Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Applause Booming On US Radio

Economy

Featured Posts

lastlinefirst

This is great news. I don't know why people think more radio equals more sales. Not even gonna lie, unless it's someone I really love (like Gaga) I usually don't even end up buying a cd/single. I just download it...

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• Pop

• leoj

Top Posters In This Topic

So I live in Los Angeles and was pretty much in my car for the majority of the day and I heard Applause played twice on both the prominent mainstream Top 40 stations. Don't know if this means much but at least I got to hear it on the radio!

Edited by citylights

Economy

@lastlinefirst well radio promotes a song does it not?

Its rare to see a song go top 5 on radio that doesnt also reach top 5 or at least top 10 on itunes also!

:gum: oh no...

i love gaga, and i hate to see her no getting no.1, and also Katy doing so much better. but fact is, Applause is not great for the mainstream, monsters just have to deal with it.

Economy

@Gagafy the ratio is still better than Roar

Leasten calm yourself, its great for radio!

Gaga hadnt released anything for nearly 2 years. Applause obviously wasnt gonna explode on radio like btw but its stedily climbing... Pretty quick too

Stop worrying so much!

Honestly I've heard so many people say lately "oh ya I've heard this song, I like it" and have absolutely NO IDEA who sings it. The VMA's are going to help her out so much.

And even if the song doesn't have as much success in the US, her tour is going to be the biggest money maker in all. As long as her fans continue to love the music, it really doesn't matter how many records she sells or how well the song charts - the tour will keep her on top for a long time.

Economy

@Mitch seriously? Everyone I know both know the song and who sing it!

Then again, top 40 stations in Toronto have a thing for saying "Lady Gaga" loudly, slowly and with a slight accent before playing one of her songs so its impossible to miss :toofunny:

Edited by Economy

It will be a slow grower but it will boom! YAS!

Those kind of hits are the best. They're the biggest sellers.

Economy

@Hamlet u can bet on it... Ppl like it and its gains om radio have been stedy

Perhaps it didnt explode on the charts like BTW or Roar but then again most songs don't

Considering Gaga was away from ppls minds for 2 years, Applause has some solid momentum going! :yes:

EthanPamyu

I heard it twice last night on the radio and my dad automatically turned it up both times  :party:

Those kind of hits are the best. They're the biggest sellers.

yes! it happened to every biggest hit of me  :). So since Applause release, i keep it repeat slowly, But it hasn;t happened yet 

• Shadow locked this topic