• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Haus

• AgusPop

• urigaga

• monketsharona

VasilisVas

The fact that Gaga is an American popstar and USA is one of the few states where she hasn't reached the #1  :toofloppy:

America is a country,hun, not a state.  :megaflop:

Honey Boo Boo

Yeah, but the fact that your icon is a little sloth made it adorable.

Xoxoxo bbz luv u <3 muaxxx xoxo hmu.

A dolla makes me holla!💰💵💸

pierodinero

OKay, this is all my opinion but I'm just going to throw this out here:

I feel like these campaigns to force everyone into buying her singles tend to always backfire in the end. The reason why Bad Romance did so well is because it wasn't FORCED. The song took awhile to get to #2 (not #1 but close enough) but what happened? It STAYED there. It had longevity. That longevity made it a classic. It seems like ever since then, we have now tried forcing #1's by rushing to buy a million copies of a single while throwing copies at other people without letting them make up their mind about the song first. This, in return, can make said people grow sick of the song faster than if they had discovered it on their own without their hand being forced.

This all boils down to the need for instant gratification that is running rampant in society now. And I fully include myself in that because I'm the same way with things. If we don't get it NOW, then we consider it a failure and we flip. I've seen very few people in this thread saying they'd prefer a slow burn to #1 with longevity vs instant #1 that might only stay there a few days and then fall like a rock. People are flipping out because it's not #1 on itunes right now but seriously, who the hell cares?? We still have performances, VMAs, music video, lyric video, etc coming. If all of those things pass and she's not doing well, then you can freak out. But to have a meltdown because a song that literally came out the other day isn't #1? It's kind of ridiculous. Give it some time. Seriously. You also have to realize that Gaga is not and will never be Katy Perry. She is a polarizing figure and her music is much more experimental in comparison to what plays on the radio. For that reason, that's why patience is needed when it comes to her music releases. She will very rarely get instant hits like other pop artists and that's okay as long as she stays true to herself.

I also would like to mention that no guys, #1s are not as important as you think they are. My mind was forever blown when I actually checked out where some of Michael Jackson's hits charted and saw that they were not as high up as I believed they would have been. Did that take away from his legacy at all? Hell no, it didn't. Stan culture is making this **** seem more serious than it really is and it's a damn shame. People are in constant competition for their faves and living through their successes as if they were a reflection of their own. I'm with Gaga on wanting to drop the drama and focus on the music. Stop stressing out over stuff that isn't important. Unless she is completely flopping (and I"m talking not even charting in the top 20/not getting headlines/not being asked for magazines/not being talked about at all) then these meltdowns are not necessary.

PREACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I needed to read this. THANK YOU!

The point here is not how much the song sells or how much other people like it, but whether or not you liked it. So, did you like the song? If yes, than you need to "Stop the drama and start the music".

I like the song but not as much as lot of her previous singles, I think all her singles of The fame/the Fame Monster are better than Applause. I'm a bit disappointed.

Also, Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" only reached the #2 spot in the US and they will always be way more respected than Katy Perry. That being said, I can gift the song once if someone would like it. LOL!

Honey Boo Boo

Also, Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" only reached the #2 spot in the US and they will always be way more respected than Katy Perry. That being said, I can gift the song once if someone would like it. LOL!

MEEEH! [email protected]

A dolla makes me holla!💰💵💸

Rudz Xinc

Americans has weird taste in music though imo

only half of the top 40 billboard hot 100 that I really like

I don't get it how they can chart

Look at those clowns

itsdominik

42 countries WOW!

And she will get #1 in even more countries like Austria, Australia, Japan :) :)

Edited by austriamonster

VasilisVas

What does it take to get an answer in here from someone? I must have asked about 50 times where I can look up the sales of applause so I can know how many countries she's number 1 in and nobody has answered. I know it's 43 , but I want to be able to keep up with it myself too. HELLO? ANYONE OUT THERE?  :cry: