💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

US Charts Discussion - TRACK 'DO WHAT U WANT' HERE!

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gov Hooka

why there are a lot of meltdown suddenly? :ghostney:

it's part of the bipolarity of this thread. take it with a grain of salt, participate, and move on, i guess lol.

Whatever, she had 2 smash hits to make up for it :emma:

Exactly. Similar to TTT, Rihanna has a #1 lead single and another top five hit for Unapologetic. Not to mention, Stay is a 3 million-seller. Regardless if WN stays in oblivion, Unapologetic will be remembered for its two hits. And besides, lead singles are her strongest selling points, not the 5th/era-closing ones.  

MANiCURE1295

Exactly. Similar to TTT, Rihanna has a #1 lead single and another top five hit for Unapologetic. Not to mention, Stay is a 3 million-seller. Regardless if WN stays in oblivion, Unapologetic will be remembered for its two hits. And besides, lead singles are her strongest selling points, not the 5th/era-closing ones.  

Loud was as good as it gets for Rihanna. She was huge then. Now...not so much. For some reason Rihanna is never the "it girl" imo. No matter whoelse releases a song I feel like she's always just there. Ya know? 

It just moved up to #4

Lol by the end of next year maybe

At least 2 million by the end of this year isn't impossible. It could even reach a million in 3 weeks time, or better yet in two weeks time - depending on the first week sales. 

Tommymonster44

it's part of the bipolarity of this thread. take it with a grain of salt, participate, and move on, i guess lol.

Seriously.  Except in extreme cases (48 hours after a huge song debuts), there's no point constantly tracking songs on kworb.  

Oh, congratulations.  A song got a dark green update 1.7 hours ago and then stayed white .6 hours ago.  Guess what? It doesn't matter.

I check the charts once a day for radio updates and any major iTunes movements and am perfectly well informed.  The applause tracking was getting ridiculous for a while.  It stayed in the top 10 since it's release, but this thread seems to think that a single update will suggest an overall trend.

I would literally check the position of Applause on iTunes once a week and  am in perfect tune with it's chart performance.  Any more than checking it's position once a day is ridiculous. 

Loud was as good as it gets for Rihanna. She was huge then. Now...not so much. For some reason Rihanna is never the "it girl" imo. No matter whoelse releases a song I feel like she's always just there. Ya know? 

I believe Loud became a success because of the tactics her label used, at least in terms of how they handled its singles (sales discount for Only Girl to get #1, Britney remix to push S&M to #1). People start to discredit her by the end of Loud, but then she gave us WFL which eventually became her biggest hit. And being the youngest among the big three, she still has a lot more prime years under her belt for a few more #1 hits.  :shrug:  

she was the "it girl" during GGGB. 

so far she has peaked twice (GGGB and LOUD).

I still think she can peak again (not as big like she did with GGGB) but for that, she needs to handle better her next album era. Unapologetic and TTT were so messy

MANiCURE1295

I believe Loud became a success because of the tactics her label used, at least in terms of how they handled its singles (sales discount for Only Girl to get #1, Britney remix to push S&M to #1). People start to discredit her by the end of Loud, but then she gave us WFL which eventually became her biggest hit. And being the youngest among the big three, she still has a lot more prime years under her belt for a few more #1 hits.  :shrug:  

No i know she still has huge hits but I just feel like she's always "just there" like idk how to explain it hahaha. 

she was the "it girl" during GGGB. 

so far she has peaked twice (GGGB and LOUD).

I still think she can peak again (not as big like she did with GGGB) but for that, she needs to handle better her next album era. Unapologetic and TTT were so messy

Oh god, SO MESSY. I don't get how it can be that messy haha.

Tommymonster44

Let's not forget it's flawless branding and god like music videos. 

That red hair, the cover, and every photo shoot or anything to do with the album was branded perfectly.  It was, and still is, very loud and distinctive, but still hot and girly.  Three years later I can't get over how flawless she always looked and how creative and pop-like the entire era was.

The music videos were also out of this world.  I would argue that it was not only Gaga that forced superstars to up their music video quality, but that Rihanna was also on the forefront of that change.  Only Girl and What's my Name are just beautiful and amazing.  S&M was extremely creative and well thought through.  I know that Man Down and California King Bed didn't do that well, but their music videos were still pretty amazing.

I don't know but as long as a studio album produced a #1 hit, I'm perfectly fine with it. Rihanna scored at least one #1 HOT 100 hit for all of her albums, except her debut. Not bad, if you'd ask me. 

Anyway, PRISM is already #1. Expect the album tracks to fill up the singles chart soon. 

Arturo

I don't know but as long as a studio album produced a #1 hit, I'm perfectly fine with it. Rihanna scored at least one #1 HOT 100 hit for all of her albums, except her debut. Not bad, if you'd ask me. 

Anyway, PRISM is already #1. Expect the album tracks to fill up the singles chart soon. 

The ARTPOP shade :emma:

Archived