspermatt

I just thought I'd type up the article so that people don't have to pay for The Sun (and for everyone outside the UK) 

C9qhi0X.jpg4E2vile.jpg

Mum in a rage after star’s fans abuse Kelly

By Ben Jackson

FURIOUS Sharon Osbourne has branded Lady Gaga a bully who tormented her daughter Kelly.

The X Factor judge told for the first time the full extent of her bitter row with Gaga, 27.

Sharon, 60, claims the singer “stood by†as her fans called for Kelly, 28, to be “rapedâ€.

When Sharon Osbourne’s daughter Kelly criticised Lady Gaga’s appearance, questioning if she might be pregnant, it lead to a tsunami of vile attacks – and even death threats – from the US singer’s outraged fans.

Here, in the latest devastating extract from her new book Unbreakable, Sharon, 60, re-publishes the explosive letter she sent to Gaga, calling her a “publicity-seeing hypocrite†for not stopping the abuse. Revealing the truth behind the row, she replied: “Gaga may have been bullied at school, but she was also a rich kid that got everything she wanted. She should know better.â€

“At the 2012 Grammy Awards, Lady Gaga wore a bizarre dominatrix outfit that caused quite a stir.

It had a mesh veil that covered her face and a long flap that covered her stomach area.

Her breasts seemed larger than usual, and my daughter Kelly, who is a fashion correspondent for a US show called Fashion Police, speculated that she might be pregnant.

If, like Lady Gaga, you have a fondness for wacky outfits, then it’s fairly likely you’re going to attract attention. Some might say you’re actively seeking attention.

But that off-the-cuff comment unleashed a torrent of abuse against Kelly on Twitter from Gaga’s fans – or “little monsters†– as Gaga calls them. Some of it was really nasty stuff, saying Kelly should be raped or MURDERED.

Obviously, she was disturbed by this – and their threatening messages continued to come. As I know Gaga’s manager, I asked if she could post something on her website to tell her fans to lighten up.

Gaga’s the self-proclaimed poster child for anti-bullying.

She and I actually met at an event and had a great day together. As I’d also met her a couple of times with Elton John. I didn’t think there would be a problem.

Her manager said, ‘I’m on it’, but I didn’t hear from him again and nothing appeared on her website.

The comments got worse, to the point where Kelly called me in tears: “Mummy, it’s never-ending.â€

In May 2013, Kelly did an interview in which she mentioned that Gaga’s fans were some of the worst for bullying her and that the star was a hypocrite for not stopping it. I emailed the manager. I sent a link to a fan blog that suggested Kelly “kill herselfâ€, and reminded him that Gaga campaigned against bullying. “One tweet from Gaga can change this situation,†I said.

Within an hour Gaga posted a reply to Kelly on her website, signed by her and her mother Cynthia as co-founders of the anti-bullying Born This Way Foundation.

It was a pompous statement about promoting positivity, criticising Kelly for “choosing a less compassionate path†in her job on Fashion Police, and saying that she, Gaga, was a “woman that cares deeply for humanityâ€.

However, it seems that her humanity doesn’t appear to extend to telling her fans to back off from bullying a young woman.

She could easily have done that, but instead she said that, while she actively discourages the fans from negativity and violence in general, she can’t control them.

I’m afraid that, as the reply was from her mother too, I saw read and thought: “The gloves are off. If your mother’s in, I am too.â€

She should have known better.

She may have been bullied at school, but she was also the little rich kid that got everything she ****ing wanted. She should know better. So I responded in an open letter – and went to town on her.

Ms Gaga,

Your open letter is hypocritical and full of contradictions. You are nothing more than a publicity-seeking hypocrite. I am calling you a bully because you have 32million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticising Kelly in your open letter. Are you so desperate that you needed to make this public?

A word from you would stop all the vile threats. Sincerely,

Sharon Osbourne

As far as I am concerned, everything that Gaga is trying to stop, ie, bullying, she’s perpetuating by not telling her fans to do the same. That’s the responsibility.

If you’re an artist, and your followers are threatening other people, you can’t give them free rein. That’s insane, especially when kids are mowing down their classmates.

By not repudiating her fans’ bullying, she was condoning it. That’s why I called her a hypocrite.

I was also disappointed because I had always been a huge fan. I have been to three of her shows and she’s undeniably a very talented woman. But you can’t bang on about being anti-bullying and then refuse to tell your fans to stop haranguing  other young women with nasty threats.

On Gaga’s latest tour there would be a bus at each venue and she put therapists in there for kids who were bullied.

I felt it was just a publicity stunt. Perhaps the next time she has one of these mobile counselling stations she should go in and ask for the therapist for advice on setting good examples for her fans.â€

The article ends with Sharon plugging her autobiography.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TSUNAMI

This cannot be good.

The Sun

+

Sharon Osebourne

=

Bull****

And you can't call out GaGa for somebody that part of this fanbase did. It's like people blaming you for Ozzy's d--g abuse or Kellys fashion before she got so "it" :flop:

GaGa is not our mother and we think with our head. If I'm in US I would sue her for hurting my feelings.

tumblr_m8ffh1deD11raa31eo1_400.gif

Please don't get this the wrong way but I don't know why Gags didn't tweet something. I mean, the tweets Kelly got were just awful, seriously. 

"How can I protect something so perfect without evil?"

Wet Fire

Does she seriously think the fans were 'seriously' wanting to kill her beloveddaughter? It was just a joke. When you have that much twitter fans you can't control all of them, Gaga is a human after all.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived