US Charts Discussion - TRACK 'DO WHAT U WANT' HERE!

Americano

Featured Posts

nick4bty

I don't really think Taylor's SOUNDTRACK will harm us much.. I am more worried about Bieber and Katy...

Taylor fans are THIRSTY for new material. You'll be surprised lol

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehh, releasing on Tuesday rather than Monday could actually have a better effect if it means she'll hit #1 and get that free promo.  

True !

GagaMyBlood95

Taylor fans are THIRSTY for new material. You'll be surprised lol

yeah, they are, but it won't last for long, I'm sure in it...

TEANUS

I honestly can't see ARTPOP doing any less than 500k and PRISM doing any more than 600k. And with the right promo ARTPOP can do more than PRISM cause Gagas albums just do better than Katy's it's a fact....look at this:

Teenage Dream (August 2010) - First Week: 192k...2,743,000 Million; Born This Way (May 2011) - First Week: 1,108,000 Million...2,298,000

*California Gurls (#1) *Born This Way (#1)

*Teenage Dream (#1) *Judas (#10)

*Firework (#1) *The Edge of Glory (#3)

*E.T. (#1) *You and I (#6)

*Last Friday Night (#1) *Marry The Night (#29)

*The One That Got Away (#3)

To sum that up, TD was released 9 months before BTW but BTW has sold more overall. That's significant because TD had a longer run and FAR more successful singles. Yeah, Gaga was coming off a huge era and Katy wasn't, but that is irrelevant when you look at overall #s because that means nothing in the long run, that only effects first week sales

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Americano

who the **** cares

im so tired of this katy vs gaga crap. this isnt even the charts thread anymore, its just people fighting over prism and ARTPOP

nick4bty

yeah, they are, but it won't last for long, I'm sure in it...

I don't know how long Taylor singles last at #1, but if they resemble Bieber's releases at all, DWUW may be able to outlast the both of them. 

I honestly can't see ARTPOP doing any less than 500k and PRISM doing any more than 600k. And with the right promo ARTPOP can do more than PRISM cause Gagas albums just do better than Katy's it's a fact....look at this:

Teenage Dream (August 2010) - First Week: 192k...2,743,000 Million; Born This Way (May 2011) - First Week: 1,108,000 Million...2,298,000

To sum that up, TD was released 9 months before BTW but BTW has sold more overall. That's significant because TD had a longer run and FAR more successful singles. Yeah, Gaga was coming off a huge era and Katy wasn't, but that is irrelevant when you look at overall #s because that means nothing in the long run, that only effects first week sales

or maybe u can look It In the easy way:

BTW did 2.2M from May 2011 to December 2011 with 1 number 1 and 1 top 3 hit

TD did 2.7M From August 2010 to 2013 with a re release 6 number 1s / 8 top 3 hits

nick4bty

Gurl, you spent all that time to write this up? We already know how their singles charted, no need to remind us. lol. 

GagaMyBlood95

I'm expecting ARTPOP to enter top 20 after tonight really  :whitney:  Even top 10 doesn't sound too much...

nick4bty

Or, regarding Venus, maybe Gaga actually has the right idea by putting Venus up on iTunes Sunday night rather than 12:01 Monday. She could reach #1 before 1D and/or Bieber do. 

Archived