đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga #2 female artist of the new millenium in Germany

Liam Germanotta

Featured Posts

I agree 100%. But don't forget Pink, she's around since 2000 and is always doing very well. Her least selling album was Try This with 2.7m, but Rated R "only" had 3m as well.

I don't wanna say that Pink is THE icon of the new millenium, but she is the only female artist that started her career around the new millenium and is still successful on a global scale. (We can't say that about Britney, since she lost a lot relevance on European charts since her blackout).

I dont think P!nks longevity and success can possibly be denied, the only reason I brush her off in terms of like influential females in pop music or whatever is the fact that even though shes remained after all these years she doesn't strike the same chord that people like rihanna or britney or even gaga have. she just exists in pop.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melech

You're flawless tbh

tumblr_mkncchwI821ruous7o6_400_zps3abc5a

It was indeed a loose experience. One of the best albums ever.

Let's not forget that The Spirit Indestructible went #3 here :legend:

Liam Germanotta

Nelly Furtado #5

brb moving to Germany

tumblr_mhzb43acS71rvb2ooo3_250_zps984a43

I'm glad as well! I was surprised a little bit.

It's not only because of Loose, some singles from Folklore and Manos Al Aire also charted in the Top 10. Too bad she flopped last year.

Melech

She may be the #2 female artist.... but she is the #1 artist.

This is a point of view. Rihanna is an artist too. 

geopang

Judas would've reached the top ten if Interscope would've registered it right after it was rush released. But still, yay at her beating Pink! :party:

Exqueeze me?

Pink is a goddess

Liam Germanotta

To be fair Melanie had two massive hits in 2000: Never Be The Same Again and I Turn To You, they were both top10 in Germany, so it's not all about First Day Of My Life.

You're right - I had it in my mind, just forgot to mention it. Maybe she can come back with her latest collab! I love it!

You're flawless tbh

tumblr_mkncchwI821ruous7o6_400_zps3abc5a

It was indeed a loose experience. One of the best albums ever.

For me as well! Next to TFM, Born This Way and Hard Candy.

Don't shade Hard Candy, please. 4M and GI2M were okay, Miles Away is amazing, but on the album there are way more flawless songs. [insert Pharrell's credits]

I dont think P!nks longevity and success can possibly be denied, the only reason I brush her off in terms of like influential females in pop music or whatever is the fact that even though shes remained after all these years she doesn't strike the same chord that people like rihanna or britney or even gaga have. she just exists in pop.

Yes - that's actually a nice explanation. I guess it's for her sympathy that she is able to do that. And because of her a little bit more rock-oriented style for some songs. Despite the fact that with her newest album she had a lot more pop than usual.

Oh yeah, sorry that I said she flopped. I just meant single-wise. But she still has a fan base here, which should make it easy for her to try another comeback.

Babel

TSI going top 5?

I'm glad as well! I was surprised a little bit.

It's not only because of Loose, some singles from Folklore and Manos Al Aire also charted in the Top 10. Too bad she flopped last year.

Mi Plan having a top 10 hit?

This is too much for a day. You germans have the best taste in the world.

tumblr_mjxcabU9Do1ruous7o8_250_zpsdc54ff

Liam Germanotta

TSI going top 5?

Mi Plan having a top 10 hit?

This is too much for a day. You germans have the best taste in the world.

tumblr_mjxcabU9Do1ruous7o8_250_zpsdc54ff

Manos Al Aire was #2 in 2009 (just because of sales)! And it was a MASSIVE hit on the radio!

Thanks, actually, we DID have a good taste, but the last years make me feel uncomfortable.

All those David-Guetta-esque and Pitbull-yed songs from Sean-I-did-great-hip-hop-till-I-flopped-now-I'm-a-wannabe-RnB-b---h-Paul, J-eneric Derulo, J(eneric).Lo and friends on the chart make me feel that Germany is losing taste...

But I'm fine if Gaga still makes Top-10-hits and #1-albums in the future :)

Morphine Prince

This is a point of view. Rihanna is an artist too. 

Gaga's a better artist though :whitney: 

HausOfMiklaus

Gaga's a better artist though :whitney:

Everyone agrees. It's just that the Riri factory work 24/7 on giving her hit singles released one after the other before the GP can say "sellout."

Dangerous Man

congratz. :party:

seems dat bayonce, medonr, and other btchs arent in the top 10. :hor:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived