Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: 'Applause' to debut with 200k in US (Current: #3 - iTunes)

Americano

Featured Posts

aquaprincess

There is so much negativity here. People calling Applause flop, lamenting sales, and even saying Applause isn't that great. Well guess what? why don't you jump onto Katy's bandwagon? you're assured your number ones, your big sales debut and your 100 million AI. You're also assured to be fans of a pop star who 20 years down the road will enter oblivion cause she had no effing cultural impact.

This...

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karl

• Michael

• Americano

• Optimus

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you always make me feel so stupid when I'm not :nails:

I don't think you are stupid I just think that what you said was

11263487.gif

Babel

GET IT TOGETHER GAGA

DO SOMETHING

tumblr_mmzp79e9Vd1qkjfz1o1_250_zpsf27d36

I know they're really bad numbers, but she'll do fine in the long run.The song is catchy and funny, it only needs more exposure (great video, VMA perfomance etc)

Economy

This may not be such a bad thing... Katy Perry is still more fresh on the GP minds so they jumped on her song faster

This means as more ppl in the GP get used to the song and remember Gaga again more ppl will buy the song later

This means Applause will have more sustained sales for longer when it reaches its peak on the radio at the same time giving her a chance at a #1 later!

Edited by Economy

Is this supposed to be bad? I don't understand the opposition on pop forums about this.

You have to take into consideration the fact that contrary to what monsters have made themselves believe for the past 2 years Gagas star has somewhat dimmed and she needs to work her way back into the general publics trust. Applause isn't strong enough to silence the haters and snatch her placement back but everything about this era so far is still a promising start to her doing so. The VMA's and the music video might help propel its sales but in the end she was never going to dominate like Katy will because Katy has everyone in the palm of her hand at the moment and shes not the type to jeopardize that with questionable music. Roar is every bit as basic and accessible as I thought it would be.

Edited by xgagax

Is this supposed to be bad? I don't understand the opposition on pop forums about this.

Given that it's a lead single of a highly anticipated album and compared to the sales projections for Katy's Roar, it comes off surprisingly poor. 

Given that it's a lead single of a highly anticipated album and compared to the sales projections for Katy's Roar, it comes off surprisingly poor. 

Its not surprising though. Its only surprising to the people that deluded themselves into believing her star is as strong as it was 3 years ago. This is the reality of her stature now and its not really that poor.

Slayer

You have to take into consideration the fact that contrary to what monsters have made themselves believe for the past 2 years Gagas star has somewhat dimmed and she needs to work her way back into the general publics trust. Applause isn't strong enough to silence the haters and snatch her placement back but everything about this era so far is still a promising start to her doing so. The VMA's and the music video might help propel its sales but in the end she was never going to dominate like Katy will because Katy has everyone in the palm of her hand at the moment and shes not the type to jeopardize that with questionable music. Roar is every bit as basic and accessible as I thought it would be.

G0rl i just burned my tongue on all that true tea.  :tea:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Did anyone actually think she'd rush a single release out of nowhere, after 2 years of nothing, and the GP would sit up and pay attention immediatly? I think these sales indicate a more sustained success of the coming weeks, rather than a big high followed by a drastic dip in sales

Illuminati Freak

So the song is less than a week old and according to some people selling 200k is a flop???!!! :fail:

MonsterOfSpain

So the song is less than a week old and according to some people selling 200k is a flop???!!! :fail:

Yes.

ThomastheMonster

So, is there still a chance that "Applause" could bloom next week and rise in the charts?

i don't know why anybody hasn't answered this yet... but of course there is! :rynhug: gaga has done no promo for the song besides 2 radio interviews and 2 audio videos. wait till the real promo starts. vma's, music video, the song ACTUALLY being sent to radio will help A LOT TOO

Illuminati Freak

Yes.

Then you're an idiot.

Edited by Illuminati Freak

• Shadow locked this topic