💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My Thoughts on Why Some Fans Care (Too Much?) About Charting

PoshLife

Featured Posts

PoshLife

i cried tbh. and I agree...

although if you stan for Gaga then you know that her song is good. You should trust her. The chart positions now reflect exactly what we knew the GP thought. They prefer Katy cause with BTW gaga went a bit too outrĂƒÆ’Â© with the music so they don't trust her enough now.

If Gaga want the GP's love back, we can't do anything but support her until the GP listen to the song and make it succeed. fans rarely are the ones giving longevity to a song.

I really agree with your assessment! I think the GP needs to "fall back in love" with her a little bit. And I do think Applause will allow that to happen with enough time. A good video and VMA performance will definitely help.

Thanks for reading!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are part of the winning team.  Gaga's relevance is there still. The GP obviously still love her.  We are the winners.

When people see Gaga at the VMA's they will officially know she is back and she will get those hits.

crownlessking

I agree with the OP, but there are other reasons.

It's the fact that we can't beat Katy Perry. And it shouldn't bother me, but it does. Since when did Katy Perry have more pop star power than Lady Gaga?

Sorry but her comeback single should have got to #1 in US/UK. And, thus far, it hasn't. It's dumb.

I also want her to get #1's because I want her to win for her. I love her and I want her to be happy.

giskardsb

Geez people.  Remember TOP 40 radio panders to the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR.  The only thing KP's #1 successes prove is that she is completely unwilling to take any chances or move off the "Katy Perry formula for pop success."  Dark era my butt. 

you all should be proud that Gaga isn't pandering.  Start stanning for artistic integrity and innovation and not for spoon fed top 40 pablum. If the GP get's what Gaga is doing, great.  If not, then oh well.  Not our fault the basic Top 40 listener and program director have no sense of musical adventure.

Dawson

At the end of the day, its a pop song on a chart.

People devote too much of their life hoping everyone else likes their favourite popstar. The charts are interesting to compare and look at and theres fun in hoping your favourite goes to #1, but people take it too seriously most of the time. Just go out, enjoy the music.

jhonyguy04

Not topping the charts means no tv appearances, no videos for singles, no award show and possibly low budget tours if she tours at all,

• 2 weeks later...

Not topping the charts means no tv appearances, no videos for singles, no award show and possibly low budget tours if she tours at all,

No it doesn't. Several solid, lasting Top 10 hits per era is enough.

If Applause is another Alejandro or EoG in charts and sales, she is okay.

Because for a lot of people on here, it's not simply about being on the charts - it's about topping the charts. Number two isn't enough for these people: she must be on top, she must be number one, she must be The Queen.

I think it's a similar syndrome as Madonna and Britney fans. Top gay icons of their generation, and a lot of gay pop fans see music as a competitive sport. Same obsession with being "the queen!" and beating every other girl in music. Which leads to resentment of other female pop success.

Madonna fans are worse with hating rivals (cause she doesn't make nice like Gaga does with Britney and Katy).

But Gaga fans can track Gaga's sales hourly on itunes, in a way previously impossible. That breeds obsessiveness with single sales and meltdowns.

jhonyguy04

No it doesn't. Several solid, lasting Top 10 hits per era is enough.

If Applause is another Alejandro or EoG in charts and sales, she is okay.

that is what I am hoping tbh!! I just dont want it to flop a la Judas. 

This post is just perfect. We don't realize it, but to some degree, Gaga represents us. Whether we realize it or not.

The past few days, I would find myself listening to the radio in hopes of hearing Applause. To my disappointment, the radio just doesn't play her as much as Katy Perry.

I feel that this could tie in to Gaga's past as she would always support the LGBT community. I don't think the radio likes that.

As a fan, I at times am embarrassed to play her music out loud around straight friends. I'm embarrassed to sing around with her music because of the image that she has set herself up with.

I've found myself hating the songs on the top of the charts. It's very weird.

aaronyoji

Geez people.  Remember TOP 40 radio panders to the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR.  The only thing KP's #1 successes prove is that she is completely unwilling to take any chances or move off the "Katy Perry formula for pop success."  Dark era my butt. 

you all should be proud that Gaga isn't pandering.  Start stanning for artistic integrity and innovation and not for spoon fed top 40 pablum. If the GP get's what Gaga is doing, great.  If not, then oh well.  Not our fault the basic Top 40 listener and program director have no sense of musical adventure.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

also, i think a lot of people need to take a look at other acts outside of bubblegum pop. many other acts and artists who are legendary come from an era when charts and stannisms and these outside validation wasn't the foundation of whats perceived to be "good" music like it is now. 

ever wonder why rock bands like the beatles or queen dont have as many number one hits as rihanna or the black eyed peas? number ones dont make you a legend. 

Economy

Being outcasts and freaks and wanting to be #1 for a change may be that partial phychological thing in this fan-basr subcontious many might not even be aware of

But dony forget... Success is what pays for high budget music videos, expensive performances, fun tv promo etc...

If she were to start flopping a lot... She wouldnt have the means to do things the way she does now anymore!

Let Love Down

Because people don't want to have her flop. She's used to #1's, not #29. We want to see her relevant. 

that's so simple. Remember the worldwide success of TFM era compared to ARTPOP era now. you see..

Her record label could not be broken anymore since the experimental BTW era has indicated her losing of influence of the GP.

She must be successful at least in this era for her to keep going.

I am not opposing her to do something artistic. but at least she had to be commercial to found a solid basis as a pop star.

• Mills locked this topic

Archived