💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Huffpost Live to discuss Gaga/Burqa at 1:00 pm est

shane_c

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I live in a muslim country where most of the women don't wear heascarves. But there is a group of women that were these colorful headscarves that cover all the hair, like this:

2013-armine-esarp-modelleri-19.jpg

This veil or burqa (we call it turban) came out 20 years ago, it's some sort of fashion that spread around conservative women. The real turkish headscarf is worn is villages like this:

dogal-pazarda-urunlerini-satan-koylu-kad

There are a lot of people here that are against women wearing burqas (1st pic) instead of not covering their hair, saying they're backwards, unnecessary and that it's not a real headscarf because you attract attention (there are some who wear tiight jeans with the scarf). I personally have no problem with burqas even though I'm not muslim, there are a lot of people in my family that despise them and think they should stay banned in government buildings. (they are btw) They're not against the traditional headscarf (pic 2), they're against the colorful modern burqa.

Whatever, I think Aura is actually a song that women who wear burqas should appreciate. If you're wearing colorful burqas, putting on makeup, wearing high heels, then you obviously still want people to know you're an independent woman, not a slave. Aura isn't making fun of muslim women, it's telling other people that's it's a choice, a different lifestyle and that a woman can be s-xy and religios at the same time.

Great to know and great post overall!

Thanks for sharing  :hug:

aquaprincess

guess i missed it.but by the looks of the comments on here tho, didnt seem like it was worth watching anyway. huffpost has really started to get pretentious over past few months. how u gonna have ur panel one-sided? talk about biased...  :crossed:

Accusations of racism is NOT good controversy. This is really serious... I have been dreading the release of Burqa/Aura since it was announced because I knew this was going to happen. I don't want to have to defend Gaga against racism charges. She will lose this fight, you guys. We should be taking this much more seriously. I hope her and her team think really long and hard about this track and whether or not it should be officially released. It's not too late to turn this thing around.

rahmin1337

I seriously had to stop half way though. It was too painful. They clearly did not look into the meaning of the song and took it at face value. What a joke. Suppression? Invasions? Are they serious? How about empowering? “I'm not a wandering slave / I'm a woman of choice†is one of the best lyrics I've heard in a while. “It's not a statement as much as a move of passion†how much more clearly could she state this? “I don't appreciate that she used this to make money selling CDs†lol, the song leaked. She hasn't sold anything because of Aura. This makes me lose a lot of respect for Huff Post.  :fail:  :pukey:  :smh:

Slayer

And imagine if Aura had been the lead single...

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

aaronyoji

hopefully they do their research, listen to what the song is actually saying, and have an open minded discussion about it from multiple angles and not take the song for face value like everyone else is. 

Nicole

I knew something like this would happen as soon as she released the title. Whether or not the song is positive, people judge books by covers. We can only hope this doesn't cause too much more controversy 

But I feel the song is more an empowerment to women.......well, say something related to religion and religious people will find a reason to hate on you :awkney:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived