Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Applause Booming On US Radio

Economy

Featured Posts

We'll see, but definitely it's not a good sign that it is constantly falling...  Especially when the radio updates are not bad at all. It means people dont like it enough to buy. I agree that we shouldn't be pessimistic about it's chart run after just one week, but at the same time we shouldn't be too optimistic. Let's just be patient, and see if the video can help or not. Her latest videos flopped, and barely helped the songs on iTunes...

We shouldn't be concerned about the video. Her performance on the VMA's matters much much more because that is what could potentially boost sales. I think far too many people are already writing her off just because shes just in the Top 10 instead of dominating the Top 10 but I mean just give it time. If it only does mediocre than it sets a low bar for the next single which could possibly be amazing.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• Pop

• leoj

Top Posters In This Topic

PatrickMonster

We shouldn't be concerned about the video. Her performance on the VMA's matters much much more because that is what could potentially boost sales. I think far too many people are already writing her off just because shes just in the Top 10 instead of dominating the Top 10 but I mean just give it time. If it only does mediocre than it sets a low bar for the next single which could possibly be amazing.

That's true, but the problem is, that her 2 biggest rivals Katy and Robin Thicke will perform as well. So compared to its sales it will rise, but compared to Roar and BL it might not rise that much. The GP loves Katys mediocre, cringeworthy performances, and Robin will deliver some s-xy girls I'm sure. Gaga will obviously not play it safe. We'll see how the public reacts, but it might now be that positive...

That's true, but the problem is, that her 2 biggest rivals Katy and Robin Thicke will perform as well. So compared to its sales it will rise, but compared to Roar and BL it might not rise that much. The GP loves Katys mediocre, cringeworthy performances, and Robin will deliver some s-xy girls I'm sure. Gaga will obviously not play it safe. We'll see how the public reacts, but it might now be that positive...

Well, thats why I said it could potentially boost sales. I don't think I was being pessimistic or optimistic. Just realistic. And I think it isnt pessimistic but realistic to say that Gaga will not beat out Katy right now. Shes just not going to. But Gaga can do well if she plays her cards right.

Although to be pessimistic, Gagas non-supporters are so loud and try very hard to convince neutrals to pit against her. Since Applause isnt good enough to silence the haters I think thats Gagas biggest obstacle. She has to somehow get Applause in there for people to latch onto and consume before their convinced to do otherwise.

Edited by xgagax

Economy

@PatricMonster Fans have the single already so a drop in sales was predictable!

Its rising on radio quickly but its still only at #25 so its not high enough yet to expose to large amounts of the GP

Believe me tho, it will rise to the top 5 on itunes soon and probably hold there for a good month!

disostick14

It came on the radio on my way home from work in the US and it was my first time ever hearing it on the radio and I was like yasssss  :excited:  

Absurd Nerd

Came on at the gym and I was like  :music: And so were a couple of other guys in between sets lol

Came on at the club too and people went nuts!  :cryga:

AgusPop

After the video's released I'm sure applause will be #1 on iTunes.

R.I.P Roar  :omfgaga:  

We need to break the vevo record for gags okay

Economy

@BarARTPOP Music video alone wont make it go above Roar

Ppl jumping on Roar quickly and cause of how much its being played... Roar will probably sell above 300k or close to it for two more weeks

Applause on the other hand with Gaga having to re-establish herself will only sell high numbers once her airplay is close to top 10... Or after VMAs if were lucky

Basically im saying its not impossibe for Applause to pass Roar if it keeps growing in popularity at this rate and Roar burns its success too fast...

Im just saying it wont happen next week even with the music video and GMS

Ancient Alien

Hmmm.. I don't care about the charts sht tbh. Because it's only temporary. I only care about how good the videos and performances are. I just want her to go down in history as a legend again! ;) the song's actually epic so whatever :D

• Shadow locked this topic