Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Applause iTunes Thread

Haus

Featured Posts

Stop with the no promo excuse, Katy didn't have any promo either :awkney:

Katy's coming off 7 #1 singles. 

Gaga's coming off a divisive era and  a Top 40 single.

This is basically Katy's equivalent of Born This Way's (the song) release. She won't have to move a finger to sell just like Gaga didn't. Gaga knew this single would have to be promoted to hell and back in order to do "well." It's unfortunate the leak happened and she rush-released it as the only promo they could move forward were the radio interviews. But next week is when it really starts. GMA will be huge; she has never released a video like that. I expect more talk show appearances for the coming two weeks before she headlines the iTunes festival.

I think a Top 3 or Top 2, maybe, maybe, maybe a #1 is possible.

Edited by LedyGudja

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Haus

• AgusPop

• urigaga

• monketsharona

Americano

Do you think the video will be huge? For what we know I'm afraid it will so beautifull and creative but I'm doubting if it will be really massive... I don't know, maybe I'm wrong :party:

I have no idea.

I think the launch plans are big, with the Times Square premiere and everything. Add on top of that some crazy outfit, it'll be a big Gaga moment.

With that said, making a huge video isn't some easy task as we saw with the BTW era. She doesnt have that internet buzz she used to, so she really has to nail it. We'll see. Only about a day until we find out (barring a leak.)

Edited by Americano

She'll be FINE when she gets that radio play, music video, and VMAs.

Literally not worried at all.

And I think her tweet this morning was signaling that she's not worried either.

Weasel

I have no idea.

I think the launch plans are big, with the Times Square premiere and everything. Add on top of that some crazy outfit, it'll be a big Gaga moment.

With that said, making a huge video isn't some easy task as we saw with the BTW era. She doesnt have that internet buzz she used to, so she really has to nail it. We'll see. Only about a day until we find out (barring a leak.)

But she premiered EOG on a national tv program too :ohno:

Americano

But Edge of Glory was probably one of the most disastrous things she has ever produced, so can we really compare? 

Edited by Americano

EOG was ****ed from the start. 

Huge gaps between peak sales and peak radio play and the ****ty video AND promo. If things had lined up, she would've gone #1 with it. 

This is why she shouldn't have released this single early even if it leaked. Next week is the radio deal, the huge promo, and the video. She could've added the sales from us and gone Top 2 or #1 with it. 

Edited by LedyGudja

Weasel

But Edge of Glory was probably one of the most disastrous things she has ever produced, so can we really compare? 

No we can't because this is the video for the lead single after more than 2 years of waiting. But just saying that having a fancy premiere on tv doesn't guarantee a smashing video  :P

Americano

No we can't because this is the video for the lead single after more than 2 years of waiting. But just saying that having a fancy premiere on tv doesn't guarantee a smashing video  :P

A random TV show with mediocre ratings isn't comparable  to a premiere in Times Square with thousands of fans, and Lady Gaga standing in the middle of it.

I am worried it will leak though tomorrow. TV premieres tend to leak for some reason.

Weasel

A random TV show with mediocre ratings isn't comparable  to a premiere in Times Square with thousands of fans, and Lady Gaga standing in the middle of it.

I am worried it will leak though tomorrow. TV premieres tend to leak for some reason.

Will she be there herself on Times Square? Will she be able to visit the set of GMA and go to Times Square after that? I don't know where they broadcast GMA so...? Probaply because she needs to send the video to the tv channel. You'd expect people to keep it in a save place though  :roll:

Americano

Will she be there herself on Times Square? Will she be able to visit the set of GMA and go to Times Square after that? I don't know where they broadcast GMA so...? Probaply because she needs to send the video to the tv channel. You'd expect people to keep it in a save place though  :roll:

GMA is in New York City. Gaga will be there outside Im sure.

EdgeOfRomance

Katy's coming off 7 #1 singles. 

Gaga's coming off a divisive era and  a Top 40 single.

This is basically Katy's equivalent of Born This Way's (the song) release. She won't have to move a finger to sell just like Gaga didn't. Gaga knew this single would have to be promoted to hell and back in order to do "well." It's unfortunate the leak happened and she rush-released it as the only promo they could move forward were the radio interviews. But next week is when it really starts. GMA will be huge; she has never released a video like that. I expect more talk show appearances for the coming two weeks before she headlines the iTunes festival.

I think a Top 3 or Top 2, maybe, maybe, maybe a #1 is possible.

#1 is nowhere close to being possbile.... with the rate it's going.....

Edited by EdgeOfRomance

It makes me rofl so much all the excuses. Katy hasn't done any promo either huns, Applause just isn't do as well and that's because it's a pretty generic song coming from Gaga.

Give that song to Ciara it wouldn't crack top 100

SomethingMore

It makes me rofl so much all the excuses. Katy hasn't done any promo either huns, Applause just isn't do as well and that's because it's a pretty generic song coming from Gaga.

Give that song to Ciara it wouldn't crack top 100

And Roar isnt generic?!