Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

US Charts Discussion

Americano

Featured Posts

Hm, I still think that we kinda overeacting with this. Lets wait for 3 days of negative AI.

Idk I just dislike very much that they chose the safe route with the lead-single. 'lead-singles generally do good' (quoting Gaga herself) -- why not go with a risky one then? It turned out amazing for her in the past..

Applause isnt safe. The lyrics doesnt make it safe. And other things also : people complaining that you cant understand the lyrics is another thing that doesnt make it a safe choice.

• Replies 31.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They ain't being so kind to her today so I'm surprised

I'm surprised too. I was half asleep on the car and I heard the song and all my family started dancing :laughga:

Hm, I still think that we kinda overeacting with this. Lets wait for 3 days of negative AI.

Applause isnt safe. The lyrics doesnt make it safe. And other things also : people complaining that you cant understand the lyrics is another thing that doesnt make it a safe choice.

Its generic elements make it kinda safe :shrug: People didn't understand Gangam Style either... look how that turned out.

GagaMyBlood95

I'm sorry, but Applause lyrics aren't made for a lead single and that is so obvious! 

The good news is that with 1,5 m views per day ( now it has 1,5 - 2 m), Applause will be vevo certified in 42 days.

SomethingMore

Nooo , I posted 3,000th post without realising it  :deadbanana: I did the same thing with 2,000th post.

GagaMyBlood95

The good news is that with 1,5 m views per day ( now it has 1,5 - 2 m), Applause will be vevo certified in 42 days.

yeah, I hope we can get this done!

SomethingMore

I'm sorry, but Applause lyrics aren't made for a lead single and that is so obvious! 

That was the point of it. She writes GOOD lyrics, not something generic just to make it a hit song like Bonnie McKee.

The brigde and the chorus are really easy to remember and super catchy, so lyrics are NOT the problem.

Its generic elements make it kinda safe :shrug: People didn't understand Gangam Style either... look how that turned out.

I think it wasnt hard to understand the chorus lyrics : Hey s-xy lady. U U u u. Gangam style.

And there wasnt a preasure to understand the other lyrics. And Applause is supposed to have a message. :awkney:

GagaMyBlood95

That was the point of it. She writes GOOD lyrics, not something generic just to make it a hit song like Bonnie McKee.

The brigde and the chorus are really easy to remember and super catchy, so lyrics are NOT the problem.

well yeah it has a catchy chorus, but a lot of people just don't understand the rest of it. Unlike Roar which is a generic story.

WW sales: @JTimberlake, The 20/20 Experience 23,000 (3,301,000 total).

How much of these come from the US? :huh:

I think it wasnt hard to understand the chorus lyrics : Hey s-xy lady. U U u u. Gangam style.

And there wasnt a preasure to understand the other lyrics. And Applause is supposed to have a message. :awkney:

Applause's message is mostly revealed during its prechorus tho tbh. :awkney:

jhonyguy04

Let's not be delusional. It isn't

for you, it might not be, but for me it is.  :ohwell:

SomethingMore

WW sales: @JTimberlake, The 20/20 Experience 23,000 (3,301,000 total).

How much of these come from the US? :huh:

2.1m

Its doing pretty good WW, but I expected more cause it was his big comeback. For example in the UK, his album sold only 300,000.

Archived