💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is anyone else disappointed?

msquare91

Featured Posts

StefJAGermanotta

Wow, a thoughtful post that takes both sides of the issue into the account and doesn't degrade people who disagree with her (J&D)... Somebody give this woman all the awards, please!

:hug:

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raikov

• Michael

• Nissa

• high heeled fem

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreamscape1896

Wow, OP, your opinion is yours and it's fine, but I seriously could not disagree further. There are no words to describe what this woman has done at the Itunes fest. She has literally changed everything we knew about Gaga. It was so beautiful, so raw, such a performance. This is Gaga! This is finally a human being writing human songs. Poker Face and Paparazzi are nice, but this touches you - but it's still dance! Anyway, I loved pretty much all the songs. Favorites would definitely be Sex Dreams, Jewels N' Drugs, and Swine. Oh my god, this woman rocked out. As for lyrics, totally opposite of you there too. I think these are her most mature, explicit, honest, and adult lyrics to date. We are adults listening to adult music. If you are a teen, then, well, I am sure you're living in the 21st century with the rest of us. Finally, she mentions d--gs, a part of her past and a huge inspiration to her still. Thank you Gaga for finally writing about that. It seems the chidishness that she picked up in her BTW lyrics are gone. Now, raw poetic truthful justice exists.

AND CAN I SAY I LOVE HER IN HER NATURAL HAIR. GOD SHE HAS NEVER LOOKED MORE ATTRACTIVE OR BEAUTIFUL. I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH HER AGAIN. GAGA! Lol, I literally do not even consider myself a little Monster but I just love the new music. It'

s everything I've needed and wanted. The Fame was great, The Fame Monster was amazing, and BTW had it's moments, though for me I'd say your opinion of this era/album was my opinion of the BTW album era exactly. But she has literally blown that away. Though, I know better understand why she felt compelled to write BTW as she did and I love that.

This woman is a true artist. I want her to get recongition for this amazing work but the recognition will come as it has to all other true stars. I really could care less about the charts aspect. If radio isn't ready, then **** them.

ARTPOP<3

Dreamscape1896

I agree in some way.

I suppose with Lady Gaga's songs there's always this mission statement that I love. The Fame- satire about fame itself, The Fame Monster- passion about overcoming our fears, Born This Way- rejoicing who we are. Then ARTPOP. I love the concept (I don't like defining art, but that's a different matter), however every song besides AURA is simply mission-less. The songs reflect about what's actually happening to Gaga, the songs aren't about something more than the situation that they're in. To put it in a better perspective, it's like Gaga is releasing a whole bunch of Paper Gangstas. They're all circumstantial, like how Paper Gangstas was a song about being dropped from Def Jam. I don't know if I like circumstantial music per say- I like things that relate to anytime, not just one place.

I have to disagree with you. I find songs like Sex Dreams, Jewels N&#39; Drugs, and Swine can have many connotations and have many statements. They can be related to your/anyone's life in many different ways. These songs are not missionless. They are just different. Tbhh, besides BTW and a few other songs of the BTW album, a lot of those songs felt missionless. I know that is contradictory to what Gaga wanted, but songs like EC, TQ, all felt like their only mission was silly relentless self-empowerment jams. These can be applied to a whole variety of different life cirumstances.

The music is very much more adult and mature. I think she is finally ready to leave her annoying teenyboppers behind! [=

Cappuccino

I'm not trying to be negative here, and I really am happy for those who are in love with the new music and the direction she's taking. But speaking as a loving fan, and not as a heartless critic, I'm just not digging the new music.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be negative, but I'm just curious to hear thoughts from anyone else who isn't ecstatic about the new music, because most of what I've read so far has been praise. I'm curious to know what people on the other side think.

Really the only song I liked was Swine (and Aura, but we already had heard that). I found most of the other songs to be just laughably bad. I wouldn't want to listen to any of those songs more than a few times. I found the lyrics, in particular, to be just awful. Easily the worst that she has ever put out.

It seemed like not only was the music different, but Gaga was as well. She seems so hurt, like she can barely keep herself together. I was really turned off during most of the performance because I felt like I was watching a washed-up version of Gaga perform, rather than the amazing performer I fell in love with. Did anyone else feel that way? She just seems so plagued by demons. 

