3. Selena Gomez - Come & Get It

4. Capital Cities - Safe and Sound

5. Paramore - Still Into You

6. Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness

7. P!nk featuring Lily Allen - True Love

8. Maroon 5 - Love Somebody

9. Avicii - Wake Me Up

10. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Mary Lambert - Same Love

This is huge, because these surveys influence what songs radio programmers put in higher rotation. These surveys are taken by regular people who listen to the radio, which means that public response to "Applause" is strong. Keep requesting it on radio and make sure to join the RTM panel if you haven't already!

http://ratethemusic.com/index.cgi/rtm?email=&raterid=&chart=rtm_10

Gaga fans rigging this is gonna make it have the opposite effect. Stations arent stupid.

Anyone who listens to radio is allowed to take the surveys. It's not "rigging".

TimisaMonster

This tells me that APPLAUSE will rise up the charts again when she starts her promo tour for APPLAUSE here in the U.S.!

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Americano

Anyone who listens to radio is allowed to take the surveys. It's not "rigging".

Yeah, it is. Gaga fans even made Marry the Night #1 last year when people began spreading that link everywhere, and we all know how that worked :lmao:

Obvious fan votes are ignored

Blurred Lines isn't even here, yet they still play it every 10 minutes..

A lot of people are probably indicating on the surveys that they're tired of hearing it, which affects its placement.

Yeah, it is. Gaga fans even made Marry the Night #1 last year when people began spreading that link everywhere, and we all know how that worked :lmao:

Obvious fan votes are ignored

There's no way to tell if fans or regular people are filling out the surveys unless the song is #1 on RTM with negative call-in responses and lack of requests from listeners, which according to Billboard hasn't been the case with "Applause".

It's pretty obvious that Paramore is likely so high because of their fans voting, yet I've been hearing it on the radio more and more lately. And "MTN" was off to a very, very fast start on radio. It does make a difference.

If this really made a difference why aren't radio djs playing it more then?

It is gaining in spins, and it just went #1 on this survey today.

"Applause" is likely going to follow a more traditional route on radio and not skyrocket to the top like "Roar" is doing and like "Born This Way" did 2.5 years ago.

Brian Ryan

Just heard it in the car. I'm going to clap and do the a-r-t-p-o-p each time dance a wreck. #yoloforapplause :D

• Mills locked this topic

Archived