Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MarcMonster's interview with DJ White Shadow

Jester

Featured Posts

Logan

A new version of Cake Like Lady Gaga? Now, things get more exciting. 

I'm trying to picture a revamped Cake, and it's just not clicking in my head.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it's kinda weird how contradictory this is, gaga says "those songs were designed to be hits and to be radio-friendly" and then DJWS says "we never sat down and said lets make a song that will sell".

Like, wtf?

I think it's like this.

You decide what you want your song to be about. For iggy azealia writing Work(best example I could think of ), she wanted to write a song that tells the story of her journey into rap stardom from backwater Australia. Since this is not something the majority of people can relate to, in order to make it 'radio friendly' and a 'hit' she boiled down the message in the chorus to something everyone can relate to - 'I work hard and am successful because of it.' Gaga and most stars do something similar, DITD is about her insecurities as a blonde pop performer under the microscope but the chorus can apply to any insecure person.

Prouction wise we see a lot of the same from gaga. Bad romance for example has heavy dance beats inspired by monster music for the verses, but then cleans it up for a simple, crisp chorus that radio will love. You can see the same on Scheisse too, and most of her songs.

None of this is working from a formula of a song that has been successful once and so you feed in the same elements to recreate that success, which I think was the point of the Just Dance comment. In short, Gaga has never created a Roar.

Kermit the frog

I think it's like this.

You decide what you want your song to be about. For iggy azealia writing Work(best example I could think of ), she wanted to write a song that tells the story of her journey into rap stardom from backwater Australia. Since this is not something the majority of people can relate to, in order to make it 'radio friendly' and a 'hit' she boiled down the message in the chorus to something everyone can relate to - 'I work hard and am successful because of it.' Gaga and most stars do something similar, DITD is about her insecurities as a blonde pop performer under the microscope but the chorus can apply to any insecure person.

Prouction wise we see a lot of the same from gaga. Bad romance for example has heavy dance beats inspired by monster music for the verses, but then cleans it up for a simple, crisp chorus that radio will love. You can see the same on Scheisse too, and most of her songs.

None of this is working from a formula of a song that has been successful once and so you feed in the same elements to recreate that success, which I think was the point of the Just Dance comment. In short, Gaga has never created a Roar.

Judas.

Judas.

That's just copying a song's structure, which is different from rehashing a formula.

(To my ears) judas is sonically a whole new territory for gaga and far beyond bad romance - the half rapping in Jamaican, the much much heavier beats, the tribal breakdown. It was disappointing that the song was structured similarly to BR, so I take your point, but i think the song was doing a lot more than just plugging a new idea into the BR formula. I thought it was one of the most innovative songs on Born This Way in a lot of ways.

It's literally my life goal to meet Gaga one day, and this kid gets to meet her like every day! I have nothing against Marc personally, but I can't help but be super jealous of him and I can't help but get a little pressed when I see and hear about him. :cryga:

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived