💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Dragon Age: Inquisition (and other BioWare games: Mass Effect, KOTOR)

Bye

Featured Posts

PicklePower

I agree, the KOTOR games are the best Star Wars games. :legend:

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KillerCupcake

Not to be a debbie downer but I'm thinking late 2016 maybe even 2017 at this stage. I think they really want to take their time with this one after the ME3 debacle. 

I will die if it's 2017. I don't think they'll make us wait THAT long. Everyone was expecting a 2015 release, so I don't think they'll go two years over that. Maybe one, but not two. 

ryhanna

I will die if it's 2017. I don't think they'll make us wait THAT long. Everyone was expecting a 2015 release, so I don't think they'll go two years over that. Maybe one, but not two. 

I honestly think they could. :shrug: It doesn't really matter what people were expecting lol, pretty much everyone will buy it no matter when it comes out. :sweat: I'd be surprised if it weren't ready before 2017, but it's always possible if they're taking their time.

You changed your username back :noparty: I love it though :legend:

KillerCupcake

I honestly think they could. :shrug: It doesn't really matter what people were expecting lol, pretty much everyone will buy it no matter when it comes out. :sweat: I'd be surprised if it weren't ready before 2017, but it's always possible if they're taking their time.

You changed your username back :noparty: I love it though :legend:

Very true, everyone will buy it aha. As disappointed as I am, perhaps it's better this way. Mass Effect 3 was rushed, and came out only two years after Mass Effect 2.  Also I remember they were working under a deadline. We all know how that game turned out.

And yes I did. :legend: I'll never stay away from Killer Cupcake too long, and with my disappointment of hearing that ME is still so far away I decided to give Jack a break lol. 

• 4 months later...
ryhanna

Dragon Age: Inquisition is so good. :giveup:

At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but it's probably maybe my favourite DA game

Dragon Age: Inquisition is so good.

At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but it's probably maybe my favourite DA game

I've only recently started playing it but I'm so lost. I usually hate open world games with hundreds of quests in my Journal :deadbanana: But I'm persevering because the game is so damn fun :giveup: I'm just past the 20 hour mark but I feel like I've only scratched the surface. I made it a point to get all the companions (Dorian is s-xy) and have reached Skyhold. Now gonna hold off from continuing the main quests and try to finish some side quests (there is so much tho :giveup: ). Are you finishing all the quests?

Corypheus is awesome, rarely does Bioware introduce the main villain early in the game and have you confront him. I liked him in DA2 and hoped he'd be in DAI.

ryhanna

I've only recently started playing it but I'm so lost. I usually hate open world games with hundreds of quests in my Journal :deadbanana: But I'm persevering because the game is so damn fun :giveup: I'm just past the 20 hour mark but I feel like I've only scratched the surface. I made it a point to get all the companions (Dorian is s-xy) and have reached Skyhold. Now gonna hold off from continuing the main quests and try to finish some side quests (there is so much tho :giveup: ). Are you finishing all the quests?

Corypheus is awesome, rarely does Bioware introduce the main villain early in the game and have you confront him. I liked him in DA2 and hoped he'd be in DAI.

I was lost in the beginning too. There's so many quests. :rip:

I'm a little bit further in than that, but I've found that you really have to do some side quests here and there. Especially things like closing the fade rifts and setting up camps, because they give you inquisition power increases that you need to take on later main quests. I've also been sending the advisors (Cullen, Leliana and Josephine) to do the war room quests. Sometimes they help, if a companion has a quest or something, those war room quests will clear them up. 

Corypheus IS awesome! You know, I'd seen some reviews and some friends say that the story in this game isn't that strong but so far I'm really liking the story. It's a bit confusing, but it's enjoyable.

I was lost in the beginning too. There's so many quests. :rip:

I'm a little bit further in than that, but I've found that you really have to do some side quests here and there. Especially things like closing the fade rifts and setting up camps, because they give you inquisition power increases that you need to take on later main quests. I've also been sending the advisors (Cullen, Leliana and Josephine) to do the war room quests. Sometimes they help, if a companion has a quest or something, those war room quests will clear them up. 

Corypheus IS awesome! You know, I'd seen some reviews and some friends say that the story in this game isn't that strong but so far I'm really liking the story. It's a bit confusing, but it's enjoyable.

I'm loving the story so far :giveup: tbh I wouldn't mind if they make the world smaller in the next game. I think Origins was the right size. Sometimes DAI is a bit too Elder Scrolls for my taste with all the quests and random monuments/towers/caves/fortresses here and there. It's a bit too MMO-ish as well. But overall I love it. I can specialize now and I'm awkneying ( :awkney: ) at the fact that I need to collect stuff first. Urgh.

The fact that I'm loving every minute goes to show how great it is despite it not being my usual kind of game. But the story and the characters are awesome as usual.

ryhanna

I'm loving the story so far :giveup: tbh I wouldn't mind if they make the world smaller in the next game. I think Origins was the right size. Sometimes DAI is a bit too Elder Scrolls for my taste with all the quests and random monuments/towers/caves/fortresses here and there. It's a bit too MMO-ish as well. But overall I love it. I can specialize now and I'm awkneying ( :awkney: ) at the fact that I need to collect stuff first. Urgh.

The fact that I'm loving every minute goes to show how great it is despite it not being my usual kind of game. But the story and the characters are awesome as usual.

I second that. I never would have played this series if it were anything else. But I tried it because someone recommended it and I loved Mass Effect for its characters and choices, and Dragon Age has a similar kind of set up. Although it's a completely different genre and took some getting used to, I'm really loving it

MikeyMoonShine

Loving DA:I, I think Game Of The Year was well deserved despite it's flaws

I agree that there are too many side quests though, I wish they had cut some of those rather than that awesome looking Crestwood quest they previewed in 2013. I like the large areas but some of the areas (like the hinterlands) didn't need to be as big as they were, like almost half if it could have been cut as well as a lot of the desert areas. 

• 2 weeks later...

Loving DA:I, I think Game Of The Year was well deserved despite it's flaws

I agree that there are too many side quests though, I wish they had cut some of those rather than that awesome looking Crestwood quest they previewed in 2013. I like the large areas but some of the areas (like the hinterlands) didn't need to be as big as they were, like almost half if it could have been cut as well as a lot of the desert areas. 

I've been busy so haven't played much. So no spoiler :) Currently in Crestwood though. Enormous game but enjoyable. GOTY was deserved :yes:

• 1 month later...

So I've finished the game some time ago. Overall I loved it but some reason the characters don't seem as familiar to me as those in the previous Dragon Age games. My main criticisms would be that with the open world aspect the main story loses importance with all those useless side quests. I get that they're optional but I loved the linearity of previous BioWare games.

Playing Inquisition and I'm not invested in the story at all tbh.

It's an amazing game but I can still understand you. And oh my god the ending was so rushed!!! And easy as hell. I won't give you spoilers, don't worry.

I'm playing Dragon Age Inquisition.

Its Amazing :legend:

It really is a great game, but it could have been so much better. I suggest BioWare should bring back the cinematic conversations which made the previous games more personal and immersive.

MikeyMoonShine

I'm not fussed about the lack of linearity, I just wish the side quests had been more interesting, more work could have gone into the main story too.  I mean the world is huge and beautifully crafted but some of the areas have very little to do in them. Plus so much work must have gone into filling the Hinterlands with useless side quests, it just seems a but like a waste.

Archived