UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

For those asking where the sudden rush of pre-orders are coming from, I'm thinking her fans are just waiting until the last minute to pre-order digitally considering all the hoo-ha over chart inelgibility. And actually, I only pre-ordered my physical copy last night. Some people just don't see the point in pre-ordering too far ahead of time, especially when it's digital. Or even pre-ordering at all. Which is another valid point: most people, even fans, don't pre-order. Obviously, digital copies won't sell out and it doesn't take any extra work to download after the release date. The only pre-ordering that makes sense is for physical copies as they can sell out and in Gaga's case, she's doing a special limited edition promotion for those who pre-order a physical copy (great plan to sell hard copies). Apart from Adele's 21, physical copies are going right down the pan and that was partly why HMV closed. Physical copies, particularly special edition ones, tend to be fan purchases, so if there's not much demand for the pre-orders, there's nothing much to worry about, as the fan community is always small in comparison to the public. I have faith that she will still get good sales from the public on the debut week. Pre-ordering is still a very small business. It's in no way indicative of poor first week sales.

I'd really like to know how many pre-orders Prism had, though. Because she sold such a small amount that it makes me wonder how many diehard fans she has left if she only sold that amount. Numbers like that suggest those sales were about 90% fan driven, which is quite a concern. And she wasn't far off James Blunt, who fell into irrelevancy years ago.

Arturo

Which is another valid point: most people, even fans, don't pre-order. 

True, I didn't preorder on iTunes :emma:

Still gonna download my digital copy tho :coffee:

Along with my physical copy from Amazon :coffee:

Anyone else nervous that GN won't give it the boost we think it will?

Well it's already in a good position. The performance definitely won't HURT the song. It can only do good, no matter how small.

well thanks for the fav/rt ya b*stard

there u go

Anyone else nervous that GN won't give it the boost we think it will?

No. It depends what you think it's gonna do. If we think it will push it as much as X Factor did and surge it to number one or something then we probably will be disappointed. However, if we think it will push it up maybe two or three spots with a chunky ratio increase and sustain it's life in the top ten, which is what I'm going for, then we should be satisfied. It will help the album more than anything imo.

Do we know yet if she's doing two separate performances like she did back in 2011? Or a medley again? Cos if it's separate performances of Venus and DWUW then it will be better because obviously DWUW didn't get a focused outing on X Factor.

there u go

No. It depends what you think it's gonna do. If we think it will push it as much as X Factor did and surge it to number one or something then we probably will be disappointed. However, if we think it will push it up maybe two or three spots with a chunky ratio increase and sustain it's life in the top ten, which is what I'm going for, then we should be satisfied. It will help the album more than anything imo.

Do we know yet if she's doing two separate performances like she did back in 2011? Or a medley again? Cos if it's separate performances of Venus and DWUW then it will be better because obviously DWUW didn't get a focused outing on X Factor.

Hoping DWUW to open and Venus to close 

Americano

DWUW + Applause doing good in US too so far. Good era start.

Inb4 BTW syndrome kicks in and Dope is the next single

ibalHQou4Az5b0.gif

Archived