US Charts Discussion - TRACK 'DO WHAT U WANT' HERE!

Americano

Featured Posts

nick4bty

I laughed at "The album's raft of ripe-lotus ballads is larded with Alanis-ian poesy she can't pull off."

I watched the Katy Perry movie (shhh) and it's obvious that Alanis Morrissette is an artist that she looks up to so, on one hand I commend her for following the path she's always wanted to take, but on the other hand, it DOESN'T work for her.

Yeah, it's mostly evident in One of the Boys, but also on some TD stuff like Pearl and Circle the Drain and evidently a lot of Prism stuff too. It's almost as if every time she writes a song, she channels Alanis. And like you said, the blend of poetical/nonsensical lyrics and pop hooks/production that she tries to produce doesn't work at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if she goes full-fledged Alanis on us for that acoustic album she wants to put out next. Sounds like a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Critics just do not like Katy :smh:

I honestly don't think her albums deserve all those bad reviews. I mean Miley's album got better reviews than Prism and Teenage Dream? :wtf:

I love the fact that her reviews go from 100 to 83/80 to 60 :lmao:

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't think her albums deserve all those bad reviews. I mean Miley's album got better reviews than Prism and Teenage Dream? :wtf:

THIS. :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

I was thinking that out of the 3 (promo) singles we're getting, the only real single has less probability to go #1 

Competing with Venus there's 1D with huge album pre-orders, and maybe Uncon. 2nd week.

Are there some big releases coming the week Dope is out?

A Stan Was Born

Wait Entertainment Weekly gave BANGERZ a 91? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

They also trashed Do What U Want and called it "mind-melding" and were dragged by a lot of casual listeners for having horrible taste...

Entertainment Weekly is just a tragedy at this point

Gagaloo911

One of the Boys - 47

Teenage Dream - 52

PRISM - 60 (so far)

so bad compared to :

The Fame - 71

The Fame Monster - 78

Born This Way - 71

:lmao:

I can't at those ratings. She deserves them every bit. Applause for ketty purr :clap:

Arturo

Entertainment Weekly has always hated Gaga :rofl:
I'm ready for their 40/100 review for ARTPOP calling it pretentious and all :legend:

A Stan Was Born

My cousin who asked me if Lady Gaga was pregnant because they called her "mother monster" on E! two months ago was talking to me about this song unprompted like how is this song getting so much buzz... I hope it only gets bigger with each new release.

How long has 1D's album been available for preorder? If Gaga has a significant head start then that should be enough to push Venus past Story of My Life. I don't think Unconditionally is as much of a threat in the short term

Critics just do not like Katy :smh:

I think Bangerz is a hundred times the album Teenage Dream is. And about 10 tiimes the album Prism is.

Archived