I don't even want to lure myself into thinking that the studio versions will be better, because I already made the mistake of getting excited for the lead single, the VMA performance, and for these new songs, all of which I've found to be very disappointing, particularly after waiting so patiently for so long and being told over and over that this would blow all of her previous work out of the water somehow. Going into the rest of the era, I think having no expectations will be best, for me, anyway.

i had the same thought, can only thoroughly enjoy Aura Applause and a bit of swine but thats it , as a whole performance , it was not that great. The Applause performance is good but not that hot. 

Cappuccino

im pretty nervous now that DJWS might ruin the whole album or Gagas gonna ruin it herself. most of the song apart from Aura and Applause ... when i listen to them i was like : "hmm ok, interesting, where's the chorus ? the melodies are just ...pretty flat .".

Cappuccino

Wow, OP, your opinion is yours and it's fine, but I seriously could not disagree further. There are no words to describe what this woman has done at the Itunes fest. She has literally changed everything we knew about Gaga. It was so beautiful, so raw, such a performance. This is Gaga! This is finally a human being writing human songs. Poker Face and Paparazzi are nice, but this touches you - but it's still dance! Anyway, I loved pretty much all the songs. Favorites would definitely be Sex Dreams, Jewels N&#39; Drugs, and Swine. Oh my god, this woman rocked out. As for lyrics, totally opposite of you there too. I think these are her most mature, explicit, honest, and adult lyrics to date. We are adults listening to adult music. If you are a teen, then, well, I am sure you're living in the 21st century with the rest of us. Finally, she mentions d--gs, a part of her past and a huge inspiration to her still. Thank you Gaga for finally writing about that. It seems the chidishness that she picked up in her BTW lyrics are gone. Now, raw poetic truthful justice exists.

AND CAN I SAY I LOVE HER IN HER NATURAL HAIR. GOD SHE HAS NEVER LOOKED MORE ATTRACTIVE OR BEAUTIFUL. I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH HER AGAIN. GAGA! Lol, I literally do not even consider myself a little Monster but I just love the new music. It'

s everything I've needed and wanted. The Fame was great, The Fame Monster was amazing, and BTW had it's moments, though for me I'd say your opinion of this era/album was my opinion of the BTW album era exactly. But she has literally blown that away. Though, I know better understand why she felt compelled to write BTW as she did and I love that.

This woman is a true artist. I want her to get recongition for this amazing work but the recognition will come as it has to all other true stars. I really could care less about the charts aspect. If radio isn't ready, then **** them.

ARTPOP<3

disagree. and its ARTPOP.

Unheard Beat

I have to disagree with you. I find songs like Sex Dreams, Jewels N&#39; Drugs, and Swine can have many connotations and have many statements. They can be related to your/anyone's life in many different ways. These songs are not missionless. They are just different. Tbhh, besides BTW and a few other songs of the BTW album, a lot of those songs felt missionless. I know that is contradictory to what Gaga wanted, but songs like EC, TQ, all felt like their only mission was silly relentless self-empowerment jams. These can be applied to a whole variety of different life cirumstances.

The music is very much more adult and mature. I think she is finally ready to leave her annoying teenyboppers behind! [=

I can see what you mean. However, what movement is a song like "Jewels N&#39; Drugs," following? It's not like it's trying to engage in the legalization of marijuana. It's not really engaging in something more. I agree with Gaga when she said at one of the Born This Way Balls that ARTPOP was more immature. To me, it's because it doesn't support a universal message. Instead of it being more mature, it's more or less a reflection of some moments. Swine is reflection of what she has done to get to where she is, I Wanna Be With You is a reflection she will miss her fans after cancelling the BTWT; for the most part ARTPOP seems to be Paper Gangstas. 

I thought it was all phenomenal.  Her most creative music to date.  Really original work. 

It actually amazes me that people could prefer TF to this newer body of work.  To me, this new music is superior in every way music can be.  

Edited by EYECONIC
We're all Stronger Together!

Rudz Xinc

yeah, you have your opinion but I think ARTPOP slays

if you don't like it, byeeee, see you in 2 years :staymad:

Look at those clowns

I have realised that she will never top The Fame Monster, you should do it too :) She is not the songwriter she used to be 

Edited by Optimus

Aura is slaying my life. Sex Dreams, MANiCURE, Applause, and Swine are pretty good. Jewels N&#39; Drugs is a complete gag with all that trashy rap ****. 

I find that her lyrics overall to be more of those of TF. Which I'm not jumping up and down for. 

• Shadow locked this topic