💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

MANiCURE would kick ass on top 40

I'm trying not to be delusional but I watched the whole performance again and it feels like everything could slay effortlessly. :cry:

I'm just pressed that radio could ruin thoses smashes because of the name "Lady Gaga" :roll:

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've talked to a few older people who were like OMG why is my frigging child playing this song. Once was nice now I am pulling my hair out. To me for real it sounds like a commercial. I don't know anyone who isn't tired of it. I guess it dies hard on radio.

Same here. Whenever I'm in a car with my friends they get annoyed and change the station when it comes on. It's just bizarre that it doesn't even sound top 40 material to me, yet it will probably be the most successful single of all time.

pie-kun

I was a little disappointed in Sex Dreams, but I think it was because I didn't like how the live instruments meshed with the synth parts of the song. I think the studio version will be great.

Americano

One "guess" I have regarding the radio ordeal is that they're buying into the media/hype that Applause/Gaga is flopping, so they don't want to play the song. Now if only they'd look at iTunes...

I dont think anyone believes Gaga is actually flopping though. The media hasnt been saying that

What do you think of Jewels & Drugs as a Rihanna style urban radio only single?

Yes I want that. Rhythmic/Urban release only.

Pop Art

I think that might be a good idea. Even if the song doesn't actually become an urban hit like Pour It Up, it could still widen her audience, and pull in some extra album sales. On the other hand, I could see some backlash from people saying she's trying too hard to widen her audience.

I'd really like that. Just better be a pop single out at the same time, though.

Just A Holy Fool

Yeah, she has not been flopping. I think the media overall is kind of back on her side. The GP is too. Anyone I've talked to who was over her during BTW, loves Applause.

Yeah, she has not been flopping. I think the media overall is kind of back on her side. The GP is too. Anyone I've talked to who was over her during BTW, loves Applause.

The media care more about album sales and general reputation. Nobody goes on about Kanye not having any viable radio singles from Yeezus, let along Miley's limited airplay for We Can't Stop.

Applause will be in top 10 for several weeks, that's solid. 

nick4bty

MANiCURE cant get over how radio ready that song is

I think the "m-m-m-MANiCURE" part pretty much gives it away. 

Archived