Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard f's up: Applause drops to #6, not #5

Featured Posts

i Love the Lady

That's what I mean...maybe she thought the GP wanted her to tone down the "crazy controversial" songs, but maybe they are looking forward to hearing her better material, but still slays the GP...AURA!.

I love the song Aura and if I had to pick song wise one of them all, that would be it! But single wise, I just get Judas feels in that people would tear it apart without bothering to understand it. I'd rather her choose one of the other songs that she said are even better that she hasn't released yet!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

I love the song Aura and if I had to pick song wise one of them all, that would be it! But single wise, I just get Judas feels in that people would tear it apart without bothering to understand it. I'd rather her choose one of the other songs that she said are even better that she hasn't released yet!

If I had to choose another GP friendly ARTPOP song, but was still crazy catchy....I would go for SWINE!

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

BoomMonster

Lady Gaga recedes 4-6 on the Hot 100 with "Applause," with which she opened the VMAs. The lead single from "ARTPOP," due Nov. 11, jumps 5-4 on Digital Songs 213,000 (up 31%) and 35-31 on Radio Songs (39 million, up 7%). It descends 3-6 on Streaming Songs (4.2 million, down 29%) after benefitting in the prior chart week from the Aug. 19 premiere of its official video.

"Applause" tops the Dance/Electronic Songs chart for a third week.

GP still doesn't like it :(

Perry's 'Roar' rises 2-1, snapping the 12-week reign of Thicke's 'Blurred Lines,' featuring T.I. and Pharrell. Plus, Eminem's 'Berzerk' debuts at No. 3 and Lorde's 'Royals' leaps into the top 10

With the eye of the tiger, Katy Perry is the Billboard Hot 100's new champion, as "Roar" rises 2-1. The song – which becomes Perry's eighth Hot 100 No. 1 – stops the 12-week command of Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" (featuring T.I. and Pharrell). Meanwhile, Eminem blasts onto the chart at No. 3 with "Berzerk" and Lorde enters the top 10 with her debut alternative/pop hit "Royals."

As always, let's look deeper at the numbers.

Registering a 17% gain in overall Hot 100 chart points, "Roar" leads Digital Songs for a third week, selling 448,000 downloads for the week ending Sept. 1 (up 14%), according to Nielsen SoundScan, after Perry performed it the previous Sunday (Aug. 25) at the end of the MTV Video Music Awards. "Roar" also leads the subscription services-based On-Demand Songs chart, where it charges 4-1 with 2.1 million U.S. streams, up 33%, according to Nielsen BDS. It climbs 5-3 on the overall Streaming Songs survey (5.4 million, up 16%).

"Roar" claims the Hot 100's top Airplay Gainer award, bounding 11-6 on Radio Songs with a 27% spike to 97 million all-format audience impressions, according to BDS. It's Perry's 12th top 10 on the airplay tally.

"Roar" becomes Perry's eighth Hot 100 No. 1. She first led with "I Kissed a Girl," which began a seven-week command (her longest) the week of July 5, 2008. In that span, Perry has quickly scaled the list of the women with the most No. 1s in the chart's 55-year history. Among female soloists, only Mariah Carey (18), Madonna, Rihanna (12 each), Whitney Houston (11) and Janet Jackson (10) have totaled more leaders. Among all artists, Perry is one of just 16 acts with at least eight No. 1s; the Beatles lead with 20 Hot 100 toppers.

"Roar" ushers in Perry's third Capitol Records album, "Prism," due Oct. 22. The lead singles from her prior two studio sets likewise topped the Hot 100: "Kissed," the first track from "One of the Boys," and "California Gurls" (featuring Snoop Dogg), the first of five No. 1s from 2010's "Teenage Dream." (The latter release became the first by a woman, and only the second among all acts after Michael Jackson's "Bad" (1987-88), to generate five Hot 100 leaders.)

The advance of "Roar" halts the 12-week rule of Thicke's "Lines" (1-2; down 2% in Hot 100 points; the former leads the latter by a 4% margin). Still, "Lines" leads Radio Songs for a ninth week (205 million, down 8%). It holds at No. 2 on Streaming Songs (6.7 million, up 10%), also benefitting from his much buzzed-about VMAs performance of the song with Miley Cyrus. Despite a 4% gain to 1.8 million, "Lines" drops 1-3 on On-Demand Songs after eight weeks at No. 1. On Digital Songs, it slips 2-3 (244,000, down 3%).

"Lines" logs a 13th week at No. 1 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs and a 16th week atop R&B Songs. It also appears to be a certainty to be named the top title on Billboard's Songs of the Summer chart. The season's final rankings will be revealed on Billboard.com tomorrow (Sept. 5).

Eminem bows at No. 3 on the Hot 100 with "Berzerk," which blasts in at No. 2 on Digital Songs with 362,000 downloads sold. It starts at No. 13 on Streaming Songs (2.7 million) and No. 59 on Radio Songs (21 million). "Berzerk" previews Eminem's album "The Marshall Mathers LP 2" (which was teased in a commercial during the VMAs), due Nov. 5.

Upon its arrival, "Berzerk" becomes Eminem's 15th Hot 100 top 10. Among rappers, only Jay Z (20), Lil Wayne and Ludacris (18 each) boast more; Diddy and T-Pain have also racked 15 top 10s apiece. It's Eminem's sixth top 10 entrance, tying Lil Wayne for the most among males. The pair trails only Taylor Swift, who's logged a record 11 top 10 debuts.

"Berzerk" concurrently starts at No. 1 on Rap Songs.

Following her now-fabled VMAs appearance, Cyrus scores a 16% Hot 100 points gain for "We Can't Stop" (which peaked at No. 2 for three weeks) but backtracks 3-4 with the arrival of Eminem's new song. "Stop" claims a record-padding 11th week atop Streaming Songs (8.1 million, up 27%, good for the Hot 100's Streaming Gainer badge) and gains on Digital Songs (157,000, up 10%) and Radio Songs (57 million, up 4%) despite dipping 7-9 and 15-16 on the lists, respectively.

Cyrus' next radio single, "Wrecking Ball," meanwhile, is the Hot 100's top Digital Gainer, vaulting 50-14. The song sold 201,000 downloads in its first full week on sale (up 124%) after debuting last week with 90,000 after less than two full days of retail availability.

(UPDATE 2:30 ET: Due to a data error, the rankings for Nos. 5 and 6 were revised after posting.)

Jay Z's "Holy Grail" (featuring Justin Timberlake) re-enters the Hot 100's top five, rebounding to its peak to date (6-5). Although it decreases by less than 1% to 170,000 downloads sold (dropping 4-7 on Digital Songs), it zooms 11-5 on Streaming Songs (4.6 million, up 68%; 1.6 million of that sum is from U.S. YouTube views of the song's official clip since its Friday [Aug. 30] debut on the site). On Radio Songs, "Grail" grows 9-7 (89 million, up 9%).

Lady Gaga recedes 4-6 on the Hot 100 with "Applause," with which she opened the VMAs. The lead single from "ARTPOP," due Nov. 11, jumps 5-4 on Digital Songs 213,000 (up 31%) and 35-31 on Radio Songs (39 million, up 7%). It descends 3-6 on Streaming Songs (4.2 million, down 29%) after benefitting in the prior chart week from the Aug. 19 premiere of its official video.

"Applause" tops the Dance/Electronic Songs chart for a third week.

Avicii's "Wake Me Up!" holds (with a bullet) at No. 7 on the Hot 100.

Along with Eminem, 16-year-old New Zealander Lorde enters the Hot 100's top 10, as her breakthrough U.S. single "Royals" springs 12-8. The track, atop the Alternative Songs airplay chart for a fourth week, bullets at No. 8 (down from No. 6) on Digital Songs but with a 16% gain to 167,000; lifts 13-12 on Streaming Songs (2.8 million, up 14%); and rumbles 30-17 on Radio Songs (57 million, up 40%).

"Royals" also takes over atop Hot Rock Songs (3-1), supplanting Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive" after a record 23 weeks at No. 1. On the Hot 100, "Radioactive" slides 5-9.

Closing out the Hot 100's top 10, Lana Del Rey dips 9-10 despite increasing on Streaming Songs (23-10; 3 million, up 56%) and Radio Songs (14-13; 74 million, up 8%).

Visit Billboard.com tomorrow (Sept. 5), when all rankings, including the Hot 100 in its entirety and Digital Songs, Radio Songs, Streaming Songs and On-Demand Songs will be refreshed, as they are each Thursday. The latest charts also appear in the next issue of Billboard magazine (on sale on Friday, Sept. 6).

source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5680131/katy-perry-dethrones-robin-thicke-atop-hot-100

:noparty:  :noparty:

why is everyone so upset?? we are stabilizing in itunes, and we got a good radio update today. ppl are so overdramatic. 

BoomMonster

why is everyone so upset?? we are stabilizing in itunes, and we got a good radio update today. ppl are so overdramatic. 

lol? #2 reply was sarcastic :D

The GP only likes the top 5 songs then? lol they like the song. This is a very stable single release so far. 

MonsterMarty

Only Gaga could be named 5th then demoted!  :laughga:

It's annoying that #4 and #5 sold 45K and 56K fewer copies than Applause this week.

Archived