Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Billboard: Applause sells 218,000 copies + #3 Digital Song

Gypsy18

Featured Posts

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh yes it did :roll:

Yeah it did, it was released together with Roar that is clearly more appealing + it would have SLAYED if released together with the video.

Delusionals. A week before OR AFTER wouldn't have changed anything. Gaga has been doing more promotion than Katy Perry and yet it wasn't able to top Roar.

Plus, Gaga's been talking abotu ARTPOP since 2012, i mean, obviously people were expecting applause, so there's no rush release to something that's being expected for more than a year.

An by the way, the rush release thing is just a excuse to saying Gaga's power is not enough to top her peers which is clearly, untrue.

Delusionals. A week before OR AFTER wouldn't have changed anything. Gaga has been doing more promotion than Katy Perry and yet it wasn't able to top Roar.

mark my words.katy will have the gaga syndrome at her next album!with born this way gaga was coming after a H U G E era and capitalised.now katy comes after a H U G E era with 5 number ones and is now capitalising!with her next album she will have to fight like gaga has to now.and a rushed released song debuting at number six is really good.she will only get higher the next weeks after the video s impact and the VMAs and when she hits tv shows and the i tunes festival

Logan

When I envisioned what the lead single off the next album would sound like, "Applause" was not it.

Bare in mind I do enjoy "Applause", but it just doesn't pack nearly enough punch to snag the casual listener, and these sales reflect that.

"One second I'm the Koons / Then suddenly the Koons is me."

"Applause" is very much by Lady Gaga for Lady Gaga.

I completly agree. It's a great song, but it's not something that someone happens to hear on the radio and is instantly hooked. For many, including myself, it's a song that you have to listen to a few times to truly appreciate. Whereas with Roar, it's a catchy bubblegum pop song you'd expect from any female pop artist. Even if you don't care for it, it still gets stuck in your head. Therefore, you have Katy's fan base and the general public supporting it, while we have our big fan base struggling to get the GP to give it a chance. 

mark my words.katy will have the gaga syndrome at her next album!with born this way gaga was coming after a H U G E era and capitalised.now katy comes after a H U G E era with 5 number ones and is now capitalising!with her next album she will have to fight like gaga has to now.and a rushed released song debuting at number six is really good.she will only get higher the next weeks after the video s impact and the VMAs and when she hits tv shows and the i tunes festival

What makes you think I care about Perry's future sucess? I'm just saying the rush release thing is bull****, and actually it was brought the first time by gaga herself after seeing the song not being able to reach the #1 spot. Both songs were meant to compete together.

I completly agree. It's a great song, but it's not something that someone happens to hear on the radio and is instantly hooked. For many, including myself, it's a song that you have to listen to a few times to truly appreciate. Whereas with Roar, it's a catchy bubblegum pop song you'd expect from any female pop artist. Even if you don't care for it, it still gets stuck in your head. Therefore, you have Katy's fan base and the general public supporting it, while we have our big fan base struggling to get the GP to give it a chance. 

i dunno why but applause gives me bad romances teas meaning it didnt start great but ended up being an epic success

Katy doesnt make experimental music like Gaga. She always plays it safe. You cant expect her to do a song like Judas or MTN as a single

What makes you think I care about Perry's future sucess? I'm just saying the rush release thing is bull****, and actually it was brought the first time by gaga herself after seeing the song not being able to reach the #1 spot. Both songs were meant to compete together.

its different to have a debut the day you anounced and promoted for weeks and with the radio deals starting properly and the video coming out at gma and another thing to rush release a song  monday evening a week earlier just by tweeting it

Logan

i dunno why but applause gives me bad romances teas meaning it didnt start great but ended up being an epic success

It's just something that takes awhile to kick off. I'm a big stan of Gaga, and it took me till the third listen to finally enjoy and appreciate it. It's a grower. 

MANiCURE1295

I'm okay with this number. It was rush released so that did mess sales up but it gives Applause a bunch of room to grow!

Katy doesnt make experimental music like Gaga. She always plays it safe. You cant expect her to do a song like Judas or MTN as a single

This. You can't compare Katy and Gaga. You just can't anymore. They make COMPLETELY different kinds of music and Katy doesn't take risks. Gaga does.

its different to have a debut the day you anounced and promoted for weeks and with the radio deals starting properly and the video coming out at gma and another thing to rush release a song  monday evening a week earlier just by tweeting it

Ok... let's have this conversation AFTER the VMAs

and by the way, Demi Lovato's Heart Attack sold 215.000 on it's first week

Ok... let's have this conversation AFTER the VMAs

and by the way, Demi Lovato's Heart Attack sold 215.000 on it's first week

well the music video alone increased the sales but ok if it ll make you feel better i ll say she a big failure.satisfied :)

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived