• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kermit the frog

• Didymus

• elijahfan

• Voltaic

Unheard Beat

Some interesting tid bits from a biography of Chuck Barris' life from http://www.biography.com/people/chuck-barris-9542546

"But in 1976, Barris made a comeback with The Gong Show, and at NBC's insistence, hosted it himself. Though critics argued that the show demeaned its contestants, The Gong Show found its audience and made the host, whose antics got crazier as the years wore on, into a bona fide star. But by 1980, The Gong Show was falling behind in the ratings and was eventually canceled."

Perhaps Gaga is using this show as a metaphorical representation of what we have jousted onto her; she must constantly be better than what she was, but in the end if that's all what she is attempts to do anymore she will end up canceled like the show.

Dangerous Man

Oh gawdd. can't handle this anymore.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

LostBoyfriend

I love those lyrics! :legend:

Am I the only one who thinks she's going to release a snippet of the song eventually with all of the promo she has been doing on twitter lately?

I really don´t think Gaga is the kind of artist that release snippets of her songs :awkney: , the biggest thing that can happen is that snippets "Leak" because all the "leaks" have being "official" an programmed  :usrs:  

Guest TheNextOne

She's really doing a great job at keeping ARTPOP a mystery. We don't even know what's coming next. :gum:

I'm excited and confused at the same time. :gum:

LostBoyfriend

still cant believer after 2 years were finally getting a single and a video in 15 days

And lets no talk about when we read that Gaga was hermaphrodite :rofl:

Just Dance, where it all began, I feel as if Gaga was a Bing Bang live performance. :pawsup:

crisTEAne

Oh I didn't mean to be  :hug:

Explain to me what the f*** skelleton guns and wedding bells in the attic are, though :derpga:

obviously a reference... to me :laughga:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

pie-kun

My thoughts so far on the lyrics are that she's basically saying she only cares about the audience because it's the audience that gives her the thing that she loves, the Applause. The audience will both figuratively and literally drown out the critics. The question is: will the critics be drowned out by the audience's applause or by the loud crash of their figurative gong of disapproval?

I read some insecurity into this. Perhaps Gaga is saying she too is always questioning her performances, nervously wondering in the back of her mind whether the public will accept a performance where she bleeds and hangs from the ceiling (among other performances) or whether the public will turn against her and signal her failure as an artist by figuratively banging the gong, making her disappear from her stage and kicking her out of the spotlight. Perhaps forever.

She needs the audience to give her approval by clapping, the approval she needs for her addiction to fame. She screams at the BTWB concert "Please say my name, I can't live without the fame!". She also mentions in some older lyrics that the only way she could stay away from the stage was if Fame could be injected into her through an IV. Thus, she must get her "fix" from the stage and the applause from the audience.

Anyways, just my interpretation.

Edited by pie-kun

Elizabeth

The lyrics are so itneresting, I can't wait to see how this all fits together in the song! 

My thoughts so far on the lyrics are that she's basically saying she only cares about the audience because it's the audience that gives her the thing that she loves, the Applause. The audience will both figuratively and literally drown out the critics. The question is: will the critics be drowned out by the audience's applause or by the loud crash of their figurative gong of disapproval?

I read some insecurity into this. Perhaps Gaga is saying she too is always questioning her performances, nervously wondering in the back of her mind whether the public will accept a performance where she bleeds and hangs from the ceiling (among other performances) or whether the public will turn against her and signal her failure as an artist by figuratively banging the gong, making her disappear from her stage and kicking her out of the spotlight. Perhaps forever.

She needs the audience to give her approval by clapping, the approval she needs for her addiction to fame. She screams at the BTWB concert "Please say my name, I can't live without the fame!". She also mentions in some older lyrics that the only way she could stay away from the stage was if Fame could be injected into her through an IV. Thus, she must get her "fix" from the stage and the applause from the audience.

:legend: 

Love that interpretation! 

Wow, great interpretation! I was going to post something but your interpretation pretty much put everything I wanted to say in the best way possible.  :clap:

Can someone explain me? Crash as in collide right? (I'm not a native english speaker :flop: )

A gong is a musical instrument. You "crash" (the gong word for hit lol) it to play it.

• Shadow locked this topic