Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

"Manicure" Title Revealed on Instragram + Lyrics

Alien Tulip

Featured Posts

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thread title was probably changed 'cause Gaga-Exclusive.com tweeted it but for now it's most likely a guess.

Good, I highly doubted she'd release a song called MANiCURE so I panicked a little loll!

It's a pun on how artworks are generally referred to using its artist's name. For example, people refer to an artwork by Manet as "a Manet" or an artwork by Warhol as "a Warhol".

Thus, the meaning of the line is that in Gaga's work, she is both the artist and the art itself. "One second, I'm a Koons (as in an artwork), then suddenly the Koons (as in an artist) is me."

Ohhhhh! That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clearing that up haha :)

This is probably a dumb question but, where can we watch the Swinefest stream anyway? (I know its like 4pm EST and in the UK) but where can we view it

Blank Space

Ma ma ma ma Monster.. :bunny:

Yes Im here for GH 2.0! :whip: I believe whole album will be like :nooo: :legend:

It's a pun on how artworks are generally referred to using its artist's name. For example, people refer to an artwork by Manet as "a Manet" or an artwork by Warhol as "a Warhol".

Thus, the meaning of the line is that in Gaga's work, she is both the artist and the art itself. "One second, I'm a Koons (as in an artwork), then suddenly the Koons (as in an artist) is me."

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I never really understood this line and now it makes total sense! You're amazing! :sara: this made me love the song even more now! :legend:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived